PDA

View Full Version : Accessory for 2001fp owners

Etaipo
01-26-2005, 05:37 PM
The soundbar (http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?sku=313-1935&c=us&l=en&cs=19&category_id=2999&page=externa l) .

Just cheap relatively crappy speakers. But they are nifty, because they snap onto the bottom of the monitor, have a front panel volume on/off control, and a headphone jack on the side. Less wire clutter (gets power from the monitor, only one stereo cable that runs to your PC), and NO SPEAKERS TAKING UP SPACE ON MY DESK!

I got them because I have a set of Klipsch's that I used for my main PC, my media PC, and my DVD player, and I was constantly swapping them back and forth (tried an A/V switch with horrid results). This eliminates one of those boxes. You won't be jamming out to music on them with any happiness, but it is more than sufficient for the clicks, clacks, and wahoo's of internet poker, for sure.

But mostly they just look pimp, and clean.

Almost $50, but to me it's worth it for the cleanliness of the setup.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/images/products/large/313-1935.jpg

Lurker4
01-26-2005, 06:02 PM
Thanks for the heads up...I might end up getting this. My computer speakers are broken anyway.

usmfan
01-26-2005, 07:02 PM
$50! My fanny! Try ebay. These things are going for 10-20 not including shipping. At least 1 with a BIN of 18 + 7 s/h. Come to think of it, I moved my monsoons to work and replaced with crappy dell speakers, so I may try this. It would score huge eye-appeal points with the little lady who detests the wires and the fugly speakers. Not to mention, she was so understanding when that new 2005FPW showed up to replace our perfectly capable 1800FP. Thanks for the idea!

Etaipo
01-26-2005, 10:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
$50! My fanny! Try ebay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gah...yeah. Never even thought of that. I paid full price. =/ Ah well, guess I can live with that since I got such a good deal on the monitor.

Anywhoo, as you mentioned, you've got the 2005, not the 2001. And that reminds me that it actually works with (I believe) ALL Dell flat screen LCD monitors. Check the specs on it if you have some oddball model, as it may just work with it as well.