PDA

View Full Version : how's my play?

TheIrishThug
01-27-2005, 01:36 AM
ok here is a hand that i was lucky enough to get, it is imediate what the out come will be. i did get the best outcome possible, but is there anything that u would have done differently?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero ($9.65)
Button ($11.70)
SB ($9.35)
BB ($3.95)
UTG ($10.35)
MP ($20.35)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, MP calls $0.10, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.5</font>, Button calls $0.50, SB folds, BB folds, MP calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.65) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $0.5</font>, MP folds, Hero calls $0.50.

Turn: ($2.65) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $0.6</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $3.4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $8.65</font>, Button calls $5.25.

River: ($19.95) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: $19.95

Button's hand in white:
<font color="white"> 6c 6h</font>

PoBoy321
01-27-2005, 01:44 AM
Honestly, there's really nothing else you can do. The problem with getting such a strong hand like this is that unless someone has a very strong hand as well, it's difficult to get paid off. It's surprising that you got paid off by 66 here, but I actually like your turn raise. He's either got something he likes or he doesn't, so unless he's a crazy LAG, I might have just let him bet into me, but it seems like he's playing his 66 conservatively, so you have to raise and you'll either get paid off, or you won't.

TheIrishThug
01-27-2005, 02:10 AM
i was really surprised to see what his hand ended up being. i wasn't really thinking about what he could have had as i was playing the hand (which is a major problem). i would have thought i would have been up against an A or a high pocket pair. AA would have made his calls and betting understandable, but he probly would have reraised the flop and let me know he really liked his hand.

TheWorstPlayer
01-27-2005, 02:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
but it seems like he's playing his 66 conservatively

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

kurto
01-27-2005, 12:38 PM
Wow. That's fun. You're lucky the turn and river weren't reversed. If that ace hit on the turn, he would have been out.

I'm really surprised he re-reraised you on the turn. On the flop, I could see where he might think you had AK but didn't hit. Though he has to at least consider that you also had a pocket pair and were concerned if anyone held a queen.

When you tripled his turn-bet, I can't believe he was still certain his 6s were good.

The only thing that dampers your joy when someone's betting into your nut hand is that your stacks aren't 10x bigger!