PDA

View Full Version : NBA 1/26

01-26-2005, 05:43 PM
YTD (posted) 22-13-1

1. Memphis + 6 1/2 @ Cleveland

Memphis has been playing great. Seems like a lot of points. I am not convinced that the loss of Gasol hurts them that much. This opens up time for Swift, who is a defensive presence. Meanwhile CLE is not exactly blowing teams away, although in their defense they are just off western a road trip. Maybe they get healthy tonight ... but my money goes the other way. If I lose, I blame Microbob.

2. Wizards - 3 1/2 Philly

Uh, hello? How is this line only 3 1/2? Washington is 25-15. They're for real. Philly is mediocre. Not sure how they beat Miami so big, but I throw that one out as an aberration. Washington should win this by 10. If I lose, I blame Ccx.

3. T-Wolves/Hawks under 190 1/2

Minnesota plays some real tight defense. The Hawks are good for a mid-80's here. My fear is the final is something like 110-85, but Minnesota is not exactly a prolific scorer these days. Since 1/10, they have broken 95 twice, against SEA and LAL, neither of which is known for its defense.

4. Sonics pk Utah

Sonics have a very good record in second of back-to-back, so I don't consider tiredness to be a factor. They are simply better than Utah. They would be better if Kirilenko was 100%, and they are better when he's not.

5. Clippers - 3 1/2 Lakers

Clippers put a hurting on the Lakers tonight. They are much better. Don't let their sub-500 record deceive you. They also just got off a long road trip where they lost 'em all against the best teams in the league (and wrapped it up with a loss at New Orleans, probably tired). They are even with the Lakers when Bryant is there; they are better when he's not ... I think Maggette will play but even if he doesn't I think they cover.

CCx
01-26-2005, 09:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
2. Wizards - 3 1/2 Philly

Uh, hello? How is this line only 3 1/2? Washington is 25-15. They're for real. Philly is mediocre. Not sure how they beat Miami so big, but I throw that one out as an aberration. Washington should win this by 10. If I lose, I blame Ccx.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol....Sixers are a streaky team - I watch every game and I'd have to say if they had Iverson, I'd have taken them with the points tonight - my main reason for taking the Wiz tonight would be Iverson on the bench - good luck

01-27-2005, 12:01 AM
MEM 111
CLE 114

PHI 107
WAS 117

ATL 84
MIN 107
(heartbreaker)

MicroBob
01-27-2005, 02:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If I lose, I blame Microbob.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can take it!! Bring it on!!

Besides, they covered anyway and we both won on this one.
What I saw of it looked like a pretty silly game. Bad fouls...Lebron had some sort of injury that kept him out for a few minutes.

Pretty high scoring though obviously...I was thinking about taking the over (which was only 185) but decided not to thinking that Fratello would want to slow down a little bit after running up and down for much of their game with ORL. Also...last time they played (about a month ago) it wasn't terribly high-scoring. I think 90-81 or so.
But....my hunch that 185 was too low for the O/U was indeed correct and my fears of it staying low-scoring were WAY off.

Also won tonight with MIA -4.5 vs. TOR.

MicroBob
01-27-2005, 02:45 AM
Going back to my records -

since I had that 1-8 stretch a few days ago:
2-0 today
3-1 yesterday
4-2 day before that (but missed on my parlay)
1-1 day before that
5-0 day before that

15-4 in the last 5 days...Woo-hoo!!!!

01-27-2005, 10:14 AM
3-2 (oh that o/u in Minn/Atl is a heartbreaker)

YTD (posted) 25-15-1