PDA

View Full Version : OT - Why does it sometimes say "Quote" and other times "In riposte di"

AncientPC
01-27-2005, 01:56 PM
When someone gets quoted, sometimes it says Quote: and other times In riposte di:? I'm doing it from memory so the spelling of the second phrase may be wrong. Anybody else notice this?

Sarge85
01-27-2005, 02:02 PM
I've seen that as well.

Wondered quietly to myself about it...glad someone asked.

Sarge/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Lost Wages
01-27-2005, 02:06 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar på:</font><hr />
When someone gets quoted, sometimes it says Quote: and other times In riposte di:? I'm doing it from memory so the spelling of the second phrase may be wrong. Anybody else notice this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know.

Lost Wages

KingMedicine
01-27-2005, 02:08 PM
depends on the language the responder has the site set in.
all of them mean some form of "in response to" in some language (italian, french, danish, etc.).

mistrpug
01-27-2005, 02:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When someone gets quoted, sometimes it says Quote: and other times In riposte di:?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because you touch yourself at night.

AncientPC
01-27-2005, 02:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know.

Lost Wages

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm assuming Lost Wages has the forums set to English since his location states Houston, TX. Yet his quote stated "Svar på"?

mmbt0ne
01-27-2005, 02:29 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

'En réponse à' is the only true quotation. Et oui, je lis le forum en français.

Adde
01-27-2005, 02:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know.

Lost Wages

[/ QUOTE ]

You swedish son of a b*tch.

Adde

/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Player12345
01-27-2005, 02:54 PM
the location is just what someone types in. the display preferences in "my home" allow changes to default language. then when someone uses the quote feature, this language is displayed. i think daryn set his to another language for a joke. if you do this, you need to know the language or have the forum layout memorized because the interface changes to the new language. so, things like "sent private messages", "i want to preview my post", "submit" and all the other things are in the other language.

mmbt0ne
01-27-2005, 03:20 PM
daryn's is Italian, presumably because he speaks Italian very well from what I understand. Likewise, I keep mine in French because I speak it fairly well, and this is an easy way to make sure that I'm getting some sort of French immersion every day.

DBowling
01-28-2005, 01:58 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In Antwort auf:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

Erprobung

AncientPC
01-28-2005, 02:51 AM
Too bad there are no Asian languages as options. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

mmbt0ne
01-28-2005, 02:55 AM
/images/graemlins/shocked.gif That would be madness. I would definitely have NO idea what was going on then.

dink
01-28-2005, 04:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When someone gets quoted, sometimes it says Quote: and other times In riposte di:?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because you touch yourself at night.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bloody funny,

too bad you can't choose Australian as your language

Dink

Lazymeatball
01-28-2005, 10:01 AM
Basically, you're saying you read alot of daryn's posts, and he uses alot of quotes. I find it a little odd that you never noticed that he was the only one (for the most part) using "in reposta di." Kind of funny, eh, not really.