PDA

View Full Version : Anyone play this different?

krazyace5
01-26-2005, 04:52 PM
I put SB on a flush draw.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button ($29.32)
SB ($58.9)
Hero ($138.1)
UTG ($56.4)
MP ($11.6)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls $1, MP calls $1, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($4) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, UTG folds, MP folds, SB calls $3.

Turn: ($10) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, SB calls $4.

River: ($18) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $15</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $50</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $50.9 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls $0.89.

Final Pot: $119.80

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has Tc Ts (full house, tens full of eights).
Hero has 5s 8s (full house, eights full of fives).
Outcome: SB wins $119.80. </font>

kurto
01-26-2005, 04:58 PM
This is one of those hands where the flop was optimal for him to maximize what he was going to make. (And where he really benefited from not raising preflop)

I don't think there's anything you could have done differently. This was just the perfect flop for him and the absolute worst flop for you possible.. I can't imagine too many players who wouldn't have lost their stack their. Once he called your reraise... I might have thought (of crap he had 10-8)... but what can you do?

djoyce003
01-26-2005, 05:23 PM
ouch, Tough beat. I doubt anyone plays this very differently. You just picked a real bad time to get a really good, second best hand. He also played it tricky and got lucky with it. The only thing i'd have done differently is make a pot-sized bet on the turn. If he called that, and was a decent player, you'd have to wonder about him having the flush. That being said, I don't think you get away from this hand at any point.

JaBlue
01-26-2005, 05:28 PM
You're getting stacked this hand no matter what. Oh well.

SlyAK
01-26-2005, 05:33 PM
I think everyone else has pretty much said what I was thinking.

1. Well played
2. Tough beat
3. Curse the Poker Gods
4. Reload

Sly

soah
01-26-2005, 06:24 PM
An odd bet is usually a monster or a bluff. If he calls your raise he has a full house (which probably beats yours) or a flush. It's easy to put him on a flush here but I do think the decision to raise is close. (And of course, any decision is debatable when we are given absolutely no information on our opponent.)

I don't care much for the turn bet though. You're giving away way too much information if you bet full pot when you're vulnerable and 4/10 pot when you fill up. If I want to show weakness or let people catch up then I check, and if I want to charge people to draw dead then I bet normal.