PDA

View Full Version : First 5/10 6-max session KQsoooted in the best position

SCfuji
01-26-2005, 10:55 PM
you guessed it! UTG!!!

SB is a calling station.
BB is aggro preflop and post-flop, but knows the strength of his hand.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) I Love BisonBison (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

I put BB on an OESD and the SB on any two cards. I raise to take a free card if my hand improves and to 'try' to get out the SB.

Turn: (6 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

Cool, heart! I nab the free card to see if I hit my flushy flush.

River: (6 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 6 BB

I was happy they checked. Would I be wrong to call a river bet from an aggressor with KQ high? Does anybody bet the turn as to increase the chances of a free-unimproved river showdown?

Thanks
fuji

youngin20
01-26-2005, 11:11 PM
I cant really see you being ahead here, so...im not sure i like your raise seeing that its 6max 5/10, and if you put one of the players can have any two cards, i dont think its too unreasonable to think he might have bottom or middle pair. the checks are probably in response to your raise, as usually happens in passive games, but im not really sure i like your raise here, as i dont see your hand being that strong. he might be semibluffing, but because he is playing from the blinds, i would say middle pair is not out of the question. if i raised, i might bet the turn to give them a chance to fold and if they dont, i still have a fair amount of outs, but then again im not too aggressive of a 6-max player (i find that building multi-way big pots is easy, and winning these small pots is not as critical. it might have greater variance, but whatever.)

ggbman
01-26-2005, 11:13 PM
I would fold the flop. I would never call with KQ high on this board, the only hand you beat is a Tx semi-bluff.

SCfuji
01-26-2005, 11:22 PM
ill drop it like a bad habit.

BottlesOf
01-27-2005, 01:00 AM
I'm surprised people are telling you to fold this, you've got two overs and a backdoor flush with 7 bets in the spot. Sure you can hit and lose, but still...

SCfuji
01-27-2005, 02:11 AM
jbb was it wrong to try and push out a calling station?
is calling the better action on the flop?

thanks,
fuji the fish

imitation
01-27-2005, 02:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I put BB on an OESD and the SB on any two cards. I raise to take a free card if my hand improves and to 'try' to get out the SB.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sticks out to me as a major error in poker judgement, never would you put someone on such a specific hand with so little information...what specifically about the hand at this point leads you to think BB has an OESD as opposed to TP,MP,2-pair,overpair,etc,etc....I think all you should say BB bet so I presume the flop hit them in some way, if that is your read...

Lmn55d
01-27-2005, 02:42 AM
I also think you should fold here. You are getting 7:1 which is good enough for a 6 outer. However, there is an obvious straight draw out, so you could hit on the turn and still lose to a rivered straight or also by someone hitting an ace. Also it is possible that the bettor has a hand like k7-k9 or q7-q9 that has you drawing to 5 outs instead of 8 (giving BD flush 2) or he could have two pair. Also, sometimes you will either be 3bet on this flop by someone with a pair or draw or will not be able to get a free card on the turn. I know these are kind of worst case scenarios, but I think they combine to make a fold correct. I guess it is kind of close, but I would fold here. I am willing to be persuaded that I am wrong, however.