PDA

View Full Version : Various opponents PT stats and how to use them

Mizzles
01-27-2005, 03:41 AM
Posted this in the software section also.

Which poker tracker stats do you find most useful when playing against others? Here are some of the ones I use and how I utilize them.

VPIP: this is obvious. Anything over 30 is too high. These guys are calling with junk, they could have anything. Anything less than 17% is pretty tight. At least from early positions, you can pretty much put them on premium hands only.

PFR%: 11% or higher is too high. They are usually raising with any ace. Conversely, if a PFR% of 18 just calls preflop, they usually DON’T have an ace.

Aggression: Are you using these according to various streets or just using an overall aggression factor? When multi-tabling I find little time to actually check aggression for various streets, I usually use the overall post flop aggression. If someone with a low aggression is raising, watch out! How else do you guys utilize this?

Anyone effectively using the fold to river% stat? You really need a lot of data on any individual to have any effective river stats.

Wins if bets/raises river – will help you determine if their river bets are solid or not. Do you prefer to use aggression factor on river or this stat to try and guage how strong their hand might be?

What other stats are you using and how? Any find the check raise % useful? It seems to me everyone’s numbers are all pretty close so I don’t use this too much. I wish there was a stat “wins showdown when check-raises turn %” would help you determine if they are check raising only with the nuts.