PDA

View Full Version : Vacations

LALDAAS
01-27-2005, 11:23 AM
My GF has been bugging me to on Vaca. I am sorta a work-aholic. The one and only time I have gone away on vacation is back in 2000 when I went to spring break in Daytona Beach when my buddy was going to school there.

One major reason I havent taken a vacation, it just doesnt seem worth it to me. So I go and take a week off just come back and play catch up and be a week behind for 3 weeks after.

The few times I have taken time off has always been a couch vacation. Dont go any where and just get some R&R. Those always seem to be best.

Anyway the girly isnt having it and insist we go away. I guess I have no choice. I have agreed and arranged to take the last week of May off.

My girl wants to go on a curise.
Has any one ever been on one?
What should I look for?

nicky g
01-27-2005, 11:27 AM
A psychiatrist.

Shajen
01-27-2005, 11:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My GF has been bugging me to on Vaca. I am sorta a work-aholic. The one and only time I have gone away on vacation is back in 2000 when I went to spring break in Daytona Beach when my buddy was going to school there.

One major reason I havent taken a vacation, it just doesnt seem worth it to me. So I go and take a week off just come back and play catch up and be a week behind for 3 weeks after.

The few times I have taken time off has always been a couch vacation. Dont go any where and just get some R&R. Those always seem to be best.

Anyway the girly isnt having it and insist we go away. I guess I have no choice. I have agreed and arranged to take the last week of May off.

My girl wants to go on a curise.
Has any one ever been on one?
What should I look for?

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the over/under on him being completely burned out by age 30?

LALDAAS
01-27-2005, 11:50 AM
It's not as bad as it sounds. I do take alot of time off. I just spread it out through the year. I always use all my personal, sick and vacation time. I usally take 3 and 4 day weekends and schduel them around holiday to get the most out of them.

Shajen
01-27-2005, 11:53 AM
Fair enough, but your post made it sound like you'd rather be at work than on vacation.

Fair enough I guess, but that life ain't for me /images/graemlins/grin.gif

nicky g
01-27-2005, 11:55 AM
"Fair enough, but your post made it sound like you'd rather be at work than on vacation."

That's how I read it too. If it's just that you prefer to spread it around than taking it in big chunks, I can see the merits of that. Don't you want to see other places though?

Cruises - poker cruise?

LALDAAS
01-27-2005, 11:59 AM
Nah, I hate woking. Management totally sucks. I wish I knew this before. I would have been just as happy making less as a worker bee.

Even when I take off I have to bring my phone with me. People just can not seem to think for themselves.

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-27-2005, 11:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess it's 30?

LALDAAS
01-27-2005, 12:03 PM
I think my girl would kick my ass if I played poker on our vaca lol. She thinks the only time I am happy is when I am either playing poker or drinkin with my buddies.

Thats why we are going away to do the quality time thing.

BUT...... If there happen to be poker around while she is snoozing... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Shajen
01-27-2005, 01:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess it's 30?

[/ QUOTE ]

NO YOU SHUT UP.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I need more caffeine. Leave me alone you big bully.

jakethebake
01-27-2005, 01:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess it's 30?

[/ QUOTE ]

NO YOU SHUT UP.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I need more caffeine. Leave me alone you big bully.

[/ QUOTE ]
That WAS pretty funny. /images/graemlins/grin.gif