PDA

View Full Version : So close , but yet so far.

bunky9590
01-27-2005, 10:26 AM
Haven't been playing many MTT lately but have had really good success in the ones I have been playing. 3 final tables out of my last four tournies. including a 4th a third and last night a second.

Couple of hands from the final table.

Blinds are extreme. 2k/4k with some rediculous ante on champs. Turbo speed, fast play is crucial.

Running over blinds from 7 handed with 2 really sort stacks that everyone is trying to wait out.

I have 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in the SB, BB has only 2200 left after posting the BB. (I have 30k) 6 players left. blinds 2k/4k 500 ante. (i think) Folded to me , I push. I figure as long as he doesn't have a pair, I should be no worse than 2:1 to win here with the fact that they are suited and the opportunity to eliminate another player and move up in the $$ is worth it. No?

HU
I have 78k, opponent has 58k.
Blinds 3k/6k with 750 ante.

I have A /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif in the BB.
SB(button) makes it 18k to go. I push. Reasonable?

Results later. Thanks for the input.

I'll get the first MTT win online yet. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

bunky9590
01-27-2005, 01:32 PM
n/m

adanthar
01-27-2005, 01:50 PM
You're getting 11700:4200 (just short of 3:1) with the antes, so yeah, good raise.

bunky9590
01-27-2005, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're getting 11700:4200 (just short of 3:1) with the antes, so yeah, good raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the comment. Glad to see my thinking had some merit.

It did set up one big factor a few hands later.

I had AA in the SB folded to me and I had a stack of like 36k, BB had like 20 after posting the BB, I pushed, he called like a shot.

I didn't have 63s that time and stacked him off. Worked out perfect that time.

Seems like lately I'm the perennial effing brides maid in these tournies. I'll still take the high final table finishes though. I credit my final table SH play to the boat loads of 6 max Ive been laying lately.

How about the AJ all in hand?

Sam T.
01-27-2005, 03:55 PM
Unless he's folding a lot pre-flop, and I have a read that his raise means something, I'll come over the top with worse hands than AJs.

As Sklansky points out, pushing every hand when heads-up is pretty close to +EV.

bunky9590
01-27-2005, 04:12 PM
Glad to see my ring game skills haven't effed up my tourney play.

I pushed, he thought for a while and called w/ A9s.

At least i got the $$ in with him having three outs. Nine flopped and I was crippled. Played well the whole tourney though. The 63s hand was the one I thought may have been controversial, but i couldn't let that money sit in there dead getting almost 3:1. As long as he doesnt have a pair that play is +EV right?

Sam T.
01-27-2005, 04:18 PM
I think so, I mean you can't just hand this guy your chips. And some folks will (wrongly) fold their BB here if they don't realize you're pushing with any two.

In my last final table, I had a huge stack, raised pre-flop on a steal, and had to call an all-in with 79o. Same situation - if I had two live cards, the odds were about 3:1. He has AJs, but I made my str8.

fnord_too
01-27-2005, 04:28 PM
I think both are fine.

I do not like your opponents raise/call of an all in with A9s. I am not a big fan of calling all in with hands like that, I would much rather push straight off if I will call all in or even limp/pushing.

bunky9590
01-27-2005, 06:55 PM
Thanks for the reply. Its the hands like the 63s hand that were the biggest change from limit play. They seem so out of whack and out of left field, but yet are mathematically sound under the microscope.

I got a bunch of flack on that one from the table. I could care less, the right decision was to push. I got wicked lucky and turned the straight.

SCfuji
01-27-2005, 09:43 PM
i try to steal blinds with worse than 36s, but i agree with your thinking. as long as he doesnt have an overpair you shouldn't be in too bad of shape. i guess it is basically a difference between how often he will fold > chances of him having an overpair + being the 2:1 dog when he calls with A-big.

AJs i push. suited or not.