PDA

View Full Version : Dead or Not Dead?

IndieMatty
01-27-2005, 03:55 PM
N.C. emergency medical team suspended after screw-up

Jesus, imagine not being sure? Remind me to have all my near fatal car accidents North of the Mason Dixon.

The Associated Press
Updated: 9:11 a.m. ET Jan. 27, 2005RALEIGH, N.C. - A medical examiner studying a body in a morgue was startled when the man took a shallow breath.

Emergency medical technicians had declared 29-year-old Larry D. Green dead almost two hours earlier, after he was hit by a car.

Medical examiner J.B. Perdue was called to the accident scene Monday but did not examine Green then. Later, he was documenting Green’s injuries when he noticed the man was breathing.

“I had to look twice myself just to make sure it was there, that’s how subtle it was,” Perdue said.

Green, 29, was taken to Duke University Medical Center in Durham, where he was in critical condition Wednesday.

Several members of the Franklin County emergency medical service have been suspended pending an investigation, said Darnell Batton, the county attorney.

Better off dead, yeah better off dead
Why don't you try pushing daisies instead?
Better off dead, yeah better off dead
A smile on the lips and a hole in the head

And I'll never make the same mistake,
The next time I create the universe
I'll make sure you participate
Oh yeah

turnipmonster
01-27-2005, 04:02 PM
great song! I think that's their last really good album.

IndieMatty
01-27-2005, 04:30 PM
Stranger then Fiction was da bomb yo.

Paluka
01-27-2005, 04:38 PM
Are you guys talking about Bad Religion? You include Stranger than Fiction with their good albums?

IndieMatty
01-27-2005, 04:49 PM
Sorry, I really like that album, I know it started the move away from punk, but it's so damn poppy...brings me back to days of listenting to WDRE.

Against the Grain is my personal favorite.

Zoltri
01-27-2005, 04:51 PM
I wonder if this story makes it to CSI?

turnipmonster
01-27-2005, 05:28 PM
Against the Grain is definitely their best album.

Paluka, yes I think Stranger than Fiction was pretty good, definitely listenable, which is more than I can say for any album that came after that (excepting the gray race I guess).

my favorite albums are probably (in order) against the grain, suffer and 80-85. when I got recipe for hate I got a cassette tape called "live hate" which kicked ass, however. it had generator, the answer and I want to conquer the world live IIRC.

--turnipmonster