PDA

View Full Version : Anyone lay this down Party 6max $100

warlockjd
01-26-2005, 08:56 PM
Bully on button has table covered. Villain in SB. Me UTG+1

I have no pokertracker and no reads on Villain.

UTG folds, Hero ($100) limps AsAx, CO folds, Button raises to 10 Villain SB ($100) calls, BB folds. Hero raises to 30. Button bully thinks forever then folds. Villain calls.

Flop QsJsQx. (pot 70)

My plan is to make a weakish $30 bet, hoping to induce an all in, and bet my remaining $40 no matter what the turn is.

Villain checks, I bet $30, Villain pushes.

What I'm interested in is if anyone here will ever fold this given the stack sizes.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
01-26-2005, 08:59 PM
Not against a bully.

warlockjd
01-26-2005, 09:00 PM
Bully < > Villain.

Bully folded preflop and is the reason I limped.

No reads on Villain, just sat down.

mason55
01-26-2005, 09:01 PM
The bully folded preflop. Why not a bigger reraise preflop? If you're going to give away the strength of your hand with a limp reraise, make them pay to call you.

warlockjd
01-26-2005, 09:07 PM
Are you phucking serious?

Anyone else routinely raise to higher than $30 here with AA?

Burno
01-26-2005, 10:10 PM
I'm reluctantly calling, not expecting to be ahead.

I think you will find you have the best hand or suckout enough to make it profitable (~25%).

Plus you have the backdoor royal draw to bail you out when he shows you a boat.
/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

TrailofTears
01-26-2005, 10:18 PM
This is a crying call from me. And I might make it 35-40 PF since as you stated, you knew you were going to put all your money in. I hope he was pushing Kings here but I doubt it.

Reef
01-26-2005, 10:53 PM
my thinking is that if he paid $30 preflop with your A's.. then congratulations for him if he outflops you.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
01-26-2005, 11:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bully < > Villain.

Bully folded preflop and is the reason I limped.

No reads on Villain, just sat down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still call but expect to be beat a bit more.

Kaz The Original
01-26-2005, 11:08 PM
I would call simply because you are guarenteed money if you make it $30 preflop and push every time. He is not gonna outflop you 1 in 3.

But if you make it 30 and then fold at some point you can lose money in the long term by guessing incorrectly.

I also make it 40 here. You are telling them your hand, make them pay.

TheWorstPlayer
01-26-2005, 11:16 PM
With a caller here, you might want to make it 40 because even if they fold, you pick up 20+ which is not too bad for taking no risk. BUT the reason why you make it 40 is NOT having ANYthing to do with this hand. You make it 40 because often you will bet the flop and they will fold and by making it 40, you get more money out of them. Also, it makes them a bit more pot committed, so they are a bit more likely to call future bets. In this hand, it looks on the surface like he has outflopped you, but you have to call for two reasons. 1) you can't let yourself get bluffed out of this huge pot and you have no reads on this guy 2) if he has outflopped you, it means he has you dead to 2 outs, 3 at the most. Why give you a chance to get away? Smooth call the flop, push the turn is guaranteed to take your stack.

steaknshake925
01-27-2005, 12:12 AM
Preflop I like to move of honor. When I first read some posts about this I was like, thats dumb no way youre ever gonna get paid off. But now that I've tried it this has to be one of the most effective things to do with AA at this level. Table selection + move of honor = $$$$

VanVeen
01-27-2005, 12:55 AM
Check-call. You'll get more action from worse hands by checking to induce a bluff (on party 100nl tables) than you will by leading out with a real (not $30 - that's basically an expensive check!) bet and hoping for a call. You obviously call his push. Always. Do not fold here ever.

warlockjd
01-27-2005, 02:02 AM
Okay a few things.

First of all, I realize I misposted this hand. I was 4 tabling, tutoring my brother on 3 of his tables, keeping up with poker tracker, and watching the IU game/WPT, so sorry about that.

The actual flop was QsJsJx.

I never had any thoughts of folding. All my $ were getting in, and if he has the J I pay him off. I thought that the best way to do that was the way I described in the OP.

warlockjd
01-27-2005, 02:03 AM
Villain had QJo and I didn't improve. Still like my play....

BobboFitos
01-27-2005, 02:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Villain had QJo and I didn't improve. Still like my play....

[/ QUOTE ]

Ignore whomever told you to fold. It was played fine.

You got a villain to call 30$ w/ QJo. NH