PDA

View Full Version : 10/20 troubling situation

Magikist
01-27-2005, 03:30 PM
My read on the button here is "loose - hopeless chaser - can semibluff."

How do you like this line?

Party 10/20 6-max

UTG limps, I raise with AJo, button 3-bets, UTG calls, I call.

flop: J 9 7 rainbow
UTG checks, I check, button bets, UTG folds, I call.

turn: 7
check call.

river: brick
check call.

Where would others bet/raise?

Joe826
01-27-2005, 03:39 PM
i think i'd lead this flop, which i actually don't do alot. i don't know how UTG plays but that flop is conducive to alot of limping hands and it wouldn't be bad to face him with two bets if button decides to raise. check/raising isn't as good IMO since it commits UTG to the hand and you also risk getting 3-bet when you can't fold.

another option is the check/check/bet line which would be ok too.

MAxx
01-27-2005, 03:42 PM
well on the flop, i would have chosen btwn leading and 3 betting or c/r.

if for some weird reason i didnt do that, i would probably c/r the turn.

if for some weird reason i have been calling all the way to the river, i may c/r that.

MAxx
01-27-2005, 04:02 PM
i dont see why we wanna play this like a weak ace. not same stepchild.

if you got him reverse dominated or drawing to 2 outs, lets make em pay. let's make him pay for overs too. or draws.

seeing how he reacts to your aggression could be useful. why go to showdown passively here? i dont understand. let's get paid.

ps i dont like your line... if you cant tell

ggbman
01-27-2005, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i dont see why we wanna play this like a weak ace. not same stepchild.

if you got him reverse dominated or drawing to 2 outs, lets make em pay. let's make him pay for overs too. or draws.

seeing how he reacts to your aggression could be useful. why go to showdown passively here? i dont understand. let's get paid.

ps i dont like your line... if you cant tell

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to say something to this extent a little more diplomatically.

MAxx
01-27-2005, 04:48 PM
i prefer tough love.

Zygote
01-27-2005, 05:40 PM
I don't like this line just because i can't rationalize it. Why did you do what you did? What hands did you put him on?

Why would you check the flop? If you were willing to call the one bet you should've led out, unless you were looking to rasie the flop or c/r the turn if a safe card fell.

If he is a hopeless chaser, why aren't you valuebetting/raising your top pair?

If you put him on QQ, KK AA, then you should call down, but he is much more likely to hold something else, so you should be valuebetting, IMO.

Stormwolf
01-27-2005, 06:43 PM
If your using this line the only hope is he has TT/AK, which doest seems all too likely for a passive player.

I know some people are not a fan of raising to see whare you at but I feel that if you check-raise the flop against this type of opponent(Whom your worried about a 3bet) you will get a lots of information.

If he 3bets easy release on the turn. If he calls, then your an tough spot, if you check the turn, since he is passive, he may check behind AK/AQ/All the hands you beat fearing another check-raise, then you know where he is at, and you probably have him reverse dominated, so a free card is not THAT bad.

If he bets you MAY narrow his holdings to overpairs make some sort of laydown and save some money(I'm not sure if you have the odds to draw), depends how passive he is. At least this way you dont invest 2.5BBs with only one hand you can beat and many others you cant, I dont know if he is a 'hopeless chaser' for the way he played this hand just screams overpair to me

lehighguy
01-27-2005, 06:57 PM
You need to raise at some point here. If you get trip raised then you know your beat. If you don't you've got the best hand (probably). Don't let him and his overcards see a free river and then check it through. If he does have a monster at then it costs you the same to call down anyway.

Joe826
01-27-2005, 07:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If he 3bets easy release on the turn. If he calls, then your an tough spot, if you check the turn, since he is passive, he may check behind AK/AQ/All the hands you beat fearing another check-raise, then you know where he is at, and you probably have him reverse dominated, so a free card is not THAT bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

err, if he 3-bets you can't fold and if he just calls then you're happy (unless he raises a blank turn). on second thought on like bet / 3-betting as maxx suggested.

Stormwolf
01-27-2005, 07:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

err, if he 3-bets you can't fold and if he just calls then you're happy (unless he raises a blank turn). on second thought on like bet / 3-betting as maxx suggested.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he 3bets you, there is only two hands you can beat AK or TT(he may not 3bet TT pf and may not r3bet the flop with it) and your behind JJ/QQ/KK/AA, it doest make a lot of sense to lead out and put a third bet when your an underdog to have the best hand.

Leading out could be good if your willing to call a raise and fold on the turn *IF* he is confident that is opponent has an overpair, but if the OP feels that his opponents could be putting a move on him then he just need to call down the whole way

MAxx
01-27-2005, 07:47 PM
i think your range of hands is way too narrow