PDA

View Full Version : PRIMA Lobby, I am giving away $50 to a poster in this thread

HavanaBanana
01-27-2005, 11:12 AM
Hi All

I have certain view points on the current lobby in the PRIMA network, and I have also gotten feedback from a few of the players about what they would like to keep/have changed.

What I need from you guys is to let me know how YOU want it and why.

Please vote below, and post reasons for why you want it a particular way.
I am giving $50 to one of the people posting in this thread the next 24 hours, payable to your The Gaming Club Poker account.
Only 1 entry will be counted in the draw per poster.

Thanks Zooers /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ToT

http://www.gamingclubpoker.com/images/software/TGC_lobby.JPG

Lazymeatball
01-27-2005, 11:22 AM
BUMP

Baulucky
01-27-2005, 11:22 AM
Option 2. I want my $50.

on_thg
01-27-2005, 11:23 AM
I voted for the second option -- sorting by game type. I know I'm not the only one who has accidentally entered a limit HE tournament.

One other thing I'd like to see someday is an option to filter out tables with 0 players (or better yet, any user definable number) when sorting -- for example by pot size.

(btw, I play at a different prima skin, so not eligible for the prize.)

Sheriff Fatman
01-27-2005, 11:28 AM
Option 2 for me. Generally I tend to look for a fixed limit game at a particular level (e.g. $5/10) and, at present, you have to sift through the PL and NL games to find them.

I've indavertently sat down at the wrong game more than one, normally due to the screen updating just as I hit the button.

However, I would put the lobby appearance at the top of my list of priorities for TGC. What I really want are real-time hand histories without the 30-60 minute wait.

Sheriff

ipp147
01-27-2005, 11:28 AM
I voted for 2.

While they are at it. It would be great (and Party has the same problem) if when you select to get on a waiting list you can specify 6 max. Even when you select tables of the "same type" it still does not distinguish between FR and 6 max.

VinnyTheFish
01-27-2005, 11:31 AM
I voted for option 3. (* I think maybe 2 was what I really wanted, but 3 sounded right at the time *)

Example: I want to play 2/4 Limit. I have meny times, clicked into the 2/4 NL. I just think there should be ways to see only what you wish to see.

I am so good at expalining things!

Wake up CALL
01-27-2005, 11:32 AM
Option Two got my vote as well.

UMCorona
01-27-2005, 11:32 AM
I chose option 2 also.

TylerD
01-27-2005, 11:33 AM
I don't actually play on GC yet, but my favourite lobby is, dare I say it, Party.

The tree stucture for choice of game is quick and easy to access and the choice of breaking filtering the game further is great as well.

By far the best feature is the My Favourites option that allows you to group the games you play most frequently together.

Party's lobby has its faults (naturally), such as not updating frequently enough but it is certainly the best IMO.

bosoxfan
01-27-2005, 11:36 AM
I also think game type would be good. I hate sitting in no limit ring games and omaha sit and gos by accident because i'm not paying attention.

I Play 2 Ski
01-27-2005, 11:43 AM
Option 2 baybee.

konions
01-27-2005, 11:44 AM
Option 2.

This would prevent idiots like me sitting down at an Omaha SnG when I had never played the game. Of course I won, thereby providing proof positive that all sites are rigged in favour of the fish..............

QuickLearner
01-27-2005, 11:45 AM
Option 2 for me as well. I only play limit games and would welcome seeing just my games on my screen rather rhan having to scroll down to them. It's especially annoying when the tables update and I have to scroll back down to them.

And since we're picking nits, the harlequin borders on super-creepy. Can't we do something about that demonic grin? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

jnalpak
01-27-2005, 11:49 AM
I like Gaming the way is, the fact that i just click on the game i want to play and the denomination i want is very simple and easy.

fluff
01-27-2005, 11:52 AM
For the love of everything that is holy, make it list PL, NL and limit games separately!!

