PDA

View Full Version : Highlands Info

05-14-2002, 05:28 PM
YOU AINT SEEING NO MONEY...........NEXT

05-14-2002, 08:39 PM
Americas Card Room Well I played thier freeroll for the $25 and won one Then I played their live games and run the winning up to $190 + over a few weeks time. THEN I tried to cash out $100 but lo and behold no money unless I make a Min. deposit and play 200 raked hands, I asked them if I made the deposit would I have to play 200 more (raked) hands before I could cash out They said no I had only 45 more Raked hands left to play. Then I asked Them how I could track my raked hands. They said this was not possiable for me to see.Well make your deposit and win But you can't get your money untill you play 200 raked hands and only by their count

05-14-2002, 10:32 PM
I don't know about ACR, but most...if not all the sites I play show the money collected for the rake. It usuallly accumulates in a spot to the left of the dealer tray as the pot increases. Once the hand is over it disapears (i.e. it gets dropped). I suspect if you watch closely, you will be able to see which hands are raked and which are not. Again I have never played at ACR but it seems common practice in the rest of the industry to display it that way.

Second note, If you won your stake in a freeroll tourney, I think they should not require you to deposit and play 200 raked hands. Such a practice is acceptable for deposit bonuses where you need to earn your bonus (abuses would otherwise follow if they did not do this). However in your situation it sounds as if you earned or won a "prize" and it should belong to you in its own right.

Just my own thoughts

Stu

05-14-2002, 11:10 PM
Isn't the minimum deposit like $5?

05-14-2002, 11:41 PM
Min. deposit is $5! I guess for some like aka an investment of that magnitiude will simply bring his life's savings to an end. sad,, very sad

05-15-2002, 12:26 AM
AKA what a joke you must be. The min deposit is $5. I also won 2 freerolls. I made my deposit (which i got a 25% bonus) and was able to cashout no problem. Every tuesday if you play 200 ranked hands you get a free $25. So play your 45 hands you got left then. I have recieved $450 of free money from ACR in the a little over a month. They also let you know upfront about playing the ranked hands before withdrawls. I have found the online service to be 1 of the best.

05-15-2002, 12:30 AM

05-15-2002, 04:17 AM
Yeah it is...So I'd say depositing $5.00 to take out $190.00 plus, which was won with free money anyway, is a pretty good wicket.

Also raked hands are easy enough to keep track of, we all keep our own and as for the 200 raked hands....It is after all (PROMO) money you are winning...They aren't just going to hand over $50.00 which is the max you can win in their promo tourneys ( Plus another $50.00 of which are sports promos )so you can cash it out a minute later.

I've been playing on free money there for months now and having a ball.

Good luck with your playing

05-15-2002, 10:19 AM
Well now its now the min. deposit ($5) but the fact that you have to play 200 raked hands to cash out your own money not just the promo money. once you make a deposit you are stuck there for 200 raked hands, and the way they define a raked hand is YOU HAVE TO SEE THE FLOP! in my case that is about 20%of hands including the BB This means about 1000 hands played. now at any other site if I buy in and never play, I can still cash out

05-15-2002, 12:13 PM
a raked hand is exactly as it sounds......lol

any hand that u are dealt in and there is a rake taken..period

05-15-2002, 01:35 PM
What are you talking about you said you only had 45 more hands to go. Sounds like you have a memory problems.

05-15-2002, 02:01 PM

05-15-2002, 02:09 PM
Sorry about that (last post NM ) But no memory loss. I asked host how many more hands ( raked ) that I had to play and he said 45 read other post on raked hands

05-15-2002, 06:01 PM
But you haven't (bought in) have you?

You have won $190.00 plus on FREE money not your OWN money.

And apparently ALL those hands can't be too hard to get if you've been told you only have 42 left to play and a little $5.00 deposit to make to get your money...Sheesh

Pay the $5.00 and get your money and go play somewhere else.

Seems to me I won all that without it costing me a cent, last thing I'd be doing is whinging about it.

05-15-2002, 06:56 PM
"Seems to me if I won all that without it costing me a cent, last thing I'd be doing is whinging about it."

Welcome to poker.

MS Sunshine

05-15-2002, 08:46 PM
"now at any other site if I buy in and never play, I can still cash out "

Just as you can at Americas CardRoom.

Are you forgetting that YOU HAVE NEVER BOUGHT IN YET?? I mean, the fact that you had to make a buyin to cash out your free money is what you started this inane whining about, right?

LLAMA