PDA

View Full Version : Comment on Flop % and play (plz read)

05-14-2002, 02:27 PM
When I was younger I took up bowling. At first I just played for fun and as I progressed I got better and better. I always had coaches telling me you have to throw the ball like this and you have to stand like that, well those thoeries did not work for me. I just threw the ball the way I wanted to and I would make strikes. Sooner or later this guy came up to me and said : "How come your scores are so high and your game is so wierd" "You throw the ball very hard and you never stand in the same place twice". Well I said I win games and that is just my style. I went on to placing thrid in the state championships and than gave up bowling.

Anyway my point is that every poker player will have a different style i.e the percentages of flops they see how they play the cards and how they bet. Just because they have a "wierd" style of play doesnt mean that it is wrong. If they are a winning player they are doing something right and they shouldnt change a thing. What works for one person may not work for another and the same goes for poker or any other game or sport out there.

LET PEOPLE PLAY THE WAY THEY PLAY BECAUSE A WINNING PLAYER IS STILL A WINNING PLAYER REGARDLESS

05-14-2002, 02:33 PM

05-14-2002, 03:01 PM
"LET PEOPLE PLAY THE WAY THEY PLAY BECAUSE A WINNING PLAYER IS STILL A WINNING PLAYER REGARDLESS "

If you believe this they why do you bother reading these forums? Apparently, the discussion of any hand or play is futile, so long as both players are winners. Remember that $2/hr is different from $50/hr.

05-14-2002, 06:00 PM
is doing arithmatic a matter of style? the majority of poker decisions are mathmatical and frequently there's a provably correct play to be made. Saying "there's no right answer" doesn't mean that there isn't a correct answer, just that you don't know it.

how's that proffessional bowling career going?