You can also make the bet limits separtely, so that everyone has 3 settings: game (Holdem, Stud, etc), type (NL, PL, Limit), and finally limits. (This is not nearly as important as the first item to me though, so I voted 2).

lemondropmmm
01-27-2005, 12:05 PM
I actually have no problems with it the way it is. If I was TGC I'd put changing this way down on my priorities list. Hand histories, bonus promo updates, etc. are all more important.

However, this front could definitely use some reprogramming in terms of signing up and searching tables. I hate signing up for a 6-seater and ending up at a 10-seater (it doesn't tell you which when offering which seems an incredibly easy fix). And in general waiting list management just seems wonky in terms of bumping people off if they get a table elsewhere and such.

Fix all this before tampering with a front page that works fine for me.

The Lemon

Nick MC
01-27-2005, 12:12 PM
Yes the lobby is not a fully-fledged little birdie just yet. Like a lot of the site really. I voted for "none of the above" because my ideal would be to combine the filter option with the following:

Split the games up by type obviously as in b) but then under Hold Em

1) Get rid of "All" to create some space - who wants to see the whole lot? If they do they can click through the different options. Keep 1on1 and Turbo why not? But for goodness' sake sort out the confusion of PL and NL games with limit ones. The simplest way to do that is to have another tab for PL/NL that's it. But then please also put the 3/6 limit and the 4/8 limit (when that's running) on the same tab as the 2/4. This is secondary though the main thing is to remove the big bet games that make a mockery of the listing. Who is really going to be weighing up a 0.5/1 NL game versus a 2/4 limit one? So why have them on the same tab?

Incidentally the same failure to distinguish between big bet and limit games affects their BRP system. Aa 0.5/1 NL game counts the same as a 0.5/1 limit game even though it is obviously a lot bigger and generates much more rake. I was driven to playing limit games to finish the BRP!

I haven't mentioned Omaha beause the smaller number of games there doesn't cause a significant problem even with the not-fully-thought-out lobby arrangement.

Good idea this post. Let's encourage them to make it more user-friendly. AFter all the mini view is great great great.

Nick

Laomedon
01-27-2005, 12:13 PM
I picked option 2 although I do not have a The Gaming Club account (a situation that can be rectified if I receive 50 bones).

CRF250X
01-27-2005, 12:16 PM
I selected option 3 but option 2 would at least be better than what exists now. Either would make game selection much easier.

CRF250X

CLC
01-27-2005, 12:16 PM
A three tab structure:

1) Game Type (Holdem, Omaha, etc)
2) Game Structure (Limit, NL PL)
3) Stakes/Blinds (50/1.00, 1/2, etc.)

I find it awkward to have to scroll up/down to find available tables at a certain structure because they do not sort together

Also, an option to filter out full tables, only displaying available tables.

lumpy19
01-27-2005, 12:18 PM
I actually like it the way it is and think it's one of the better poker lobbies out there.

La Brujita
01-27-2005, 12:18 PM
I just started playing there and don't really love the lobby. Perhaps it is because I am used to Party.

I don't really need a "my favorites" I just need a quick and esy way to get to the limit games I want. I also hate that when I click the sort button even when I was looking at the limit games it seems I have to scroll up again.

Finally, the one thing that imo really needs to be fixed is the fold call raise buttons are in a different order than pretty much every site.

I think it makes sense in that order for a couple of reasons, most importantly that actions go from weakest to strongest left to right which makes logical sense to me.

BradleyT
01-27-2005, 12:19 PM
Checkboxes for game type (HE, Omaha, Stud)
Checkboxes for limit type (NL, PL, Fixed)
Checkboxes for game limit (1/2, 2/4, 5/10)
Radio button for min number of players.

Each of the checkboxes is a delimiter for the search (study up on your SQL COALESCE statement).

Reef
01-27-2005, 12:22 PM
the "find player" and "promotions and events" buttons should be switched with the smaller "bank" and "menu" buttons. People use the latter much more, IMO.

Mike Haven
01-27-2005, 12:26 PM
genius

a brilliant new twist on how to get away with spam, Hav /images/graemlins/grin.gif

(does this get me into the draw?)

icepick
01-27-2005, 12:40 PM
The way they do it has always annoyed me. I voted 2. Much easier to find the type of game that I want rather than having to scroll through all the types that I don't. Plus, everyone else does it this way, so I guess that I'm used to it.

