PDA

View Full Version : Mid pocket pair, blinds 25/50, how to play it?

1C5
01-27-2005, 11:02 AM
Party $11, this situation has come up a few times and not sure how to play it. As you can see here I simply limped in and then get raised so it cost me 100 chips to see the flop. How would you play this?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t835)
SB (t750)
BB (t685)
UTG (t1793)
MP1 (t1454)
MP2 (t1173)
CO (t1310)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, MP1 calls t50, MP2 folds, CO folds, Hero calls t50, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t100</font>, BB calls t50, MP1 calls t50, Hero calls t50.

Flop: (t400) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t100</font>, BB folds, MP1 folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: t500

schwza
01-27-2005, 11:20 AM
exactly as you did.

rybones
01-27-2005, 11:51 AM
let me start by saying I hate Limping!!! I hate limping with anything in almost any situation except A,A in ep and then I am hoping for a raise from someone in lp. With this in mind some might say my play here is wrong, but you need to start getting some chips soon. my problem with your limp is this, with two limpers and a certain check from the bb it looks to me like the sb is building the pot as he knows everyone will likely call his min raise as they have odds. However he has also made it easy to get away from his hand. You need to raise to 4x from the button. most likely the sb, bb and mp will fold. If they don't then you can easily get away from this hand and still have chips to play with. Additionally, at the $11 level I think mp is limping with A,x; K,x or a small or med pair. If this is true he is also likely to call your bet and miss this flop. If the mp calls your bet and checks to you, you need to bet at this flop.

Alas, these are just my thoughts and any comments would be great.

Ryan