PDA

View Full Version : HOH question: Live vs. On-line tourneys.

PE101
01-26-2005, 03:41 PM
Harrington makes many refereces to the loosness of on-line tournament players.

My observation is that that's true of many, many of the players in the live tournaments too. Granted I'm playing in small buy-in tournaments.

Specifically, he mentions (over and over) that on-line players will see a flop with any ace. He's right! But I see that in the live tourneys too.

Don't get me wrong. I think HOH is a terrific book. I'm just confused about this point.

What is your observation on this?

Thanks,

pfkaok
01-26-2005, 03:50 PM
I haven't played in too many live tourneys, but I think he's mostly refering to the higher limit ones, where people aren't going to go allin with anything on the first hand, like you often see in online ones... at least it won't be too common when the entry fee is $500 + . Even in smaller live ones, a lot of times people are more patient I think b/c they have the feeling of "well i came all the way out here to play this tourney, so I want to at least make it last a while". Whereas online if you bust out in the first hand you can simply buyin to another tourney a few minutes later.

PE101
01-26-2005, 04:48 PM
Good point about the wait time...

Thanks

Rudbaeck
01-26-2005, 06:52 PM
Though in the bigger online tourneys you don't see people go nuts as much either. The $300+ buyin MT tourneys rather tend to have too many too tight players from my limited observation.