PDA

View Full Version : To all you guys from Boston and the New England area...your time

Mike Gallo
01-26-2005, 09:44 PM
Howdy Chowda heads, /images/graemlins/grin.gif

News flash, The Weather Channel reported that by 6 p.m. Wednesday, 42.2 inches of snow — 5 or 6 inches of it on Wednesday — had fallen on Boston this month. This tops of the old monthly record of 41.6 inches set in February 2003. record snow to match records set by the local sports teams.

Ironic how your area set weather records after your area sports teams set sports records.

The Red Sox came from 0-3 down against their most hated opponents the Damn Yankees to not only win the pennanr but sweep the World Serious. The Red Sox went on an 8-0 run. I will probably never see that feat again in my life time.

The Patriots have just made it to the Superbowl for the third time in the last four years. With the salary cap and disparity in the league, that does not happen that often. The last team that did this the 90's Cowboys did this with two different coaches and regimes.

Drink enjoy the snow and enjoy life.

I remember back in 1986 when the Islanders lost in the finals to the Oilers because Wayne Gretzky and Mark Messier refused to lose. The Jets lost a heartbeaker against the the Clevelend Browns because of Gastineau's stupidity. The Mets won the World Series and Giants won the superbowl. The Giants really won the Superbowl in 87, however it was the 1986 season. I remember the buzz in NY.

Fast forward to 1994. The Mets suck, the Yankees have begun the ascent, the Rangers and Knicks made it game 7 of the finals. The city really buzzed then.

So don't let the weather stop you from celebrating your past sports teams achievments, as a matter of fact celebrate them.

daryn
01-26-2005, 09:50 PM
thanks mike!

*clink*

Mike Gallo
01-26-2005, 09:51 PM
You drunk yet? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

pshreck
01-26-2005, 09:51 PM
Another record that was set in New England:

Most gay marriages.

ilya
01-26-2005, 09:53 PM
I don't really care about the sports, but the snow is great. For shoveling.

Mike Gallo
01-26-2005, 09:58 PM
See that. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

pshreck
01-26-2005, 10:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
See that. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I had to say something mean, I was born and raised in Philly, can't let a nice post about New England go unscathed.

Lazymeatball
01-26-2005, 10:05 PM
We did it baby!