PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with blind hands

ApolloQuiet
01-26-2005, 01:09 PM
Villian is VPIP 30, 21%PFR
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 19 BB

Villian is a LAG
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, Hero calls, BB folds.

Flop: (5 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (6.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

Villian is a self proclaimed and stats maniac (47VPIP, 19%PFR)
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, Hero checks.

Flop: (2.33 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks.

Turn: (1.16 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

River: (3.16 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 5.16 BB

Results to come

easypete
01-26-2005, 01:38 PM
Hand 1: Depends on Villain's AF. It really doesn't matter too much here. I would have played it the same except for the river (if villain's AF was very low). I would expect an Ace or a flush. He may have A9, A7, or A8... eh... so be it. If villain was super passive post-flop you might have saved 2BB, but you'll win this hand much more than 50%, so it's best to 3-bet the river.

Hand 2: 3-bet pf, other than that... looks ok... you may have the best hand on the river, so you would call a river bet (which, more than likely, will happen if you check), so betting river is good (HU).

Hand 3: Looks fine.

Bob T.
01-26-2005, 01:49 PM
Hand 1, when I get raised on the river, I think that the possibility of Aces full is big enough, and I call at that point.

Hand 2, seems reasonable.

Hand 3. This guy raises 19% of the time, and you don't think you are ahead preflop when he limps? Raise preflop, Bet the flop. After that, I would just keep betting. You have values, and a maniac is only calling. You must be ahead.

Good luck,
play well,

Bob T.

Lost Wages
01-26-2005, 02:42 PM
Hand 2)
Gotta rereaise preflop, punish his steal. Check-call the river. No way is he folding a better hand and he isn't likely to call with a worse hand so you won't have the best hand &gt;50% of the times that you are called.

Lost Wages

spydog
01-26-2005, 03:19 PM
Hey Apollo. We played together today.

I'm the so-called 'LAG' in Hand 2.

Hand 1: I probably CR the river and call a 3-bet. You have the worst full house possible and if you lead the river after he capped the turn, he may just call his flush. It's hard to believe that you'll get capped on the turn and river and still win this hand, but you might.

Hand 2: I'm not sure why you classified me as a LAG, but if that's your read then you must 3-bet this 100% of the time. Actually, no matter what your read, 3-bet this. If I know that you won't play back at me with AKs out of the blinds, I will continue to raise a broad range of hands and keep stealing.

I won't comment on the rest of the hand because I know what I had.

Hand 3: I would consider raising PF. If he's a LAG (and I'm doubting your reads /images/graemlins/grin.gif), then your A9 is better than the hands he limps with. Plus, it sets you up to steal the flop if he misses.

spydog
01-26-2005, 03:42 PM
OK. I already commented on the other hands. These are some of your other blind hands from Poker Tracker.

Hand 1. After villian checks to you on the flop you need to bet with your OESD. They will fold this more than 33% of the time. It's a good rule of thumb to always bet the flop headsup when your opponent checks, no matter what you have. Villian probably would have called in this spot, but look at the fun you have when he checkraises the turn.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, Spydog folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, BB <font color="#A500AF">(ApolloQuiet)</font> checks.

Flop: (2 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, ApolloQuiet checks.

Turn: (1 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">ApolloQuiet raises</font>, SB calls.

River: (5 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, ApolloQuiet calls.

Final Pot: 7 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has Ah 8d (one pair, aces).
ApolloQuiet has 3s 2h (straight, five high).
Outcome: ApolloQuiet wins 7 BB. </font>

Hand 2. You need to 3-bet this preflop and remove the BB from the equation. As a general rule of thumb, 3-bet an openraiser from the SB instead of calling. Calling is almost never correct.

The rest of the hand played nicely for you. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Spydog raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB <font color="#A500AF">(ApolloQuiet)</font> calls, BB folds.

Flop: (5 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
ApolloQuiet checks, <font color="#CC3333">Spydog bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">ApolloQuiet raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Spydog 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">ApolloQuiet caps</font>, Spydog calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">ApolloQuiet bets</font>, Spydog calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">ApolloQuiet bets</font>, Spydog calls.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

ApolloQuiet has Kh Ac (one pair, aces).
Spydog has Ad Jh (one pair, aces).
Outcome: ApolloQuiet wins 10.50 BB. </font>

Hand 3. You need to raise this preflop when the SB completes. A5 is a strong hand headsup and by raising and autobetting the flop, you will pick up a lot of pots. Plus, if the SB knows you will raise frequently in this spot, he will frequently fold the SB, giving you free money when you have crap holdings.

Again. Bet this flop when he checks to you.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, Spydog folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, BB <font color="#A500AF">(ApolloQuiet)</font> checks.

Flop: (2 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Turn: (1 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (1 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 1 BB

ApolloQuiet has As 5c (one pair, twos).
SB has Ac 7d (one pair, twos).
Outcome: ApolloQuiet wins 0.50 BB. SB wins 0.50 BB. </font>

ApolloQuiet
01-26-2005, 04:48 PM
Thanks for the input, especially Spydog, and I apologize about the LAG comment, I must have been looking at the wrong stats in pokertracker, and seen the stats for someone else. Going back, I would have given you an unknown, since we've only played 38 hands together. Anyway, here are the results:

Hand 1
Villian has A/images/graemlins/club.gif8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif for bigger full house.

Hand 2
Villian has K/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif Two pair.

Hand 3
Villian has K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 10/images/graemlins/diamond.gif bigger flush.