Played half my bonus there and cashed out. Not worth the trouble.

Rednax
01-27-2005, 12:58 PM
I voted for #2, although I just have to click twice on the Limit column header to bring Fixed Limit games to the top and then I can scroll down to $1/2 games.

But my problem is with the waiting lists. They often seem to fail, and if I actually go to the table I may see an empty seat that I can take. I might return to the Lobby five minutes after I've taken it and I see I'm still on the waiting list. Works sometimes but often not.

pelasuni
01-27-2005, 01:11 PM
Definatley option three. It's annoying if you are looking for e.g. a 2/4 limit game to have to scroll through dozens of other tables. I think Party solved this very nicely with their tree structure. Perhaps a couple checkboxes for game criterias could solve this?

swolfe
01-27-2005, 01:13 PM
having the option to filter by stakes would be good. then you could sort by highest pot or whatever and not have different stakes mixed together.

caseclosed326
01-27-2005, 01:22 PM
I voted for option 2. I think the lobby is the least of their problems though. They really need to get playcheck back up and consistanly working and get some 3/6 4/8 5/10 players on there because there have been many times when there wasnt a single table of any.

Thank you in advance for the $50.
terry

actyper
01-27-2005, 01:38 PM
I voted option 2. The game type heading tabs are perfect, don't change those. I do like to see NL/PL grouped away from limit, just so I don't go into the other by mistake.

Hung
01-27-2005, 01:39 PM
are you working for them? Do you think they'll consider to change it?

Lobby is ok, more important are the tables. Three types of views is nice. But when I use small view there's a lot of space in the middle. They should make the fold, check, bet etc buttons bigger so people can see and click on them faster. It will speed up the game. Multi table players will see it in a blink of an eye when it's their turn to play. Those buttons are way too small. The table is much bigger then most of the other online poker tables. It's a waist of space.

ChrisGSmyth
01-27-2005, 01:49 PM
Option 2 for me

SA Goon
01-27-2005, 01:49 PM
Voted option 1.

Thythe
01-27-2005, 01:50 PM
You probably aren't even thinking about this at all, but I'm going to give unrelated suggestions though they somewhat have to do with the lobby. I just started playing there so if any of these things are already solvable, please let me know:

1) If you sit down at a table, don't remove players from the other waiting lists they were on. All of us multitable, and it sucks to have to go back and put your name in again.

2) When you join a waiting list, don't have the lobby jump back up to the top of the screen. This makes the player have to go find the limit they were joining and is especially annoying if you are joining many waiting lists.

3) I guess I'll address your actual question /images/graemlins/smile.gif I think the lobby should be arranged by game type as it is now. In an actual section, such as hold em, it should be arranged by limit and within a limit separate out the 6 max tables. Putting all of the full tables of every limit at the top makes no sense IMHO.

NoChance
01-27-2005, 01:57 PM
Voted for option 3.

I like how on Party you can add (and remove) certain limits to your favorites. That way you can customize it any way you like.

MikeyObviously
01-27-2005, 02:06 PM
I like the tree navagation of the party skins the best. Also a file menu would be nice, and a good replacement to the bulky, unattractive buttons at the bottom.

CountDuckula
01-27-2005, 03:05 PM
I picked option 3, but in addition, I'd like to have multiple levels of sorting. I.e., I'd like to be able to specify limit Hold 'Em, sorted by stakes, then table size, then players/flop, etc.; that kind of thing. I'd like to be able to pin down the very best table for whatever criteria I choose, and only look at the types of games I want to play.

And while we're dreaming, I'd also like to be able to specify a set of criteria for a table or tournament, and have the system pop up an alert telling me if/when what I want has become available, and asking me whether I want to take a seat. Many times, I settle for a table that isn't quite what I want, and don't want to be distracted searching for something closer to the mark while I'm playing that one. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Mike

Yobz
01-27-2005, 03:08 PM
None of the above: I would love to see my account balance somewhere on the main screen without having to join a game or go to the bank.

