PDA

View Full Version : new to game

boborobot
01-26-2005, 03:03 PM
hello:

new to the game, been only playing since september, and i have a few questions to ask if anyone wants to help me out i would really appreciate it. First let me say that up to the past week i have been playing by the seat of my pants. Last week i bought the book "small stakes hold'em" and it has helped me out a lot. i play on the very small stakes tables, .5/1 and up the the last week i havn't been doing to well. since i bought the book, my play has improved somewhat. i have not finished the book yet only the first 2 1/2 parts and that has helped me quite a bit learning how to play the game. I do have a guestion if anyone can help. My question is i understand now what to play when i am in certain positions, but i do not know when to play or if i should play cards like 8/9s or 10/9? i see alot of players playing these type cards when they are in early and middle position and they seem to win the hand quite often. should i consider playing these cards in late or blind positions? most of the time, the tables are tight with 4-5 playing for the pot. any suggustions would be greatly appreciated.

pudley4
01-26-2005, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
hello:

new to the game, been only playing since september, and i have a few questions to ask if anyone wants to help me out i would really appreciate it. First let me say that up to the past week i have been playing by the seat of my pants. Last week i bought the book "small stakes hold'em" and it has helped me out a lot. i play on the very small stakes tables, .5/1 and up the the last week i havn't been doing to well. since i bought the book, my play has improved somewhat. i have not finished the book yet only the first 2 1/2 parts and that has helped me quite a bit learning how to play the game. I do have a guestion if anyone can help. My question is i understand now what to play when i am in certain positions, but i do not know when to play or if i should play cards like 8/9s or 10/9? i see alot of players playing these type cards when they are in early and middle position and they seem to win the hand quite often. should i consider playing these cards in late or blind positions? most of the time, the tables are tight with 4-5 playing for the pot. any suggustions would be greatly appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Go here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=begin) (the Beginners Forum)