PDA

View Full Version : I think I'm in Love.

Joe Tall
01-26-2005, 08:54 PM
I was in Vegas with a new girl this weekend and I really like her. She wanted to learn to play poker. So, I showed her the structure of Limit Hold'em. We played some face-up hands and I gave her lessons on position and hand selection. Then she wanted to play some face down hands so, I dealt the cards out.

The first hand she plays, she folds Q9s UTG, and says, "It's not a big enough hand in early, right?" I think I'm in Love. /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Go Pats!
Joe Tall

theBruiser500
01-26-2005, 09:07 PM
how touching

nolanfan34
01-26-2005, 09:11 PM
Be careful here Joe. Teach her enough so she'll understand why you love to play poker. But don't teach her so much that she's going to want to tag along to Foxwoods every time you go.

wacki
01-26-2005, 09:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Be careful here Joe. Teach her enough so she'll understand why you love to play poker. But don't teach her so much that she's going to want to tag along to Foxwoods every time you go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you say that? A friend of mine goes out with her husband everytime he goes to Foxwoods. They play at different limits, but it still works out great for them.

nolanfan34
01-26-2005, 09:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you say that? A friend of mine goes out with her husband everytime he goes to Foxwoods. They play at different limits, but it still works out great for them.

[/ QUOTE ]

She might get good and start beating him.

No, in all seriousness I meant it more like the relationship my wife and I have with golf. She plays, enough that she understands why I like to play it and why it's so great. And we golf together once in a while, which is cool. But she doesn't love it SO much that she wants to go everytime, or expects to tag along.

It's a fine line.

Joe is on the right track though, way better than if she didn't approve of poker and bitched about it.

Go Joe Tall!

gcoutu
01-26-2005, 09:44 PM
I think it is awesome. Don't screw it up bud. Having a girl that understands why we love this game so much is priceless. Also, you could chalk up Foxwoods time as "quality time" that you spent together even if at different tables. I'm sure you are smart enough to pull that off. Good luck with her.

rory
01-26-2005, 11:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Like Barry and his wife...

That is for making fun of me being quiet.

Joe Tall
01-27-2005, 03:27 AM
Joe is on the right track though, way better than if she didn't approve of poker and bitched about it.

She wouldn't have made it past the first date. No way anymore bankroll would be spent in her direction.

She does have a natural nack for it. Although, I think I created a monster because now the guys in the office want her to hit the home game.

Go Pats!
Joe Tall

nothumb
01-27-2005, 03:55 AM
My girlfriend regularly beats me at heads-up NL. Partially because she reads me surprisingly well and partially because I get impatient and screw around.

NT

BeerMoney
01-27-2005, 01:27 PM
Did you make it to "O"?

Joe Tall
01-27-2005, 02:55 PM
Did you make it to "O"?

We did make it to 'O' and had a great time. After 'O' we went over to Alladin to PF Changs, she paid! Walking out, she spots the "Poker Room" sign and we played some 2/4 for the first time together. She booked a 20BB win. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

This is meant to be,
Joe Tall

nolanfan34
01-27-2005, 02:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Did you make it to "O"?

We did make it to 'O' and had a great time. After 'O' we went over to Alladin to PF Changs, she paid! Walking out, she spots the "Poker Room" sign and we played some 2/4 for the first time together. She booked a 20BB win. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

This is meant to be,
Joe Tall

[/ QUOTE ]

Dang Joe, you're smitten. Good for you. I don't know her height, but if she comes up with a theory about tall and beautiful women players, then it must be fate. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

tom
01-27-2005, 03:36 PM
it is more important if she made it to "O". also, it is not how big your hand is, just matters how u use it.

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-27-2005, 07:20 PM
Wait... no "lessons on position" jokes?

By the way, Joe - nice catch.

slickpoppa
01-27-2005, 11:05 PM
I'm jealous

Zeno
01-28-2005, 12:18 AM
This is good news. Genuine Love is, unfortunately, sort of rare. Hope this is it and works well for you. Sincerely, Venus is good for you Joe.

-Zeno

Yeknom58
01-28-2005, 01:49 AM
This can't be serious. Is she hot??

Joe Tall
01-28-2005, 02:16 AM
This can't be serious. Is she hot??

She's hot, great personality, cute as hell. Ask sublime, he met her, she's a doll.

Go Pats!
Joe Tall

GuyOnTilt
01-28-2005, 02:27 AM
I'm seriously jealous. Good for you Joe. Nothing but the best. Call me next time you're headed out this way sucker.

GoT

Joe Tall
01-28-2005, 02:37 AM
Call me next time you're headed out this way sucker.

