PDA

View Full Version : "I just wanted to see what you had."

TStoneMBD
01-27-2005, 01:07 AM
Ok, i dont know what to make of this hand i played. lately ive been catching myself making some FPS, chip-spewing moves, in an attempt to elevate my game. ive been trying to make a conscience effort to tone down the FPS manuevers lately. overall i think i played the hand pretty terribly, obviously, but interesting nonetheless.

BB is a pretty tight passive player, who defends his blinds against me nearly always. i cant bet the river because he likes to use the inducebluff line against me, which has been doing very well for him at my expense. his checkraise either means he has the 7, a 2 or the FD. i limped in with this garbage preflop because MP's VPIP rate is 100%, and is absolutely terrible postflop. i see small blind is about to fold so there is no reason for me to raise. on to the hand!

Hero is button with J8o

MP limps, Hero limps, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: 2d7d2c (3players)

BB checks, MP checks, Hero bets, BB raises, MP folds, Hero calls.

Turn: 9s

BB bets, Hero calls

River: 5s

BB checks, Hero checks.

BB shows 3d4d for busted flush draw.

I laugh at the irony and flip up my J8o with a flustered expression on my face.

BB says, "I guess all I needed to do was bet huh? What was that all about?"

"I just wanted to see what you had."

Steve Giufre
01-27-2005, 01:14 AM
Wow strange hand. Whats your logic behind the turn call? Unless you are planning on raising any river or betting when checked to it makes zero sense to me. I think you either need to fold the flop or call his bet and raise the turn then check river if you want to play it hard.

na4bart
01-27-2005, 01:16 AM
Hell, if you are going to play the hand -- raise! Don't let the blinds have a free shot. Besides, if you keep the lead you may subsequently be able to steal the pot if you miss.

BarronVangorToth
01-27-2005, 01:19 AM
The only thing more savage would've been if you called him on the river if he bet.

Funny hand, dude. I don't know what you were thinking, but it made me laugh, so props for that.

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com (http://www.BarronVangorToth.com)

CardSharpCook
01-27-2005, 01:30 AM
very strange. Calling the turn I give you 10 outs. But that's against a normal player. Why couldn't you just fold?

CSC