PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with suggestions for clearing the hollywood poker bonus?

joedot
01-26-2005, 09:07 PM
2/4 doesn't seem to be clearing it very well at all. I'm guessing 3/6 is my best choice, or maybe no limit. At what level of no limit would the bonus clear at a pretty good clip? I have to say, this is not a very good clearing bonus.

playersare
01-27-2005, 01:31 PM
you need a $1 pot rake or higher to earn one full player point on pokerroom and hollywood poker. so $2/4 and up is a good starting place because the minimum rake is $1 to begin with. after that it's just a matter of figuring out the minimum number of BB's required to reach a $20 pot to induce that $1 rake:

$2/4 - $20 required for $1 rake (5BB)
$3/6 - 3.33BB
$5/10 - 2BB
$10/20 - 1BB
and so forth

the lower the required BB's, the higher percentage of hands which will be raked (assuming all hands reach the flop). at 5BB's, you usually need to reach a showdown for a raked pot if you figure the average hand to be worth 7BB's total. but with a 2.5BB or lower requirement, you can still get rake credit for multiway pots which end on 3rd or 4th street.

if you think $2/4 is too slow for bonus whoring, then it should feel gradually faster as you move up in fixed limits. I generally don't recommend NL for bonus clearning because a) pot sizes are too volatile, b) less hands reach the flop and large raises don't get called, and c) hands themselves take longer to play as people mull over bet sizes and all-in situations. multitabling at mid to high fixed limits is definitely the fastest way to go.

another thing that might make you think that hollywood/pokerroom is not earning points quickly enough, is that the account server tends to "lag" on their balance updating while you play. it's not like party poker or paradise where the raked hand is credited to your bonus instantaneously after the pot is pushed to the winner. on pokerroom (especially the java client), you often have to wait 3-5 minutes before whatever hand you just played shows up in your profile.