I'll be there Thurs to Wed, Clark is sending me out to collect on the Illinois-basketball bet. /images/graemlins/grin.gif Only kidding, I'm headed to my brother's Superbowl party. She is not coming as she is headed to the fcking Superbowl! She's a bigger Pats fan that I am, seriously.

I'll call you as I'll be looking to play on Mon/Tues after the Superbowl.

Go Pats!
Joe Tall

slickpoppa
01-28-2005, 04:26 AM
whatever you do don't let her know how much you like her. women want guys who don't like them

Joe Tall
01-28-2005, 04:33 AM
women want guys who don't like them

Women who are high maintenance; been there done that and it's never been worth it. I like her and I let her know. She likes that.

Peace,
Joe Tall

slickpoppa
01-28-2005, 04:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I like her and I let her know. She likes that.

[/ QUOTE ]
For your sake I hope you are right, but I am skeptical.

Duke
01-28-2005, 10:29 AM
On a related note, the coolest thing I ever heard a girl say:

me: "Don't you want to go to Rain with your friends?"
her: "Let's just play poker."

~D

nolanfan34
01-28-2005, 12:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
She is not coming as she is headed to the fcking Superbowl! She's a bigger Pats fan that I am, seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Yeah, you've got a keeper there.

sfer
01-28-2005, 01:09 PM
You're breaking Boom Boom's /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

nolanfan34
01-28-2005, 01:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're breaking Boom Boom's /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha ha ha!

If you're not the mayor of pwntown, you're at least on the city council.

bunky9590
01-28-2005, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The first hand she plays, she folds Q9s UTG, and says, "It's not a big enough hand in early, right?" I think I'm in Love.

[/ QUOTE ]

Typical tight passive. Q9 is a monster in that low limit crap. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Anyway, hope it works out for yah, she better treat you right. Keep in touch.

bunky9590
01-28-2005, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ha ha ha!

If you're not the mayor of pwntown, you're at least on the city council.

[/ QUOTE ]

I made him the assistant mayor in charge of glib remarks. He Roolz! No better right hand man than sfer.

Who is Boom Boom's rebound victim?

chson
01-28-2005, 05:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The first hand she plays, she folds Q9s UTG, and says, "It's not a big enough hand in early, right?" I think I'm in Love.

[/ QUOTE ]

Typical tight passive. Q9 is a monster in that low limit crap. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Anyway, hope it works out for yah, she better treat you right. Keep in touch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. She's probably going to be playing FW 2/4 or 4/8 so Q9s is fine UTG.

sfer
01-28-2005, 05:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Who is Boom Boom's rebound victim?

[/ QUOTE ]

If Boom Boom digs the pedophile scene, I believe the answer starts Evan and ends with Evan.

bunky9590
01-28-2005, 05:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If Boom Boom digs the pedophile scene, I believe the answer starts Evan and ends with Evan.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't gonna be the one to go there! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Im thinking of getting some polo shirts made up for the pwntown city council. Interested?

partygirluk
01-28-2005, 06:22 PM
From SSHE:

'Early Position

The first three seats to the left of the blind

If the is no raise, play: Any pocket pair......QJs~Q9s'

Close, but no cigar. You are best waiting for the real deal.

Oilcan
01-28-2005, 06:57 PM
photo please.. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

BottlesOf
01-28-2005, 07:56 PM
Very interested.

JoeU
01-28-2005, 10:19 PM
Now wait just one damn minute!

I talked to you on the phone the other night. You mentioned something about a girl back home, but you never said she was with you! Is this the same girl? Also, need I remind you, this is like the 3rd or 4th girl in the last 2+ weeks! Are you slowing down? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Let me know when you want to go to Cedars. I'll bring the Mrs and we'll double.

Joe

Sparks
01-28-2005, 10:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The first hand she plays, she folds Q9s UTG, and says, "It's not a big enough hand in early, right?" I think I'm in Love. /images/graemlins/heart.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, it's just lust.

Now, if she had said the hand was weak early, and she should either fold, or raise, THAT would be love.

Sparks

nolanfan34
01-29-2005, 02:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I made him the assistant mayor in charge of glib remarks. He Roolz! No better right hand man than sfer.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you need a PR guy, let me know. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

nothumb
01-29-2005, 02:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Typical tight passive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just how I like 'em. Don't want anyone messing up my concentration.

NT

Easy E
01-29-2005, 01:55 PM
you've been hanging around with the wrong women

Easy E
01-29-2005, 01:59 PM
"And we golf together once in a while, which is cool. But she doesn't love it SO much that she wants to go everytime, or expects to tag along."

So, something you could do with your wife into your golden years and you DON'T want her too interested?

