PDA

View Full Version : My expedition to NL50 6 max. has officially failed (low content)

vanHelsing
01-27-2005, 07:14 AM
I played .05/1 for a week now at Party and it doesn't seem like i can play very profitable there:

http://img193.exs.cx/img193/6992/screenhunter0034oc.jpg

I'll drop back to NL25 now, where my style worked much better. Maybe I'll take some more small stabs, when I spot monsterfish at a higher level.

Why did I fail? I can't tell precisely. Key situations were TPTK, where people were much more inclined to call a potsized bet on flop with a holding like MP, but then again as well could possibly hold a slowplayed monster. Frequently I had no clue what I was up against and with the shallow stacks I touched the felt more often than I liked it. If I showed weekness people were clever enough to bully me off my hand.
That sounds like a goldmine, but I just wasn't able to extract as much nuggets as I would liked to have.

Excuse this weepy post, just had to share the experience and would welcome any suggestions of people who had problems too, first time moving up to NL50 6max.

When I startet NL25, I first played full ring, then 6 max. Would it make any sense to try to beat NL50 ring first before playing NL50 6 max.

BTW, does any of the better players (who destroys NL50 6max)offer a coaching, like having a look to a couple of 100 hands I played. Of course I would pay a reasonable amount.

fimbulwinter
01-27-2005, 07:25 AM
If you have "theory of poker" read the section about inducing and stopping bluffs. those two actions are paramount to making money in the games above 25NL, especially at 100 and 200NL.

if you don't have ToP, then go buy it now.

PM me some hands and I'll look 'em over if you'd like. No fees necessary, likewise, no guarantees.

fim

vanHelsing
01-27-2005, 07:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you have "theory of poker" read the section about inducing and stopping bluffs. those two actions are paramount to making money in the games above 25NL, especially at 100 and 200NL.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have it and I am just rereading it (First time read was in th 90's). Haven't got to the bluff section yet. I'll have to hurry up.

[ QUOTE ]
PM me some hands and I'll look 'em over if you'd like. No fees necessary, likewise, no guarantees.

[/ QUOTE ]
wow, you can bet I will /images/graemlins/smile.gif

PS: just reading your NL25 post, so helpful lines, plain excellent!

Sephus
01-27-2005, 07:51 AM
just wanted to say that you could very easily have an expectation of 5+BB/100 and only win 2BB/100 over 7k hands.

vanHelsing
01-27-2005, 08:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
just wanted to say that you could very easily have an expectation of 5+BB/100 and only win 2BB/100 over 7k hands.

[/ QUOTE ]
thanks, yes, but I might as well be a losing player.
When you start to feel uncomfortable at a certain level, something has to be changed, I guess.
This is not the end of the world, good money can also be made at NL25 and I am sure I'll be back in the bullring soon /images/graemlins/smirk.gif