PDA

View Full Version : Another bothersome hand

Laomedon
01-27-2005, 12:45 PM
Aside from the unnecessary loose call on the flop (When I called the $1 I literally said to myself, "Am I really calling to try and catch a K or a 6?"), what would you do differently in this hand? Villain just sat down a couple hands ago and had played all five hands. Obviously no real read, however he seemed like a typical LAG-ish PP NL25 player.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.5 BB (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP <font color="#A500AF">(Villain)</font> ($19)
Button ($61.3)
SB ($18.4)
Hero ($21.75)
UTG ($32.7)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif. MP <font color="#A500AF">(Villain)</font> posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG folds, MP <font color="#A500AF">(Villain)</font> (poster) checks, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($1.50) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villain bets $1</font>, SB folds, Hero calls $1.

Turn: ($3.50) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villain bets $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $9</font>, Villain calls $6.

River: ($21.50) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villain bets $8.5 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls $8.50.

Final Pot: $38.50

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Kh 6h (two pair, kings and sixes).
Villain has 7h 9d (straight, ten high).
Outcome: Villain wins $38.50. </font>

Kaz The Original
01-27-2005, 12:50 PM
I would probably raise to 12 on the turn, if I got there, which I wouldn't.

xorbie
01-27-2005, 12:58 PM
The problem is that there's a flush draw on the board, which he probably puts you on. He might be trying to represent the A, and bet hard when the K flops in case you were on the nut flush draw.

I have no idea what he's doing calling you on the turn. I personally would have been afraid of the all-in in any case, but you probably had to call.

djoyce003
01-27-2005, 01:25 PM
ugh. Ugly. You've got to call this river, mainly because the pot is big, and he might be betting at you, figuring you'd put him all in and he was planning to call, so maybe he thought he had some fold equity by betting at you. He didn't raise so him having aces up is a possibility here with A8 or A6. Not much you can do here but pay this off. I guess the moral of the story is don't go broke with k6 in an unraised pot, fold the flop and move on is the only way you get away from this.

All that aside, his turn call was absolutely terrible, and i'd put this guy on my buddy list and hammer him relentlessly by making large bets on drawing type boards and let him take really bad odds to hit his hands.