PDA

View Full Version : Anyone like this AA line $100 6 max party

warlockjd
01-27-2005, 03:27 AM
Villain is at least decent and aggressive

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB ($25.55)
UTG ($45)
MP <font color="#A500AF">(Villain)</font> ($300.2)
Button ($266.9)
Hero ($213.3)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif. Hero posts a blind of $1.
UTG folds, MP <font color="#A500AF">(Villain)</font> calls $2, Button calls $2, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises to $9</font>, BB calls $8, MP <font color="#A500AF">(Villain)</font> calls $8, Button folds.

Flop: ($32) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villain bets $30</font>, Hero calls $30, BB folds.

Turn: ($92) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villain bets $60</font>, Hero Raises all in; Villain folds.

Final Pot: $152

AncientPC
01-27-2005, 04:56 AM
I do this sometimes to mix it up a little, I don't see anything wrong with it.

fimbulwinter
01-27-2005, 07:20 AM
you missed value here. he limp/called in MP. Most likely a PP, SC or big offsuits. no great draws out there and your turn bet makes it easy for him to get away from anything but a set/AJ/T8/QQ/KK. most of those hands are very unlikely as a set would probably check the (drawless) flop to let you catch up, AJ, QQ or KK would have raised PF from a good player and T8 already has you nuked. so the most likely hands for him here are cards like AK, AQ, 88 or 9T. notice a pot sized bet gives none of these hands odds to draw, and he's making po sized bets, so he's either making you good EV or making you massive EV by betting while drawing dead. point is it's a crime to fold him out here, and your push makes his choice VERY easy. Plus you miss the chance to value bet the river against a smaller pair.

play aces fast when the circumstances warrant it. if we could only all get drawless rainbow boards every time we had AA...

fim

warlockjd
01-27-2005, 07:26 AM
Thanks, this is exactly the type of analyses I am looking for.

fuzzylogic
01-27-2005, 07:34 AM
Hi,

pre-flop: I'd prefer a bit larger raise ,maybe 10$-12$ after 2 limpers since you are out of position.

I don't like that much your turn all-in check-raise. That isn't draw heavy board so I don't see why did you want to chase him out. I don't think he would call your bet with worse hand. He would have called only if he had you beaten. I think he had some pp or perhaps something like JT-89-76 and he put you on overcards. I think you could have call his turn bet and then let him fire again on the river or then you could have made yourself a value bet on the river, no matter what card falls on the river. However, if he would put you all-in on the river I'd probably throw up and call him down.

Laters,
FuzzyLogic

Chris Daddy Cool
01-27-2005, 08:20 AM
your turn c/r isn't all that hot, you're usually only going to get called by a hand that beats you. i'd call this turn bet and put in a value bet on the river.

TrailofTears
01-27-2005, 09:26 AM
I like the flop play as it is a great board for you. You gave him a chance to bluff at it and he did. I don't like the turn C/R for the simple fact that you will only get called by a better hand. Call this bet and then lead the river if it isn't a scare card. Well, lead it anyway for a blocking bet/value bet. I just think you are either way ahead on the turn or way behind and the push won't net you any more money, but it will cost you if he hit his set. Good sized win, though, and I would love to make this kind of money on my aces.

- ToT