PDA

View Full Version : *Almost* a fight!

Russ McGinley
01-27-2005, 12:14 AM
Being a 26 year old and not a guy who goes out to bars much anymore, I don't get into any fights. The closest I've been to a fight was several weeks ago at my apt. where a black guy wanted to fight a white guy for calling him a n-gger. I wasn't involved at all and didn't know the people. The last actual fight I was in was about 3 years ago but I wasn't involved much in it, as it was my friend fighting some other guy. Last fight I was actually a main participant in was probably at least 10 years ago.

So anyway, I play tennis with a group of people, and this one guy, an Arab guy, I can't stand. We have several Arab/Indian guys on the team and they are all fine to get along with, but this guy is just an idiot. He gets into arguments with people over his bad calls almost every time he plays, and we don't necessarily get along very well. He sometimes mumbles things about me and apparently didn't know that sound travels, and that standing only about 15 feet away, I can hear them. I never really said anything straight up to him, but I have been able to put him on tilt, if you will, by saying some things during a set.

So tonight, we are playing. There are 5 of us out there, one guy went to his car to do something, and 4 of us are playing doubles. I hit a great shot down the line past him on the dead run. Ball splits the line in half, yet he calls it out. I said "No, that was in. 40-0".

No way was I allowing him to call a shot like that out. Then he says "<font color="black">FU</font>CK YOU ITS MY CALL!"

Well that's not going to work. I immediately said "What'd you just say?" and he said "I said it was out!"

I don't think so. I dropped my racquet and went up to him. I repeatedly said "Say it to my face" with some motherfuc<font color="black">kers</font> and such mixed in. He just kept saying "It was out!" over and over again, looking real scared. I kept trying to get him to say "fu<font color="black">ck you"</font> to my face again, but he looked pretty close to pissing in his pants.

So, now the fun starts. He puts his hand in my face, continually spouting "It was out!", and I had enough. I was actually thinking about what kind of action I would take, and in my head I debated punching him, shoving him, or throwing him down. I felt punching him wasn't needed yet, shoving him was useless, so I decided to throw him down. I gave him a basic takedown that you can see on Cops every week basically.

Now this is the funny part. He gets up and immediately runs towards his bag. I thought (and the other guys did too) that he was going for a gun or some kind of weapon. I first thought he was going to my grab my racquet and break it, so I walked over to the side and then saw him go to his bag. But instead, he pulls out his cell phone and DIALS 911! I couldn't believe my eyes. I said "What, are you calling the cops?!?!" and before he could say anything coherent, he was on the line with an operator, and this is what he said:

"Yes, hello, my name is blah blah blah, I am being punched and attacked."

Nobody could believe that this was actually happening. I was laughing. I never thought that I'd get into a fight with a "MAN", and after getting thrown to the ground, this "MAN" would get up and CALL THE POLICE!

Ok, so after I get it through my head that a "man" would EVER think to call the police after getting thrown to the ground, we start arguing. I thought about just leaving, but I decided not to. The other guys were basically laughing that someone would call the cops. He started spouting off that he had a concussion and a broken hand, although he didn't hit his head and nobody could see anything wrong with his hand. I could see where this was going once the cops showed up.

So we very nearly left, but the cops rolled in just as we were about to leave. He gave his story of me being this maniac who abuses everyone out there (although he failed to name a single person who I abused nor could he recall anyone ever complaining about me, odd), and did a little embellishing on what happened while I stood there and just laughed. The cops didn't seem to buy it, and I basically told them the truth, he said what he said, I threw him to the ground, he called the cops.

So the cops just kinda laughed off the whole incident, with the main cop saying "You know, when I got in fights, we never called the police." They weren't interested in taking me to jail or anything, but this guy was babbling all about how upset he was, how I was going to pay all his medical bills, blah blah blah. That went over well.

So my question to you is this. Most of the people on this board are young males, so do ANY OF YOU, if someone gets into an argument with you and throws you to the ground, do you even contemplate calling the friggin' police? I'm talking about a 1-on-1 confrontation. I've never seen it and I never thought I would see a "man" do something like that.