Gallopin Gael
01-27-2005, 03:11 PM
I picked option 2.

mc1
01-27-2005, 03:21 PM
I find gthe layout fine, infact I prefer it to the layout ladbrokes have chosen with the same software.

However there are a few other issues that I think need addressing.

A higher refresh rate i.e. SNG often say 0/10 when the tourney has infact already started. Gets quite frustrating, perhaps a refresh button?

More Multi table freezeouts please, it doesnt need many, just enough to reduce the waiting time. Same with certain rounders levels.

Is it not beneficial for the network to ensure that there is at least one of each size/type sng available to join at all times?

tubalkain
01-27-2005, 03:25 PM
I'd like to see a way to just show games of a certain type (ex. 2/4 or 3/6 limit, etc....)

La Brujita
01-27-2005, 03:39 PM
Sorry to mildly hijack this thread but I am at a relative's house playing and The Gaming Club is taking up 99% of cpu usage and I barely can 3 table. It has 256 MB ram which should be fine right? I am thinking of just playing elsewhere unless anyone has any suggestions.

Is the problem on my end?

Thanks in advance.

elric
01-27-2005, 03:43 PM
OPTION #3 baby!

1st. I like the new layout better than the old one

2nd. It would be nice to be able to choose a specific size, i.e. more breakdowns so you can look at the $1/$2 Limit HE tables only and then sort them by Pot size or flop %, etc.

3rd. Definitely seperate the LIMIT and PL/NL. You don't need them interweaved.

4th. After I scroll down and join a waitlist don't move me all the way back up to the top of the list.

5th. After I join a table don't remove me from all the waitlists!

WAR Online Poker!

TY HavanaBanana... Now you can rack me & send me my $50.

pc in NM
01-27-2005, 03:46 PM
Option 2 looks best to me...

Steelers36
01-27-2005, 03:50 PM
I voted option 2. As strictly a limit player I would love to filter out everything else. Otherwise love the software and games.

Steelers36

rerazor
01-27-2005, 04:04 PM
I play on Royal Vegas but I'm sure these are Prima wide problems:

Waiting list - just broken, period.

Tooltip notes in miniview just pop up randomly, it drives me insane. I'll be contemplating a major decision and POOF I have to play whack a mole.

jwp
01-27-2005, 04:15 PM
Option 2. I want the ability to zero in on the games I care about quickest. Listing the NL/PL and Limit games together is not overcomable (OK, that can't really be a word), but it provides more chaff to sift through.

Plus, this allows me to see 2/4 and 3/6 games together which the current filtering system does not unless you say ALL games.

JWP

o0mr_bill0o
01-27-2005, 04:23 PM
option 2... though option 3 would probably be ideal.

jaybird
01-27-2005, 04:23 PM
Voted for #2. I HATE sitting down at a $1/2 table and then realizing it is NL. Keep them seperate.

josie_wales
01-27-2005, 04:24 PM
I voted for none.

Please focus time on fixing wait list issues.

jw

TobDog
01-27-2005, 05:05 PM
Gametype/bet type. No limit buttons, it would be ok if you could omit some, but to select a group of limits usually has many people that would play within 2 of the options, so they will select all, just allow it to sort by clicking on the columns for limit, # of players seated, etc(excel sorting). If you are the feature guy, I would also like to see the bug where I sign up on the waiting list for say 3-6 and notice when the room refreshed, I am not on there anymore. How about adding Stud H/L to the game mix.

TobDog

umdpoker
01-27-2005, 05:49 PM
i would prefer option 2. however, the way it is isn't terrible. i just have to click "stakes" at the top, and then scroll down to the games i am interested in. it starts to get annoying when i get on 6 waitlists at a time, and it brings me all the way back to the top after signing on the waitlist. also,i wish the software didn't automatically remove you from other waitlists once you get through to one table. it really takes a while to get 4 tables going at tgc.

Thythe
01-27-2005, 05:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I voted for none.

Please focus time on fixing wait list issues.

jw

[/ QUOTE ]

100% agree.

