PDA

View Full Version : TwoShedsJackson vs. Laggy table captain.

zephed56
01-27-2005, 09:02 AM
<font color="green">I'm reviewing some of TwoShedsJackson's 1/2 6-max HH's

I have a question about opponent specific play here.

Our villain is a 70% vpip 3.0 agg factor table captain.

He's taking down a ton of flops when he's checked to, and raises when he's bet into on the flop much of the time. He's gotten several opponents to lay down their hands after being raised. He gets out of line fairly often.
</font>
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif. UTG posts a blind of $1.
UTG (poster) checks, MP calls, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, MP checks.

Turn: (2 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, SB folds, Hero folds.

<font color="green">It's hard to play this hand from here. If you check the turn and call a MP bet, you still don't know what UTG is going to do.

If it were heads up against the lag, and you thought there was a very good chance he'd bet the turn, I'd call him down. But in this situation, if you take a passive line and get a second caller, yer screwed. Bet turn, good.

After his raise, if you want to see a showdown, you have to invest 2BB's to win 6BB's (5BB pot + his river bet, am I doing this right?). That means if you think you are ahead here &gt; 25% of the time, a calldown is +EV?
</font>
----------------------------------------------------------

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, MP calls, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, SB folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 2 BB

<font color="green">I'd assume you have more than 4 outs here against this opponent. I don't know if I'd call here with a small pot, but you should give yourself more outs against this opponent in general. A bet could mean anything from him.</font>

zephed56
01-28-2005, 04:04 AM
Looks good then? &lt;/bump&gt;

Alobar
01-28-2005, 04:23 AM
Hand 1: when some guy who always bets flops suddenly checks an A high flop closing the action, and then raises the turn, I fold, because most of the time they have at least an A, more likely 2 pair or better, and they think they are making some super smart pro play.

Hand 2: I bet. If its very likely he'll raise my bet, then I just check/fold and pick a better hand/spot to punish the guy with