Find another hobby, that she doesn't like, if you need some solitude and build on something that you can share together, idiot.

Easy E
01-29-2005, 02:00 PM
Well, I would have to question her intelligence.... the PATS? ugh. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Joe Tall
01-29-2005, 02:23 PM
I would have to question her intelligence.... the PATS? ugh

One thing for sure is that the entire forum is now questioning yours. /images/graemlins/grin.gif Just kidding, Easy.

Go Pats!
Joe Tall

nolanfan34
01-29-2005, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Find another hobby, that she doesn't like, if you need some solitude and build on something that you can share together, idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the tip, jackass.

Joe Tall
01-29-2005, 05:15 PM
Also, need I remind you, this is like the 3rd or 4th girl in the last 2+ weeks!

Well, in the last 2 months I've been girlfriend shopping. I found her, finally. I thought it would take a full year but, no, this one is a keeper.

Let me know when you want to go to Cedars. I'll bring the Mrs and we'll double.

That would be great, then the 3 of us can sit a 2/4HE, and you can see how JoeTall Poker Boot-camp pays off. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Go Pats!
Joe Tall

Easy E
01-29-2005, 05:20 PM
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Easy E
01-29-2005, 05:21 PM
I think that some of those rabid Eagles fans such as CCx and the like will back me here

Joe Tall
01-29-2005, 05:31 PM
I think that some of those rabid Eagles fans such as CCx and the like will back me here

So, that's 4-ish out of 20k members. And by the way, a lot of serious things are said in jest.

Peace,
Joe Tall

sublime
01-29-2005, 05:38 PM
She's hot, great personality, cute as hell. Ask sublime, he met her, she's a do

just getting arounf to tbis thread again, as i have been busy getting getting my ass kicked this month /images/graemlins/frown.gif

she is very cute and from the brief encounter i had with seems like a nice girl. i am not surprised though, joe has a knack for hanging out with super cool people. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Chap_Stick
01-30-2005, 06:54 AM
Good luck!!!

Easy E
01-30-2005, 02:55 PM
are you sure? Man, thanks for cleaning that up!

[i](now, was that in jest or a serious statement?)

Barry
01-30-2005, 06:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know her height, but if she comes up with a theory about tall and beautiful women players, then it must be fate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well AngelFish is 5'8" and I think that she is kind of cute and her game is pretty decent, so maybe there is something to that.

Hey Joe - Congrats and AF and I need to meet her soon. Just remember there is nothing better than have someone ask you if you want to go play poker as opposed to you having to ask permission.

Joe Tall
01-31-2005, 02:32 PM
but if she comes up with a theory about tall and beautiful women players

I never said she was tall. Beautiful, yes, I actually quit tall girls about a year ago. I have my reasons and now I'm glad I made that choice.

Go Pats!
Joe Tall

colgin
01-31-2005, 03:16 PM
Joe,

Just getting around to this thread and I wanted to add my name to the list of well-wishers. Congratulations on finding a great girl.

As for the person who said not to let her know you like her I would add the following anecdote. Two years ago I met this really sweet person and we had a great first date. In fact I felt so comfortable with this woman that against my own better judgment and the advice of all my friends I broke the "three day" rule and called her the next day after our first date. We are getting married in two months.

Go Pats!

Colgin

JoeU
01-31-2005, 10:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That would be great, then the 3 of us can sit a 2/4HE, and you can see how JoeTall Poker Boot-camp pays off.

[/ QUOTE ]

At that rate, you might convince my wife to play too! I'll put our names on the list now for next month! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Joe

JoeU
01-31-2005, 10:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just remember there is nothing better than have someone ask you if you want to go play poker as opposed to you having to ask permission.

[/ QUOTE ]

Barry, this was beautiful. You are a very lucky man!

Joe

siccjay
02-03-2005, 07:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like her and I let her know. She likes that.

[/ QUOTE ]
For your sake I hope you are right, but I am skeptical.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am too. Letting her know (in words) is NOT the way to go. If shes your gf already then no worried. GOOD LUCK

Joe Tall
02-10-2005, 11:29 PM
Things are going great. It's been a month since we first started dating and we are likely to get serious.

Laura is in black on the right with her friend Bethany is holding the Corona.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v639/joetall/Laura.jpg

nolanfan34
02-11-2005, 01:53 AM
Looks like a nice girl Joe. For someone who always seemed so proud to be a bachelor, you sure seem smitten still! Good for you man, that's cool stuff.

You know though, if you get serious with this girl, that's the end of your "relationship" with your cousin's friend. Ha ha.

