PDA

View Full Version : Do people suck heads up...?

Yobz
01-26-2005, 11:54 PM
I was playing on interpoker and the table got shorthanded and then heads up. The guy folded like 70% of things preflop. So I would raise preflop every time. He saw maybe 10% of showdowns 1/3 of which I won, I was way happy. Too bad he was only there for 50 hands or so before he busted out.

Anyway, that gave me the idea of going over to the heads up. Interpoker has a 2/4 heads up table and I sat on 3 at a time. Started with $80 on each and was up to $120 on all 3 in an hour.

While I realize sample size man will rape me up the ass for saying I was winning, but the players were terrible and their moves (like folding on the river to a big pot heads up) were even worse: is heads up always this profitable or did I get really lucky?

bisonbison
01-27-2005, 12:04 AM
people who hang out at HU tables are more likely to be good than players who stay too long as a table breaks.

Yobz
01-27-2005, 12:16 AM
I comepletely agree. Thats why I love it when a table I am playing at gets short-handed. I do have to say, though, that the purely HU tables I was playing at had some terrible competition: is this therefore atypical or highly profitable?

Reef
01-27-2005, 03:33 AM
you happened to play tighter-weakish opponents. I think you just outplayed them - but you have no bragging rights. sorry

IndieMatty
01-27-2005, 10:50 AM
I personally, suck at Heads Up. I am people.

Your statement is true.

Rudbaeck
01-27-2005, 11:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
people who hang out at HU tables are more likely to be good than players who stay too long as a table breaks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except on Prima. It seems everyone loves sitting down at 2/4 HU table with their free $15 or whatever.