ThaSaltCracka
01-27-2005, 12:17 AM
I would not call the cops.

BreakEvenPlayer
01-27-2005, 12:20 AM
Never heard of such a thing. You need to find new tennis buddies.

Funny story though.

SmileyEH
01-27-2005, 12:21 AM
I'd punch myself in the face, then call the cops--only if the guy was a real prick though.

-SmileyEH

nothumb
At my job there are strict rules about how one can restrain a child. One of them is that it's never punitive, only to prevent them from doing harm to themselves or others. Another is that you need two people to do a restraint.

I got into an ugly confrontation with a kid while doing room checks a few weeks back. He came at me as if to hit me, paused when I didn't budge, said, "What are you gonna do, bitch," etc. I told him that if he laid a finger on me I was gonna slam his ass, lock him in his room, and call the cops. I'm not losing my job over a fight with some kid, and this guy was so out of line and management refused to address it that it would be the only recourse I had.

He backed down so it wasn't an issue, but I probably would have filed charges.

NT

Vince Young
[ QUOTE ]
"I said it was out!"

I don't think so. I dropped my racquet and went up to him. I repeatedly said "Say it to my face"

[/ QUOTE ]
Hilarious.

BottlesOf
01-27-2005, 12:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Being a 26 year old and not a guy who goes out to bars much anymore,

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't get passed this. Does this mean I only have 4 more years to live?

ThaSaltCracka
01-27-2005, 12:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Being a 26 year old and not a guy who goes out to bars much anymore,

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't get passed this. Does this mean I only have 4 more years to live?

[/ QUOTE ]yes, then you spontaneously combust.

Greenthumb
01-27-2005, 12:26 AM
ive had my nose broken from a headbutt, and me and my frinends have [censored] some people up pretty good for doing some [censored] up [censored] personally. the only time the police were involved was because we stepped in the fron door of this kids house, and my buddy threw him through his own window, cutting him with glass and [censored]. so that time we got charged with breaking and entering, and assault, but besides that cops never should get involved with these things.

ricochet420
01-27-2005, 12:27 AM
I don't think I woulda called the cops even if he did pull out a gun. I'd just beat him real hard with it.

But no, I would NOT call the cops. I hate that shite. So many Puzzies!!!!!!!

jakethebake
01-27-2005, 12:30 AM
sounds like a typical tennis player to me.

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-27-2005, 12:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. I think people are forgetting where this took place.

Diplomatdcm
01-27-2005, 12:41 AM
Never, however, i might get have a gun in the bag.

jakethebake
01-27-2005, 12:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Never, however, i might get have a gun in the bag.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably not many gang bangers on tennis teams.

HDPM
01-27-2005, 01:01 AM
You need to quit tennis for a while and get some therapy. If this was at a club you should be banned for good there. If it was a public court you are lucky the guy went for a phone and not a weapon. You were totally out of line.

Diplomatdcm
01-27-2005, 01:02 AM
LMAO.

andyfox
01-27-2005, 01:05 AM
To be expected from somebody who writes, "anyway, I play tennis with a group of people, and this one guy, an Arab guy, I can't stand. We have several Arab/Indian guys on the team and they are all fine to get along with . . ."

SuitedSixes
01-27-2005, 01:33 AM
That reminds me one time at figure skating camp.

Brian
01-27-2005, 01:37 AM
If someone threw me to the ground when I had neither threatened physical violence upon them nor attempted to harm them in any way, I would do something. In the heat of the moment, it may have been to call the cops if I felt I was in danger. Or I may file a restraining order against the person later. Or I may turn around and brawl with the guy and regret it later. But I wouldn't have taken it lightly.

Of course, we weren't there and didn't see the actual situation. He may have way over-reacted. But from the way you are describing it, I think his actions were reasonable. Sure, he may have been completely in the wrong about the call, but that doesn't give you any right to shove the guy to the ground.

-Brian

[EDIT]: What do you think the "manly" thing to do is? Would you have preferred if he got up and lunged at you and you guys got in a serious fight over a tennis game? Or is the manly thing to do to shrug it off and let some guy shove you around? Just curious what the "manly" thing to do is.

pshreck
01-27-2005, 01:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The closest I've been to a fight was several weeks ago at my apt. where a black guy wanted to fight a white guy for calling him a n-gger. I wasn't involved at all and didn't know the people.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you have people at your apartment that you don't know? If I may ask, were you going to side with the white guy?

You seem like you might have some slight race issues (like the kind of person who refers to non-caucasians as either 'good ones' or 'bad ones').

It is pretty ridiculous to justify fighting because someone said F you. In all fairness to this guy, maybe he called the cops because he didnt't want to be 'an arab fighting a white guy' in the US at this time. In your post you also seem to have to repeatedly say this guy was afraid of you, and you are mocking his status as a man. Really seems like deeper anger issues. So the guy that told you to get therapy, I second that.

Riskwise
01-27-2005, 01:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You need to quit tennis for a while and get some therapy. If this was at a club you should be banned for good there. If it was a public court you are lucky the guy went for a phone and not a weapon. You were totally out of line.

[/ QUOTE ]

its odd how far i go to see it the 2+2'ers way, at first is was completely on his side, but after you brought it up, i agree, he was out of line, but now WAY out of line if they guy is a total douche. I think the degree to which he was out of line depends on the others in the group. How they feel about him. If they dont mind him then it might be more you than him.

daryn
01-27-2005, 01:54 AM
fights are for high school age and under.

Riskwise
01-27-2005, 01:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The closest I've been to a fight was several weeks ago at my apt. where a black guy wanted to fight a white guy for calling him a n-gger. I wasn't involved at all and didn't know the people.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you have people at your apartment that you don't know? If I may ask, were you going to side with the white guy?

You seem like you might have some slight race issues (like the kind of person who refers to non-caucasians as either 'good ones' or 'bad ones').

It is pretty ridiculous to justify fighting because someone said F you. In all fairness to this guy, maybe he called the cops because he didnt't want to be 'an arab fighting a white guy' in the US at this time. In your post you also seem to have to repeatedly say this guy was afraid of you, and you are mocking his status as a man. Really seems like deeper anger issues. So the guy that told you to get therapy, I second that.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=exchange&amp;Number=1609793&amp;Fo rum=All_Forums&amp;Words=&amp;Searchpage=0&amp;Limit=25&amp;Main=1 576981&amp;Search=true&amp;where=bodysub&amp;Name=18859&amp;datera nge=1&amp;newerval=1&amp;newertype=w&amp;olderval=&amp;oldertype=&amp; bodyprev=#Post1609793

shut the [censored] up. it very well could have been the other way around. that the arab is racist so he called it out. who knows maybe he discriminates against good tennis players. it could be anything. I think you have a deeper issue pshreck. you need to come out of your corner, hiding from things that might deem you a "racist".

Riskwise
01-27-2005, 01:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
fights are for high school age and under.

[/ QUOTE ]

and intoxicated adults

daryn
01-27-2005, 02:04 AM
man fix your damn link dumbass.

Jman28
01-27-2005, 02:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
and this one guy, an Arab guy,

[/ QUOTE ]

Look, even though you went on to explain that you are fine with other Arab guys, this part was totally uneccesary and irrelevant to the story. I understand that you probably don't have any bad intent behind a comment like this, and it's just your way of recounting the event, but it makes minorities feel attacked, and offends all types of people.

I think you were out of line to resort to violence, and that calling the cops on you was rediculous unless he had some reason to believe you were going to beat him real badly-like hospital bad.

I also think that I use a lot of commas and have many run-on sentences.

Also, I can't spell.

-Jman28

Sponger15SB
01-27-2005, 02:28 AM
The closest I ever came to being in a fight was last
summer when me and all my friends were at a party and
everyone was putting their beer in the fridge that they
brought. Well this one dumbass got all his stolen, so of
course the first people he accuses are my two girl
friends who weigh mayyyybe 110 lbs each.

And he just goes off like a [censored] nutcase over and
over and then goes over to his friends and starts
talking [censored] about them. Obviously I'm not the hugest
guy but neither was this little kid (he is like 2 years
younger than me), so I go up to him and tell him to stop
being such a [censored] retard because we've got plenty of
our beer and we don't need to steal his crap.

He won't let it go, so I walk away and go grab one of our beers
and he is sitting down on the couch at this point, and
I walk up to him and try to hand him a beer. He is trying
to get me to drop it because he can tell I'm getting
pissed about him tripping out on a couple of defenseless
girls and so as I'm pushing the beer towards him he
tries to push my hand back so I just crunch it with my
fist and pour it all over him. So he stands up like we
are gonna fight until like 1/2 of the house stands
between us and tells us to chill out.

Justin A
01-27-2005, 02:43 AM
Fix your link riskwise, it messes up everyone's view of the thread.

bholdr
01-27-2005, 02:50 AM
Hate to say it, but it sounds like you're a total As$hole.

ever think about taking the high road, and working your problems out like a REAL man, instead of being a macho dickhead and assulting some scared little guy?? what the hell makes you think that what you did is OK?

go to hell, you mainiac.

and, no, i don't call the cops when i get thrown down. actually, it's never come up. (i don't get thrown easily)

but... all that being said, this guy also sounds like a total pussy, for lack of a better word. i would've just kicked your loser ass. (or at least given it a shot and kept my manhood and my pride intact)

keep beating peole up and see how happy it makes you. geez.

BreakEvenPlayer
01-27-2005, 02:53 AM
What about that time we almost put our dukes up in the middle of I.V.?

pshreck
01-27-2005, 02:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you have a deeper issue pshreck. you need to come out of your corner, hiding from things that might deem you a "racist".

[/ QUOTE ]

I had so many ideas how to respond to this, but Im just gonna go with the "your not making any goddamned sense" approach.

And fix your link you goddamned idiot.

Cyrus
01-27-2005, 03:37 AM
Mano a mano, I mean. No guns or any pussy stuff like that.

Tell us that first and then whine about the little bully calling the cops on the big bully.

<font color="white"> . </font>

Russ McGinley
01-27-2005, 03:46 AM
Man this thread has some funny responses. The best ones are the replies that ignore the first paragraph that said "I haven't been in a fight in 10 years". Classic. Of course the best was the guy who said I was racist because I witnessed a heated argument between a black guy and a white guy and a bunch of people I don't know.

And yes, I have been in fights with people stronger than me, and it never occured to me to bring the police into it unless I felt my life was in danger.

daryn
01-27-2005, 03:52 AM
clearly the worst part of this thread
was the retard who decided to destroy
it with that dumbass long link.

i felt the need to bring this up again.

Cyrus
01-27-2005, 03:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have been in fights with people stronger than me, and it never occured to me to bring the police into it unless I felt my life was in danger.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for being honest.

And for providing the closure to your query.

EliteNinja
01-27-2005, 04:10 AM
Opponent gets the benefit of the doubt if it is a disputed line call in tennis.

Secondly, if a guy swears at you, don't run up to him all mad. Ask him calmly why he swore at you. Then if he gives you major lip, you can tell him, "Relax, it's just a friendly game." Come on, tennis is a gentleman's game.

Nick B.
01-27-2005, 04:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The ignore feature is a great tool. I use it for people who post these stupid URLs and for people who put "and it isn't even close" after whatever they say and think it is funny.

Sponger15SB
01-27-2005, 04:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]

The ignore feature is a great tool. I use it for people who post these stupid URLs

[/ QUOTE ]

ah perfect!

daryn
01-27-2005, 04:34 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

The ignore feature is a great tool. I use it for people who post these stupid URLs and for people who put "and it isn't even close" after whatever they say and think it is funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

whoa you just blew my mind. i will now adopt this philosophy.

