PDA

View Full Version : Q9s Stealing - advisable?

CardCuda
01-26-2005, 01:53 PM
Live $10-20 full table, folded to you in LMP. Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, you Open raise.

CO Tight Passive, BTN LAG, SB will complete here 90% of the time and plays extremely well post flop, BB will most likely see the flop, but is a weak player.

CO folds, BTN folds, SB completes, BB calls...

Flop - 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif Checked to you - Your plan and thoughts on the steal attempt?

Bob T.
01-26-2005, 02:00 PM
This is a reasonable hand to steal with, but I don't like the fact that I am not going to win outright, and I don't have a lot of showdown value with Queen high. I got middle pair, I like the flop a lot bet, and keep betting until you get raised.

chief444
01-26-2005, 02:02 PM
I think open raising is fine here, although given your descriptions I don't really see a high chance of stealing it.

My plan from the flop on is to bet and more than likely continue betting. Clearly you bet the flop and after that there are just too many scenarios to consider.

sfer
01-26-2005, 02:17 PM
A LAG, and like zero folding equity from either blind makes this a fold for me preflop. I want a good chance of getting HU or stealing outright to make this worthwhile. This hand, from the descriptions of the players, seems destined to be at least 3-ways.

CardCuda
01-26-2005, 02:35 PM
I bet the flop, both called.

turn -

the A /images/graemlins/spade.gif falls -

SB leads out, BB folds, Hero raises for the following reasons -

1) Don't believe the SB fairly confident he's testing me.
2) Going for the free showdown unless a spade, Q, or 9 falls.
3) If re-raised (oops), call and pray for a spade?.

PS - this was my 1st venture into the $10-20 world... and I thought Q9s looked pretty good here. Even though I had pretty much no chance of folding equity from the blinds, just was wondering if this was too aggressive. the game changed quite a bit from $3-6 to $10-20 (live). and was questioning some of my steal attempts. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif