PDA

View Full Version : How did I play this flopped flush?

David04
01-27-2005, 10:25 AM
Ultimate Bet .01/.02 No Limit

Button is at seat 0 with $1.85.
SB is at seat 1 with $1.20.
BB is at seat 2 with $1.96.
GWDM is at seat 3 with $1.63 (sitting out).
UTG is at seat 4 with $2.82.
Hero is at seat 6 with $1.21.
MP1 is at seat 7 with $1.96.
MP2 is at seat 8 with $1.99.
CO is at seat 9 with $2.63.

SB posts the small blind of $.01.
BB posts the big blind of $.02.

Button: -- --
SB: -- --
BB: -- --
UTG: -- --
Hero: K/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif
MP1 : -- --
MP2 : -- --
CO: -- --

Pre-flop:

UTG calls. Hero raises to $.10. MP1
folds. MP2 folds. CO calls. Button
folds. SB folds. BB calls. UTG
folds.

Flop (board: 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif):

BB bets: $.15. Hero calls. CO
folds.

Turn (board: 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif):

BB bets $.30. Hero calls.

River (board: 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif):

BB bets $.30. Hero goes all-in for $.66.
BB calls.

Final Pot:$2.45

BB was a TAG (at .01/.02! They do exist!)

Anyways, how did I play this?

TrailofTears
01-27-2005, 10:41 AM
Looks fine to me. I always am okay when someone else is betting into the nuts and drawing either dead or very thin. Just make sure to get all your money in somewhere along the line with this hand. Nice drag.

- ToT

djoyce003
01-27-2005, 11:03 AM
Couldn't have done it much better. You basically let him bluff off his stack into you, and then finished him off with the river raise that he basically had to call. If he had a little bit of a bigger stack, you would have wanted to throw a raise in on the turn to see if he'd call, and then basically force him to call an all in on the river.

TrailofTears
01-27-2005, 11:35 AM
Just curious as to what part of this hand made you question how you played it?

Kaz The Original
01-27-2005, 12:16 PM
I raise the flop. If he has a set, two pair, or smaller flush, he will fold if a fourth flush card comes AND you will bust if the board pairs once.

David04
01-27-2005, 12:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just curious as to what part of this hand made you question how you played it?

[/ QUOTE ]
Basically I was wondering if I should have raised at some point.

Kaz-I considered raising the flop but I didn't want to scare anyone away(CO still had to act, and I was hoping he would call, but didn't think he would call a raise)

Anyways, BB mucked 99. I guess if the board had paired, this post would have been named something more like "Flopped nut flush, can I let this go?" /images/graemlins/grin.gif