Jman28
01-27-2005, 05:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
ever think about taking the high road, and working your problems out like a REAL man, instead of being a macho dickhead and assulting some scared little guy??

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
i would've just kicked your loser ass

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying you aren't a real man?

Jman28
01-27-2005, 05:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Secondly, if a guy swears at you, don't run up to him all mad. Ask him calmly why he swore at you. Then if he gives you major lip, you can tell him, "Relax, it's just a friendly game."

[/ QUOTE ]

It's true. That makes people much more mad than hitting them.

nicky g
01-27-2005, 06:15 AM
What a dumb thing to start a fight about.

Pepsquad
01-27-2005, 06:45 AM
You were wrong, but I think your sh*t has been sufficiently jumped throughout this thread so I'm not going to pile on. I guess the thing I would encourage you to do is let this rest for a couple of days. Come back after you've had a chance to reflect on this and re-read your post. Re-read everyone's responses...and LEARN from them. If you fail to do this, my guess is that it will not be another 10 years before your next fight, and the cops might not laugh it off next time.

Pep.

DavidC
01-27-2005, 09:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I repeatedly said "Say it to my face" with some motherfu<font color="red"></font>ckers and such mixed in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just want you to know that I absolutely LOVED the way you phrased this.

Edit: Okay, now that I've read the post, I see that you want a 1-on-1 confession. I'm similar in that I haven't been in a fight for a long long time. If cops were around, I would gladly accept their help. If they're not, it could get pretty ugly, as I'm looking to incapacitate a person rather than break their will to fight; I'm not a large enough guy to take chances.

Edit 2: I can't believe I spent so much time reading this thread! I want my 15 minutes back!

Sluss
01-27-2005, 09:06 AM
Being 27, cheap and married I spend less time at bars because I got a beer meister.

However I still have many friends who spend much time in the bars. Which reminds me of a time at a bar over the holidays. As we are leaving my friend decides that he needs to punch this guy in the face. Three quick punches.

On punch one I thought, "Hey why is he hitting this guy?"

Punch two, " How many friends does this guy have? I count four."

Punch three, "Oh crap, there are five of us, but two will run like someone lit their ass on fire."

This looks like trouble. So I grab my buddy rip him away from this guy. Forearm shiver the guy to the ground and rush everyone out the door.

That was my first fight since I was a Freshman in college and some hardass thought he could kick in my friends apartment window and do donuts on his front lawn. Ended up breaking the guys elbow.

Amazingly no cops in either situation.

Lawrence Ng
01-27-2005, 09:15 AM
I enjoyed reading this post, it was a funny story.

Lawrence

jakethebake
01-27-2005, 10:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If someone threw me to the ground when I had neither threatened physical violence upon them nor attempted to harm them in any way, I would do something. In the heat of the moment, it may have been to call the cops if I felt I was in danger. Or I may file a restraining order against the person later. Or I may turn around and brawl with the guy and regret it later. But I wouldn't have taken it lightly.

Of course, we weren't there and didn't see the actual situation. He may have way over-reacted. But from the way you are describing it, I think his actions were reasonable. Sure, he may have been completely in the wrong about the call, but that doesn't give you any right to shove the guy to the ground.

-Brian

[EDIT]: What do you think the "manly" thing to do is? Would you have preferred if he got up and lunged at you and you guys got in a serious fight over a tennis game? Or is the manly thing to do to shrug it off and let some guy shove you around? Just curious what the "manly" thing to do is.

[/ QUOTE ]
Pussy.

jakethebake
01-27-2005, 10:13 AM
How I would have handled it:

I would certainlky have gotten in his face for the "[censored] You". I would have kept on him and kept on him in his face, but without touching him, until it was obvious he wasn't going to do anything about it. I probably would have invited him to start something. It seems pretty obvious the guy wouldn't. It would have made it clear I wasn't going to take his [censored] but without actually fighting the guy.

johnnybeef
01-27-2005, 10:56 AM
my name is johnnybeef for a reason...cuz i was a big meat head in college. my buddies and i used to get into fights almost every weekend. before i learned how to control my temper, i never would "consider" anything, if i was drunk and pissed, i would go into attack mode. that being said my answer is no, i would never call the police, you can tell this guy that beefcake thinks this guy is a pussy next time you see him.

