PDA

View Full Version : Standard? (2)

Zele
01-26-2005, 12:56 PM
BB is a garden-variety LAG. I would have folded to a turn 3bet.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.20 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

River: (8.20 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 8.20 BB

rory
01-26-2005, 01:19 PM
Fold preflop.

Macdaddy Warsaw
01-26-2005, 01:49 PM
What rory said. Just don't let yourself get into situations like this.

Zele
01-26-2005, 02:13 PM
Guys, I agree playing here is borderline, but it's far from a cut-and-dried fold and is very lineup dependent.

Assuming my cat clicked "raise" for me preflop, what do we think?

Rubeskies
01-26-2005, 02:41 PM
I'd just call down. What does the turn raise accomplish?

rory
01-26-2005, 02:42 PM
What 'lineup' is it dependent on? You have the BB pegged as a LAG, that is about the worst possible situation for you to be steal raising with such a weak hand. If this is a good lineup to be doing this with, I can't think of any that would be bad, except maybe if the button was an any-two player. At least you wound up with position in this hand.

Anyway, postflop-- the guy is a LAG. Just call, call, call.

Alobar
01-26-2005, 03:00 PM
dude, what are you doing preflop? Its not close, dont justify it....fold

I prolly call the flop, call a non heart turn, and fold to a river bet, unless my some miracle I improve along the way. Or hes so much of a LAG he will bet the river with a busted one card flush draw. If at any time a heart falls, I fold to his bet.

pfkaok
01-26-2005, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd just call down. What does the turn raise accomplish?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, me too... if this guys a real LAG, then he's certainly capable of 3betting as a bluff, and won't fold any draw to your turn raise. might as well just call down and get to showdown for the same price as your raise.

Also though, I don't even really consider this a margainal hand from MP. I think its an easy fold, but maybe I'm too tight.

DrGutshot
01-26-2005, 03:11 PM
fold preflop.

against a lag, just calldown.

turn raise = no

-DrG

Zele
01-26-2005, 03:24 PM
OK, perhaps I was a little frisky PF on this one. Does anyone make this raise from the CO? Does anyone not make it from the Button (if so I need major convincing)?

I didn't think him capable of a 3bet without values, but even so the raise was probaly too energetic, since he was the sort of LAG that will bet the river my default.

Thanks.

rory
01-26-2005, 03:29 PM
If the BB is a loose defender, then you punish him by playing good cards, not 9 high. Wait until you have good cards then raise, he will call with the worse hand out of position and you will take his money. There is no reason for you to raise 9 high if the button is a loose defender, because he is going to call you if you sit around and wait for a good hand anyway. So do that, wait until you have a good hand then play with him. That's how you beat him.

If the blinds fold too much, then that is when you raise 9 high.

MAxx
01-26-2005, 03:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
OK, perhaps I was a little frisky PF on this one. Does anyone make this raise from the CO? Does anyone not make it from the Button (if so I need major convincing)?

I didn't think him capable of a 3bet without values, but even so the raise was probaly too energetic, since he was the sort of LAG that will bet the river my default.

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

easy steal from buttion. and i will steal from co a good bit of the time with but with much more caution.

easy open fold from MP

Alobar
01-26-2005, 05:44 PM
I dont steal with this on the button unless the blinds are tight.