PDA

View Full Version : 77 hand

johnsy
01-26-2005, 05:50 PM
I was in a game with a friend last night at Commerce(2-3NL) and says he misplayed this hand, i disagree..anyway he is the hero.
SB(HERO) 225
UTG(Villian) 350

Villian (Super Loose AG) limps utg, all fold to hero in sb with 77. hero completes BB checks.
Flop 10 7 2, two spades. Hero checks, BB checks, Villian bets 15, Hero Check rasises to 30, BB folds, Villian insta push and hero insta calls. Turn Ks river Kd. Villian had been calling with silly hands and catching, but had not made an all in bet all night.(He just called a preflop raise from me with q3 heats ((flop Js 5s 4h)) and caught runner runner heart with some potsized flop and turn bets). Anyways, Just wondered what u guys would do??????

johnsy
01-26-2005, 06:25 PM
any1? lol

TrailofTears
01-26-2005, 06:47 PM
I bet that flop, but other than that it looks fine to me, especially given the read on this guy as a fool. If it's set over set, so be it. If he was on the draw and wanted to push with bad odds, good win. Am I missing something here? Other than the check, which is risky given the semi-coordinated board and doesn't help build a pot, it looks fine to me. If he had KT, it was an ass's birthday and there is never anything you can do about that.

- ToT

johnsy
01-27-2005, 02:25 AM
any one else???

TheWorstPlayer
01-27-2005, 03:04 AM
This hand seems pretty straight-forward. Normal lines should be to bet out. Villain is super-aggro so you want to check/raise him, fine. He is super-aggro so you call his push (I would call a push there from pretty much anyone except Mother Theresa). Hope it worked out.

BobboFitos
01-27-2005, 03:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
any1? lol

[/ QUOTE ]

i lead the flop

if he's that weak then maybe he'll call all my bets drawing dead on the flop

you have to build the pot

BobboFitos
01-27-2005, 03:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This hand seems pretty straight-forward. Normal lines should be to bet out. Villain is super-aggro so you want to check/raise him, fine. He is super-aggro so you call his push (I would call a push there from pretty much anyone except Mother Theresa). Hope it worked out.

[/ QUOTE ]

they allow dead people in cardrooms nowadays?

must be an australlian thing

PoBoy321
01-27-2005, 03:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
(I would call a push there from pretty much anyone except Mother Theresa).

[/ QUOTE ]

Screw her. If she puts money in the pot, I'm gonna take it.

johnsy
01-27-2005, 03:31 AM
villian had 1010...just seeing if any1 would lay it down......

mason55
01-27-2005, 03:41 AM
Does anything think anything of the fact that villain hasn't pushed all night?

TheWorstPlayer
01-27-2005, 04:15 AM
Sure. He calls when he has runner runner draws, he pushes when he has a pair. Or two pair.

PoBoy321
01-27-2005, 05:00 AM
Set over set happens. If you're ever afraid to get all your money in with the second nut, you'll lose a lot more money over the long term, IMO. Tough break, but I think that 95% of the players on here would make the call and the other 5% are weak/tight.

luckycharms
01-27-2005, 05:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
any1? lol

[/ QUOTE ]

i lead the flop

if he's that weak then maybe he'll call all my bets drawing dead on the flop

you have to build the pot

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree that building a big pot is the main reason to bet out here. There is a flush draw and a straight draw out there, and you gotta make the drawers pay dearly. I'd either 3/4 pot bet out or CR more than the minimum (he bet $15? i'd raise it to about $40 or $45)