Joe Tall
02-11-2005, 02:08 AM
You know though, if you get serious with this girl, that's the end of your "relationship" with your cousin's friend

I haven't called any of them. Haven't thought about them. That's when I 'knew'.

Take care,
Joe Tall

Sarge85
02-11-2005, 11:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
She is not coming as she is headed to the fcking Superbowl! She's a bigger Pats fan that I am, seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice catch JT.

Poker & Football....

Nice catch indeed.

Sarge/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

samjjones
02-11-2005, 05:21 PM
Congrats, Joe. I know its a long ways off, but let me speak for 95.6% of all married men when I say "Don't even think about it..."

JoeU
02-11-2005, 05:24 PM
Ni Han Sir.

See the two of you tomorrow at the Woods (maybe).

Joe

bunky9590
02-12-2005, 12:03 PM
Somebody way overacheived.

ni han sir.

Best of luck in all you do my friend.

Gregg

bunky9590
02-12-2005, 12:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Congrats, Joe. I know its a long ways off, but let me speak for 95.6% of all married men when I say "Don't even think about it..."

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad i'm in the minority. 5 years of marraige and I've never been happier.

nolanfan34
02-12-2005, 12:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad i'm in the minority. 5 years of marraige and I've never been happier.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto, 3 years and counting here. I consider the fact that I apparently found a woman who will put up with me for life an absolute miracle.

bunky9590
02-12-2005, 06:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ditto, 3 years and counting here. I consider the fact that I apparently found a woman who will put up with me for life an absolute miracle

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear yah, I majorly overacheived as well.

Sfer and bdk3clash will be meeting bunkette tonight, I'll let them pipe in their .02 Sunday.

willie
02-13-2005, 10:23 AM
my girlfriend checkraised my ass on a 79A board when i had a set of 9s

i call, turn is an ace, i go all in and she busts me with quad aces....

defffffinitely a keeper. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

jason_t
02-14-2005, 06:39 AM
She folded the Inessa preflop from UTG! Marry her, immediately. You're in the right city for it. Congrats on finding a great gal, dude.

Easy E
02-14-2005, 12:57 PM
Updates, please?

If she gave you some poker-related gift for Vday, start shopping for the ring.

BaronVonCP
02-14-2005, 01:38 PM
I pay my gf $8 an hour to multiable on partypoker.

johnfromvirginia
02-14-2005, 03:03 PM
on her own or at your table?

J_V
02-14-2005, 04:11 PM
Ugh. I'd rather go to RAIN!!!!!

Joe Tall
02-14-2005, 04:28 PM
If she gave you some poker-related gift for Vday, start shopping for the ring

I'm not a poker 'fan', I'm a fulltimer. She wouldn't do anything tacky like that.

Joe Tall
02-14-2005, 04:47 PM
Ugh. I'd rather go to RAIN!!!!!

Do it. I did it. In 6-8 years, you'll be where I am. Don't settle for less either, I didn't.

Peace,
Joe Tall

34TheTruth34
02-15-2005, 02:52 AM
1. she's too cute for you.

2. you need to post the ex-gf "45 minutes" story here.

3. she's too cute for you.

love,
Mark

BaronVonCP
02-15-2005, 12:00 PM
her own account with my money with me assisting on the plays she doesn't know

jar
02-16-2005, 01:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If she gave you some poker-related gift for Vday, start shopping for the ring

I'm not a poker 'fan', I'm a fulltimer. She wouldn't do anything tacky like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are poker fan gifts, and there are fulltimer gifts. I gave my girlfriend PokerTracker for christmas, and she loved it. She got me a nice folding felt table-top for my home game. How great is that?

Joe Tall
02-16-2005, 03:06 PM
There are poker fan gifts, and there are fulltimer gifts. I gave my girlfriend PokerTracker for christmas, and she loved it. She got me a nice folding felt table-top for my home game. How great is that?

That's pretty damn cool, man. My reply was to Easy who is going to marry a gril who gives him a Hellmuth bobble head doll. Just kidding, Easy.

Peace,
Joe Tall

Easy E
02-16-2005, 05:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My reply was to Easy who is going to marry a gril who gives him a Hellmuth bobble head doll.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think it's legal to do that... and anyone significant other would would get me a Hellmuth anything (except maybe his scalp) wouldn't be significant for long...

by the way, why am I marrying a grill? Is THAT legal in 50 states?

As to the beginning of this- I figured anyone who met this criteria:
<font color="blue"> first time played, folded Q9 UTG </font>
would know better than to get a crappy-poker-player gift

fat_nutz
02-17-2005, 03:31 PM
sorry, but someone had to be honest here... I'd do her friend though