PDA

View Full Version : 15 Party is the Best!

amerksmann22
01-27-2005, 01:38 AM
Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB is a complete maniac and makes the CAP preflop easy.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (24.66 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, Button folds, BB folds, UTG folds.

I was in shock and had to post this hand!

Final Pot: 12.83 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
No showdown. Hero wins 12.83 BB. </font>

CardSharpCook
01-27-2005, 01:44 AM
my, o my, aren't you lucky. Capping with garbage, creating a pot that any pair can't walk away from and then getting a flop like that - AND of the 12 cards still in the hand, not a single ten. I hope to play with you soon - you're the kind of player that makes Party 15 pay.

CSC

amerksmann22
01-27-2005, 01:48 AM
Thanks buddy

CardSharpCook
01-27-2005, 01:56 AM
Ok, you want the other response?

Great job, man! Just goes to show that being aggressive pays!!!

Look, it worked out for you in this situation, but I have to believe that this is a losing play for the reasons I gave. You are six-handed, and you have a created a HUGE pot. That is very hard to walk away from if you have ANY piece of the board. Hell, even AK could call you down. AJ is not strong enough to merit capping 6-handed. While you may well have the best hand PF, chances are, 6-handed, you won't AF. Remember, 6-handed, a single pair rarely wins. Also, remeber that your nut flush draw hits only 6% of the time.

CSC

SinCityGuy
01-27-2005, 03:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
AJ is not strong enough to merit capping 6-handed.

[/ QUOTE ]

AJs is a strong enough hand to cap in an internet 6-handed pot. If you don't understand why, pick up a copy of SSH.

In fact, the biggest pot I ever won online was by doing so.

2000Flushes
01-27-2005, 06:23 AM
Rochester,NY huh.

I lived in Pittsford years ago, crazy small world.

Chris Daddy Cool
01-27-2005, 08:24 AM
if you read the description of the preflop 3-bettor (BB) as a complete maniac this cap is very easy.

zokbarjazz
01-27-2005, 11:00 AM
I grew up in Mendon.

Turning Stone Pro
01-27-2005, 01:07 PM
I live in Victor.

This is an easy cap IMO.

TSP

IndieMatty
01-27-2005, 01:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Great job, man! Just goes to show that being aggressive pays!!!

Look, it worked out for you in this situation, but I have to believe that this is a losing play for the reasons I gave. You are six-handed, and you have a created a HUGE pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's close to closing the action, he has a good drawing hand, and a ton of people in the pot. It's already 3 bet to him, why not trap all the other people who cold called with axs, ax, suited connectors KQ KJ, etc for one more bet.

Capping here is not A bad a play.