PDA

View Full Version : Non nut flush in the SB facing all in from BB

DBowling
01-27-2005, 03:52 AM
No reads on villian really. My thoughts on this hand were that villian is BB, i believe he has a flush, but is his flush bigger than mine? He has two random cards, so it could be a baby flush or the nut flush. I think card distrubution says his hand will be lowering ranking more often than higher. However i think he is more likely to raise with a higher ranking flush than a lower one. I think its close, comments/opinions?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

Button ($15)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($60.6)</font>
<font color="#C00000">BB ($46.9)</font>
UTG ($43.35)
MP ($76.3)
CO ($78.6)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Hero posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG folds, MP calls $1, CO folds, Button calls $1, Hero (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($4) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $1</font>, Hero calls $1, BB calls $1, MP folds.

Turn: ($7) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $15</font>, BB calls $44.90 (All-In), Button folds, Hero ...

soah
01-27-2005, 03:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
However i think he is more likely to raise with a higher ranking flush than a lower one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? The baby flushes are much more vulnerable.

I don't see how you can fold this getting more than 2:1 though.

TheWorstPlayer
01-27-2005, 04:46 AM
Easy call. Could be 3x5x or A/images/graemlins/diamond.gifx or 22 or whatever.

AncientPC
01-27-2005, 04:51 AM
I fold. He bets since he has a flush draw but doesn't want to scare anyone away, your reraise tells him you have a flush too (or at least bluffing one) but apparently he's willing to go to the felt with his. If you had the K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif it's an instant call for me, but not with a J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif high flush.

PoBoy321
01-27-2005, 05:16 AM
Personally, I lead this flop, maybe check/raise since there are a few limpers and it's only $1 back to you. 2 overs with a flush draw on a ragged flop and you're likely to take it down right there. If you don't take it down, of course, you still have 15 outs to make top pair or a flush.

Personally, I feel that you're probably ahead here. Villain likely has the flush, but 2 random diamonds, as opposed to Ax/images/graemlins/diamond.gif that he would probably play out of the blinds. Without a raise from him, you can probably rule out AKs or AQs, probably even KQs since you're playing 6 handed.

I call this bet, and take it down most of the time. Usually from trash like 83/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, but if you run into a higher flush, I just see it as the type of thing you have to pay off.

DBowling
01-27-2005, 06:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why? The baby flushes are much more vulnerable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point, but i normally dont give a random party player credit for this type of thinking.

DBowling
01-27-2005, 06:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Easy call. Could be 3x5x or A/images/graemlins/diamond.gifx or 22 or whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt consider 35 or a semibluff with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gifx, espeially if the x was 9. I did briefly consider a set or two pair, but i would be surprised to see a villian check REraise with two pair. I could see him doing this with 35 or A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 or a turned set. But like you said, it could be whatever really.

DBowling
01-27-2005, 06:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I fold. He bets since he has a flush draw but doesn't want to scare anyone away, your reraise tells him you have a flush too (or at least bluffing one) but apparently he's willing to go to the felt with his.

[/ QUOTE ]
Im confused by the first part of your response. What do you mean he bets because he has a flush draw? Main villian never lead with a bet, he only reraised the turn, after minor villian bet and i check raised.

DBowling
01-27-2005, 07:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I lead this flop, maybe check/raise since there are a few limpers and it's only $1 back to you. 2 overs with a flush draw on a ragged flop and you're likely to take it down right there. If you don't take it down, of course, you still have 15 outs to make top pair or a flush.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is an option, though i am generally very tight/passive post flop out of position. If im on the button here, im definatly raising/betting, but meh. Id also be more aggressive if i had the nut flush. But i didnt, so i was passive.

[ QUOTE ]
Without a raise from him, you can probably rule out AKs or AQs, probably even KQs since you're playing 6 handed.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was also thinking that some of the nut flush combinations were unlikely because of the lack of raise preflop.

DBowling
01-27-2005, 06:03 PM
Hero calls
Villian has K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Oh well. I felt good about my call at the time, getting 2:1 i figured ive gotta be good at least 1 in 3. Afterward, i started doubting my call, but (most of) you guys agree with me, so i feel better.