B1GF1SHY
01-27-2005, 06:00 PM
How about they make it so it ACTUALLY REFRESHES the lobby! It never refreshes and I constantly look at tables where the table says there are 9 people playing and when I open the window it is 4 handed. I really wish they'd fix the lobby in that way.

UncleDuke
01-27-2005, 06:00 PM
I voted for #3 because being able to see exactly the games you want would be ideal. #2 would be an improvement over what we have now since it's a pain to have the big bet games and the limit games mixed together. Usually, a person is going to be looking for one or the other, not both.

Other stuff on the wish list includes having the lobby update more frequently (sometimes it's way behind on who is actually at a table) and being able to join a wait list when
the table isn't full but the empty seats are all reserved for people on the wait list already.

Player12345
01-27-2005, 06:04 PM
i was wondering the same thing. do you work for them? is this something that may get adopted?

stillbr
01-27-2005, 06:16 PM
I vote 2 i guess....In all honesty a lobby as close to how party does theres would be best. I imagion most people would agree with that

Thythe
01-27-2005, 06:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i was wondering the same thing. do you work for them? is this something that may get adopted?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, he works for them.

HavanaBanana
01-27-2005, 07:02 PM
Fantastic response so far, this will be heard deep into PRIMA headquarters, I guarantee it /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I understand the comments many of you make about other items that can be made better, and believe me I have already pointed many of them out.

Keep it up and vote!
I will be back tomorrow and compile the results and do a drawing.

Best Regards,

ToT

radar5
01-27-2005, 07:29 PM
Option 3- 2 was close

Right now the Lobby does not update the players seeing the flop as the table changes....Fixing that would be nice.

Right now I still cannot download hand histories, fixing that would be great.

At this point if you did change the Lobby I would be scared.
If tech support cannot keep up with fixes now, how do you expect them to impliment changes in the future?

The site is broken in more ways then one; fix that first, then worry about changes.

Graham
01-27-2005, 07:37 PM
None of those. You're looking at the wrong problems.

Make the software speedier and slicker, instead of the creaking, stumbling that goes on when you click to open tables etc. More like Stars speed and less like...errr...Prima.

radar5
01-27-2005, 08:09 PM
opps i meant 4....more caffine please....

guller
01-27-2005, 08:43 PM
option 2 for me, but I can find the games I want now anyway so do whatever.

Now if you can add a button that makes the flop hit my cards everytime, that would be a step in the right direction.

ClaytonN
01-27-2005, 10:02 PM
I happen to like it the way it is, though Prima could offer different color schemes maybe?

fullhouse
01-27-2005, 10:20 PM
I vote for option 2. Realtime handhistories would be nice.

Zoltri
01-27-2005, 10:33 PM
$50 for all these great ideas?
That is a bargain...I think Prima should kick in another $1000 at least. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Ragingg
01-27-2005, 11:00 PM
"Do it by gametype (Hold'em,Omaha,Sit and Go, Multitable etc) then by bet type (NL,PL fixed) and make default sorted by bet limit."

I think this is a good idea.... When I played in the PRIMA networks it always seemed like I saw way more games than I wanted. Plus, whenever the screen refreshes (VERY often) it always scrolls all the way back up and then I lose my game I was just about to click. Damn annoying.

JoshuaD
01-28-2005, 12:04 AM
I selected the 2nd option, which seems to be most popular.

I sure hope you're just selecting a post at random to give that 50$ to, and not basing it off content.

MadMat
01-28-2005, 02:47 AM
Before worrying about the look of it it'd be much more useful to fix the bugs!

Top of the list - exporting hand histories,
Waiting list bugs - both jumping the queue, and taking you off the list once you sit at the first table.
Stats in lobby actually correct and regularly updated would be nice!

Mat

HavanaBanana
01-28-2005, 03:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I sure hope you're just selecting a post at random to give that 50$ to, and not basing it off content.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it will be random (meaning I will not know who wins before it happens), I will count the number of posters, then use the #xxxxxxx number that comes up on my closing the eligibility post divided by number of posters, take the remainder times number of posters and add 1

ToT

HavanaBanana
01-28-2005, 07:35 AM
Just under 4 hours until I will start counting the posts and decide who gets the $50.
I am getting great feedback from PRIMA about this, and the players voice counts, so if you havent voted yet, or if you still have comments to give, please do so!