Sephus
01-27-2005, 11:39 AM
here's an idea. give him the point. then after the game, go up to him and say "look man,
i'm sorry for the shit i've given you. we've been acting like little girls, and
i'd appreciate if we could both make a little extra effort to get along in the future."

he'll probably stop being an asshole if you just start treating him well, and even if he
doesn't you gave him a reason to. too dr. phil for you? fine, i guess you prefer catfighting
with a pussy every time you play tennis.

jakethebake
01-27-2005, 11:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
here's an idea. give him the point. then after the game, go up to him and say "look man,
i'm sorry for the shit i've given you. we've been acting like little girls, and
i'd appreciate if we could both make a little extra effort to get along in the future."

he'll probably stop being an asshole if you just start treating him well, and even if he
doesn't you gave him a reason to. too dr. phil for you? fine, i guess you prefer catfighting
with a pussy every time you play tennis.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pussy. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

B00T
01-27-2005, 01:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
my name is johnnybeef for a reason...cuz i was a big meat head in college.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sup Bro?

Zoltri
01-27-2005, 01:52 PM
Just a betting/fighting story.

I own a small sportsbar, my wife and I and a couple of waitresses work it. This little place makes me a modest living. Part of my earnings is booking with my customers, nothing big, $50 max cash up front and winners to be paid immediately after the game. Over the years, I have found this to be good for business as most guys will stick around and spend a few bucks.

Anyway, last week I get a visit from a young customers mother. This guy is around 20 years old and he has been betting with me for about 6 months, I would say he is down about $500 to me. No big deal, right?

Wrong, his bitch mother storms in the bar with her younger boyfreind and accuses me of stealing his money, turn him into a drunk and encourage him to gamble. I assure you, I have not done neither.

I dont know what this kid told his mom, but they threatened to call the cops among other things. Now, I have a short fuse and I dont like being threatened so I tell them to get the fukk out. The boyfreind starts shooting his mouth off which gets me going even more and they are refusing to leave and making a scene.

What do you think happened next?
You guessed it, me and the boyfreind are brawling in the bar and a couple of regulars helped me out and put a nice beating on this guy.

I know I should have called the police, but damnit its my place and besides I didnt want to attract any attention about the betting. My wife was concerned because she feels these wackos might have exaggerated the booking story to the police and portrayed me into the next Bugsy Segal. Its all quiet on the home front now as all this happened last week and no sign of this kid.

One more thing....NO MORE 20 YEAR OLD BETTORS ALLOWED!!!

Nick B.
01-27-2005, 02:01 PM
I would say that you are pretty lucky the guy didn't press charges. I am pretty sure you would have lost your bar and served jail time.

Zoltri
01-27-2005, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would say that you are pretty lucky the guy didn't press charges. I am pretty sure you would have lost your bar and served jail time.

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree.
I asked him to leave and he didnt.
My actions would be the same as if a couple of bouncers did the same thing.

jakethebake
01-27-2005, 02:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? They'd have to prove the bookmaking. He has a right to throw people out of his bar for creating a disturbance.

jakethebake
01-27-2005, 02:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I would, however, make sure any bookmaking records weren't in the bar in case they do go to the cops.

Nick B.
01-27-2005, 02:12 PM
I think the fact that you allowed a 20 year old into your bar to drink and gamble would not go over real well. And then you and your regulars beating up the mother's boyfriend wouldn't help your case.

Zoltri
Jake, I have approx 50 guys that bet with me...all solid.
This kid was the latest guy I took on and that was 6 months ago. But you are right, no records and no newbies for a while.

BeerMoney
Awesome story. If he has a wife or a girlfriend, you should call her and tell her what a p**sy he is. Cause this is just the type of guy that acts tough at home.

