PDA

View Full Version : Save my Money!

TheCarter
01-26-2005, 09:16 PM
Hello. I have been a fairly casual poker player for about 3 years, priding my skills against other casual players, but never considering myself a good poker player. So I guess I would rate myself a 4/10 on poker skills. Recently I have decided to become a little more serious with my game, so I purchased "Small Stakes Holdem" and read it three times, then took my new skills to the table. I am staring with just .5/1 and 50 bucks. Within my first 4 hours I was at 130.00, playing well and feeling good. The next day (today) I am at 60.00 and starting to lose hope. I am using the skills from the book, and just because I keep losing money I do not stray from the techniques the book taught. But I keep losing on the river. And I know that is a very low-levelled skilled player thing to say, but I really feel that way, and I have lost probably over $100 or more in pots just from losing on the River, when I out played my opponent up until that point. So I am stuck. What do I do? Do I keep my head strong and hope this funk goes away or do I try something else?
Please help before my money is gone.

BusterStacks
01-26-2005, 09:28 PM
Post hands you are unsure about in the micro-limit forums.

Stork
01-26-2005, 09:37 PM
If you're playing .5/1 you need alot more than fifty bucks to start, count yourself lucky that you haven't busted out yet.

Awesemo
01-26-2005, 09:54 PM
One thing that you should consider is that at .5/1 you're not going to be making more than a few bucks an hour playing.

luggie
01-26-2005, 11:11 PM
i agree with all above,When i started with 20 dollars i played 1 penny 2 penny NL,it might sound low to you,but you can make money there.When you make more move up slowly,be patient and if you have the best of it before the river when in a hand, you will see good results in the long run.