Thanks,

ToT

gorgeous
01-28-2005, 08:12 AM
Voted for option #2. I pretty much agree with the stuff already said.

Mackas
01-28-2005, 08:23 AM
Anything that means you don't have to wade through different betting structures as well as limits to find a table.

I agree also with one of the other posters in this thread however that this wouldn't be my number one priority in fixing TGC. I think the hand histories are the number one feature in need of fixing. Throw the entire playcheck thing out and set up a workable way fo requesting hand histories (why not liaise with Pokertracker Pat?).

[edited to remove a mention about problems with TGC and NIS 2005 as TGC are now looking into the problem]

Good Luck

Mackas

Baulucky
01-28-2005, 09:39 AM
Do I get the $50 for coming up with the right answer first?. All I care is the $50, really. I can take half day off if I get it. Please credit my account inmediately. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

HavanaBanana
01-28-2005, 01:24 PM
This is the post deciding the winner as per previous rules, good luck all who participated /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ToT

HavanaBanana
01-28-2005, 01:32 PM
Number 26 on my list won, I havent looked yet /images/graemlins/smile.gif

It is alphabetical

here is the winner:

[ QUOTE ]
JoshuaD

[/ QUOTE ]

ToT

JoshuaD
01-28-2005, 02:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
JoshuaD

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/cool.gif. I replied to your PM, thanks!

ryanghall
01-30-2005, 03:36 PM
Here is what I suggest:

Revert to the original lobby where the statistics didn't freeze! Usually after I've been playing for 1/2 hour or so, my lobby stats freeze and don't unfreeze unless I restart the program. I emailed support and they just told me to download some ActiveX controls. That didn't help.

Please do something about this.

ryanghall

chesterp
02-07-2005, 12:34 AM
i like the way it is right now

aLOWdAkING
02-07-2005, 12:40 AM
I voted for Option 2, also. It's frustrating to see NL, PL, and Fixed all clumped together and having to read each type before clicking it to make sure it is Limit. If there was a Fixed tab, it would be much easier to sort the Fixed section by table limits, and from there click on only limits of your interest, say 2/4 for example, knowing it will be Limit and only Limit.

Thanks

BKism
02-08-2005, 04:45 AM
Inaccurate lobby stats make it a difficult site for me to play. I don't like to spend time looking to find a table. Since I have 9 other accounts open, I will play the site with the game I want that is easy to find.

BKism

mike3076
02-08-2005, 05:05 AM
real time lobby updates,sort by game.

HavanaBanana
02-08-2005, 05:35 AM
In a quest for improving the PRIMA software, feel free to also make comments on all other issues that YOU have with PRIMA, the list will be looked at in detail, a task force is in place and they will appreciate your help.

Thanks,

ToT /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Subby
02-08-2005, 10:34 AM
I think you are on the right track with the tabs. It would be nice to be able to have segregation for NL/PL/Limit as well.

I think the biggest problem with TGC is the hand history function. The site itself looks pretty good and I don't really have any problems with the software - but the hand histories - yuck. They need to be stored, in real time, on the player's hard drive - having to wait a period of time for them to update on the site, and then having to manually download them and import them is just completely inefficient.

TGC definitely has promise though...just needs some tweaks.

Gaming Club
02-08-2005, 11:10 AM
We'd also like to add our 2c here and say thanks to everyone for their comments and thoughts. We're on a very big drive to enhance the software in many aspects and your feedback here will definitely help us to do so, especially when we discuss the changes that we (and you) want with Prima.

It's sincerely appreciated and we will endeavor to take careful consideration and thought into what each of you has put down and will do our very best to have as much implemented as possible. Thanks again.

lorinda
02-08-2005, 11:11 AM
We'd also like to add our 2c here

Does that make the prize pool in this thread $50.02?

Lori