PDA

View Full Version : Canadians! (Ontarians specifically)

Kaz The Original
01-26-2005, 10:11 PM
Where's the best place to get books on Hold'em?

01-26-2005, 10:18 PM
I lived in Toronto for 3.5 years and I couldn't find a good inventory anywhere....Gamblers bookstore used to have an operation but it has since disappeared (I think they run their operation out of Ebay now).
Hate to say it..but your best bet is to order online on Amazon.ca or Chapters.ca
Chapters and Indigo b&m stores have crap poker book in inventory...mostly stuff from Ken Warren, Lou Krieger and Phil Hellmuth...I have yet to see a 2+2 book carried at any Chapters store but you can order almost any book online on their site.

Kaz The Original
01-26-2005, 11:08 PM
They have super system but that is it.

The T.A.
01-27-2005, 02:30 AM
To the best of my knowledge, no major bookstore chain in Canada stocks 2+2 books. Not even at Chapters or Coles.

Best place to get poker books is still Amazon.ca.

KeyToTheMint
01-27-2005, 07:18 AM
Order online from www.chapters.ca (http://www.chapters.ca)
They have 2+2 titles, in most cases cheaper than the publishers
price. I picked up theory of poker for 27 dollars canadian.
They will ship free for orders over 40 dollars. My orders took
less than 5 days to receive.

One important note their prices fluctuate. For example
I have seen the theory of poker go from 27 dollars to 42 dollars back down to 27 dollars inside of 2 weeks. So only
pay the fair market price or less when placing your order.

AKhearts
01-27-2005, 07:26 AM
Grab your books from Amazon. They have alright prices but you can find virtually any book that you are looking for. They ship fairly quickly as well.
AKHearts

CrazyEvan
01-27-2005, 08:50 AM
I have a dozen poker books, 10 of which I got off of Amazon.ca
cheaper prices than Chapters.ca and it ships to you in 2 days (free shipping if the purchase is over 35 dollars ( I bought my books in pairs))
Chapters takes weeks to arrive.
Amazon.ca all the way

Lawrence Ng
01-27-2005, 08:58 AM
www.amazon.ca (http://www.amazon.ca)

Benal
01-27-2005, 05:14 PM
Unfortunatly, online is your best bet.

Humble
01-27-2005, 08:27 PM
Have to agree internet (Amazon) is the only way to go. Ive been in stores from Vancouver to Ottawa and have never seen a two plus two book. Ken Warren, Lee jones and Brunson, but no S&M. Boggles the mind how the big chains could miss them given the poker boom.

H

01-28-2005, 02:23 AM
I used to buy all of my books from Amazon but now I compare Amazon to Chapters.ca before making my final decision.
In some cases, Chapters.ca may be cheaper. In other cases, one book may be available at one site but not in another.
For example, last time I checked SSH is not available on the Chapters site but is available on Amazon.
I just order SS2 from Chapters but this title is not available on Amazon.ca (though it is available on Amazon.com).

Anyway, I just want to say that Chapters should still be considered.

sgw
01-30-2005, 12:29 AM
i agree whole-heartedly

there are no walk-in bookstores in Vancouver that carry any decent poker books. Chapters would order SS2 for you into the store, but for $10 more than the online price from Chapters.

Generally, Amazon seems to have a much wider selection and usually cheaper price. However, Amazon does not carry SS2.

If anyone finds a store with 2+2 in the Lowere Mainland please post the data.

cheers,
the Real Macoy