PDA

View Full Version : What do you do when fish berate other fish?

Shoe
01-26-2005, 05:50 PM
Anything? I had this come up yesterday, where two big fish (VPIP over 70% on both), were berating each other. Now, when a better player berates a fish, I come to the fish's defense. However, in this case, I did not want to come across as harsh to either player. Any suggestions on how to keep them both at the table?

muck_nutz
01-26-2005, 06:00 PM
Why wouldn't you want to come across as harsh? Defending the one being berated often draws more fire from the agressor (like a mad dog towards a retreating foe). But attacking the aggressor will almost always either draw the insults towards yourself or quiet down the situation.

Sasnak
01-26-2005, 06:53 PM
Maybe we were on the same table the other night as I had teh very same thing happening. One 60%er says to another, "keep playing that trash moron" and the other starts back critiquing the first guys play. It was hilarious and went on until both lost almost everything they had to the rest of us while trying to outmuscle each other.

Gbob
01-26-2005, 08:35 PM
Thje great things about fish is that they don't realize that they're fish. I would definatly try to calm the situation down to keep both parties at the table. Is it possible to send some kind of private message? If so, then send it to the fish making the harsh remarks and tell him not to tap the aquarium. His pride will do the rest and he'll calm down.