PDA

View Full Version : Top 2 pair on flush board - NL50 6-max hand

Raiser
01-27-2005, 10:56 AM
I don't have the HH, so this is from memory.

Villain is an unknown, but seems like a calling station based on the 5 or so hands I've seen him play.

He has $50 and I have him covered.

I get AQo UTG and raise to $4. Folded to button who calls. Blinds fold.

Flop is Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gifA /images/graemlins/club.gif7 /images/graemlins/club.gif. My Q is not a /images/graemlins/club.gif I bet $8, he calls. Turn is 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif. I bet $16, he min-raises.

How do you guys play in spots like this? Do you just give them credit for the flush? I don't have odds to draw to the boat in this spot. Is this an easy fold?

Thanks in advance.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
01-27-2005, 11:26 AM
This is tough. I would prolly just call him down.

TrailofTears
01-27-2005, 12:34 PM
I make a frustrated fold here. Granted, he only min-raised, but it is enough of his stack that I would expect to see a push on the river and I don't want to call that or give him 16 more and then fold. You don't have the odds to fill up (as you stated) so I would let this one go.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
01-27-2005, 12:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You don't have the odds to fill up...

[/ QUOTE ]

The chance you will fill up PLUS the chance you have the best hand makes this a lot closer to a call.

Kaz The Original
01-27-2005, 12:49 PM
Does everyone bet out on the turn here?

amoeba
01-27-2005, 12:50 PM
if stacks are deep, I check call occasionally against somebody who prefers value betting rivers instead of pushing rivers.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
01-27-2005, 12:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would, unless the villan will bluff on a turn like this too often.

AncientPC
01-27-2005, 12:52 PM
I'd either fold or call hoping to fill up and fold if I don't.

I pretty much auto-bet the turn too.

TrailofTears
01-27-2005, 01:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I definitely bet this turn. If I check, I don't want to get blown off the best hand when I don't know where I stand. If I check, it looks like weakness and makes that bluff too easy. If I bet, that bluff has to come from a big pair (and I'm not talking about cards here.) What would you guys do if the turn club was the Q, giving you two pair on the turn instead of already having two pair? Is this easier to lay down then? Harder?

- ToT

Raiser
01-27-2005, 02:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering this too. Also, if answer is yes, then what is a good amount? I figured my 2/3 of the pot bet was prohibitive enough against him catching another club but didn't necessarily pot commit me. Thoughts?