I'm proud of the way you handled yourself. Was everyone else psyched you manhandled this guy or what?

Sponger15SB
01-27-2005, 02:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. I think people are forgetting where this took place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Link (http://espn.go.com/tennis/news/2003/0915/1616219.html)

Zoltri
01-27-2005, 02:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm proud of the way you handled yourself. Was everyone else psyched you manhandled this guy or what?

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL..I try to avoid fights at all costs but when someone threatens your livelihood I take it personally.

I think my wife likes this 'wise guy' thing with the betting though...I think it turns her on. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

BeerMoney
01-27-2005, 02:20 PM
The part that everyone is failing to recognize is that the other guy acts like a donkey every time they play. HE NEEDS TO GET HIS ASS KICKED. Whether its from this poster, or someone else. This guy getting a little roughed up will definitely help the guy in the long run.

A lot of people need to get their ass kicked at some point. Unfortunately, this donkey didn't get punched or anything good like that. He just got a little shaken up.

Look at the facts here:

The guy constantly acts like an ass.

He yelled "[censored] you at someone."

That someone gave him a chance to apologize or whatever, and he wouldn't so he gently placed him on the ground.

Then, he ran and CALLED 911, like the worlds biggest VAGINA. How can anyone possibly side with this chump.

Everyone else that was there laughed, and so did the cops. This Arab guy obviously needs to grow a pair, or tone down his act.

Good job Russ.

2planka
01-27-2005, 02:27 PM
Being a 32 year-old property owner, I have more to lose than most people who would try to bait me into a fight. I walk away, get into my new car, go home to my new house, pop a bottle of top-shelf brew, and forget about the whole thing. No need to prove anything.

astroglide
01-27-2005, 02:45 PM
and another bad url ruins the thread. seriously i couldn't care less what is being said here now. this needs to be addressed in the forum software.

HDPM
01-27-2005, 02:46 PM
By "no records" do you mean other than the written confession in this thread? Hilarious.

Oski
01-27-2005, 02:47 PM
The problem is that there are a lot of disrespectful, jerky people out there. One reason they carry on is they know they will not get their butt kicked.

I think there should be more asswhippin's (at least around the places I live).

Maybe if people learned to respect the fact they might get their ass kicked for being a jerk off, there might be less jerk offs out there. They might even learn to respect that other people exist and have the same rights as them.

Generally: Natural law dictated that the smaller person had to learn how to survive around stronger persons. All things being equal, if you had no use to the stronger person and there was a conflict, you were in peril. In other words, it did not serve you well to anger those who could kick your butt.

Now, of course, as civilized as we are, we have laws to foster community values and protect the weaker from the stonger who may abuse their power. The end result is we hope the weaker and stronger develop a MUTUAL RESPECT.

Unfortunately, jerky a-hole people, realizing they are protected from physical harm, tend to be jerky a-hole people whenever it serves their purpose. These are the types of jerky a-hole people that will do this, for example:

You are the only person in a deli and are waiting to order. The jerky a-hole comes in, takes a number, then insists he should go first. Even though it is clear you have been standing there, and the other person acknowledges it, he still insists he should go first because he has a number.

I think an asswhippin' would be appropriate.

Bubbagump
01-27-2005, 05:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've never seen it and I never thought I would see a "man" do something like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you honestly think you are a man for throwing someone to the ground who did nothing more than say to you, "[censored] YOU"?

If I asaulted every person in my day to day life who told me to [censored] off, I'd be dead or in prison.

For a 26 year old, I think you have a lot of growing up to do.

Bubba

jakethebake
01-27-2005, 05:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you honestly think you are a man for throwing someone to the ground who did nothing more than say to you, "[censored] YOU"?

If I asaulted every person in my day to day life who told me to [censored] off, I'd be dead or in prison.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you went around telling people "[censored] YOU" you'd probably be dead too.

TylerD
01-27-2005, 05:55 PM
Somewhere today in OOT someone pointed out that if you Ignore the person who posts the bad URL the situation is rectified.

jakethebake
01-27-2005, 05:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Somewhere today in OOT someone pointed out that if you Ignore the person who posts the bad URL the situation is rectified.

[/ QUOTE ]
But it might be a one time thing, and then you don't see any of their other posts.

Dominic
01-27-2005, 07:13 PM
last time I was anywhere near a fight was about 7 years ago...my roommate and his brother and I were out barhopping on Sunset in L.A...

We were leaving one bar that was way too crowded and had to push our way towards the door...not being rude, just trying to get out, you know? Some guy apparantly didn't like us saying "excuse me" and sliding past him, but we just nodded and walked out the door, as it was too loud to hear what he said anyway.

The three of us get down to the garage level and are walking towards our car when 5 guys come running down, blocking our way.

You know the type: college boys with too much beer and muscle but without a hint of how to actually fight. The didn't like being bumped in a crowded bar (go figure!) and wanted to prove their manhood, I guess.

We tried to diffuse the situation by laughing it off and saying "okay, sorry, goodnight"

But one guy get's in my face and chest bumps me - you know the drill. (You always know when a guy has no clue about fighting - he gets in your face, leaving himself wide open for any kind of assault).

Well, I was a Special Forces OP once upon a time. My roommate's brother, Erik, was still a Navy Seal then.

Bryan, my roommate, just starts laughing and sits down on the hood of a car. He says, shaking his head, "You guys don't know what you just started."

College Boy is still in my face so I calmly bend his thumb back, turn him around to face his buddies, and kick him in the ass back in their direction. I'm the calm, one, see...

Erik, on the other hand is a nutcase.

He screams at the top of kis lungs and literally RIPS his shirt off, revealing rock hard muscle, tattoos, and scars. And, oh yes - two old bullet wounds.

He screams again, like this is the happiest day of his life and takes his shoes off. He knows all sorts of martial arts moves. I don't, so I keep my shoes on.

Erik points at the college guys and says, "I'm gonna love this. I haven't killed anyone in four years!"

Granted, this does sound a bit like Christopher Walken in "True Romance," but whatever points he gets docked for that he more than makes up for in the fact that he's telling the truth. He's killed people. For our country. I haven't, thank god.

Anyway, the guy I kicked looks like he's ready to come back at me but the other four have had enough of "psycho theater," and start backing up.

Bryan is taunting them from his car - "What, it's 5 against 2! I won't even fight, I'm a pussy! Come on!"

Erik is leaping up and down, pounding his chest and, I swear to god - howling like a wolf. I'm just crouched, ready for action. And smiling.

Finally, Erik take a run at one of them and all five guys SPRINT up the ramp and out of the garage so fast, I thought they were flying.

End of confrotation.

Moral to the story - do NOT get yourself involved in a ridiculuos alteraction over something stupid - traffic BS, drunken BS, whatever. It ain't worth it.

Because you never know who that guy you want to fight is. Could be a pussy. Could be a crazed Navy Seal just looking for blood. You just never know.

TylerD
01-27-2005, 07:26 PM
Great post!

Bubbagump
01-28-2005, 10:56 AM
I honestly don't know what it is about this phrase, or a gesture like flipping someone the 'bird', that set's people off the way it obviously does. Do you guys really see it as some kind of challenge to your 'manhood'? I find this rationale completely ridiculous.

The prisons and morgues in this country are filled with people who felt that their only recourse to settle a dispute over NOTHING was with physical violence.

Peace.

theantelope
01-28-2005, 11:49 AM
My guess is that this isn't over. I would count on a nice letter from an attorney, demanding money for injuries. Enjoy the fruits of your idiocy!

Wes ManTooth
01-28-2005, 11:58 AM
COPS!... on location... tennis courts...

white trash television at its best

smudgex68
01-28-2005, 12:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Moral to the story - do NOT get yourself involved in a ridiculuos alteraction over something stupid - traffic BS, drunken BS, whatever. It ain't worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, the moral is if you want to start a fight make sure you carry a gun.