PDA

View Full Version : Getting Married?

Bluffoon
01-26-2005, 12:27 PM
Single guys... Up for it?

Married Guys... If you could do it over would you still do it?

Divorced Guys.... Would you do it again?

Steelers36
01-26-2005, 12:29 PM
If I could do it over I would. Been married for 5 years to a wonderful women who lets me play poker all I wan't. Also gave me 2 wonderful children.

Steelers36

jdl22
01-26-2005, 12:31 PM
Getting married next July. Looking forward to it but maybe that's because I currently live on the other coast from my fiance.

BeerMoney
01-26-2005, 12:35 PM
If you're asking the question, you probably shouldn't get married.

I lived with my wife for 3 years, so it isn't much different. Party Poker makes things a little difficult.

turnipmonster
01-26-2005, 12:38 PM
getting married in may. honestly I think it's one of the best decisions I've ever made, I guess we'll see.

--turnipmonster

Shajen
01-26-2005, 12:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd marry her again in a heartbeat. A good woman makes a man better.

Bluffoon
01-26-2005, 12:40 PM
I am in the divorced category.

For me, if everything was right it wouldn't really matter whether I was married or not.

Whether I will ever find that... who knows?

nolanfan34
01-26-2005, 12:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd marry her again in a heartbeat. A good woman makes a man better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto, I consider myself quite lucky.

I don't think marriage is for everyone though.

jakethebake
01-26-2005, 12:46 PM
This should be a poll.

Bluffoon
01-26-2005, 12:51 PM
I did consider it but figured a free exchange of ideas was ok too.

Oh and I am lazy.

Freakin
01-26-2005, 02:49 PM
Getting married this November... my poker bankroll is going to pay for the honeymoon (cause she doesn't want me playing poker after we're married) /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Freakin

PhatTBoll
01-26-2005, 02:51 PM
Getting married is a horrific pain in the ass.

Being married is pretty cool.

jakethebake
01-26-2005, 02:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Getting married this November... my poker bankroll is going to pay for the honeymoon (cause she doesn't want me playing poker after we're married) /images/graemlins/confused.gif
Freakin

[/ QUOTE ]
You've just lost any respect I may have had for you.

Diplomat
01-26-2005, 03:06 PM
Yep, it sure is. I got engaged a month ago, and it's been non-stop ever since.

-Diplomat

Bluffoon
01-26-2005, 03:09 PM
Run

Bluffoon
01-26-2005, 03:10 PM
It's like a license to steal from you.

That's ok. Get used to being broke...

johnnycakes
01-26-2005, 03:13 PM
Yup, I'm getting married in June.

I keep trying to convince her parents to let us elope and give us the money they would spend on the wedding to put towards a house.

I always say this jokingly, but...

vulturesrow
01-26-2005, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Married, definitely would do it again if you are talking about a going back in time sort of deal. However if for some reason I got divorced, I highly doubt I would remarry. I wouldnt have the energy or motivation to devote that much of myself to someone all over again.

Sponger15SB
01-26-2005, 03:16 PM
My stance on marriage is a very cautious one, both my grandparents were divorced, and both of my parents have been divorced twice, with my dad now on his 3rd marriage.

I've been with my current girlfriend for two years, and I'd want like another 3-4 before I'd really consider getting married to her.

I'm so set up for failure its not even funny, and I'd rather be sure of this person than jumping into a marriage that is doomed to failure.

LALDAAS
01-26-2005, 03:20 PM
I am in, but scared /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bluffoon
01-26-2005, 03:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is pretty scary once you have seen how bad it can go isn't it?

vulturesrow
01-26-2005, 03:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My stance on marriage is a very cautious one, both my grandparents were divorced, and both of my parents have been divorced twice, with my dad now on his 3rd marriage.

I've been with my current girlfriend for two years, and I'd want like another 3-4 before I'd really consider getting married to her.

I'm so set up for failure its not even funny, and I'd rather be sure of this person than jumping into a marriage that is doomed to failure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Weird, your family situation (parents divorced twice, dad on third marriage, although actually dear old dad is going through his 3rd divorce as we speak, both sets of grandparents divorced once) is identical to mine. Maybe we are long lost brothers. I understand caution, but dont sell yourself short.

jar
01-26-2005, 03:29 PM
If you're serious, you're an idiot.

Shajen
01-26-2005, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you're serious, you're an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I won't go that far....but Freakin, if poker is something you love to do, why would she want you to stop?

That's bunk, man.

mmbt0ne
01-26-2005, 03:48 PM
I definitely see myself getting married at some point down the line. Not anytime soon though, probably not in the next 8-10 years. I have 4 friends, 2 of whom aren't even old enough to drink, that are all engaged. It's weird man, I'm not down with that right now.

Shajen
01-26-2005, 03:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I definitely see myself getting married at some point down the line. Not anytime soon though, probably not in the next 8-10 years. I have 4 friends, 2 of whom aren't even old enough to drink, that are all engaged. It's weird man, I'm not down with that right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're smarter than your friends.

LALDAAS
01-26-2005, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is pretty scary once you have seen how bad it can go isn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is correct, I watched my parents marriage crumble. My mother totally raped my pops.

Had him locked up for 3 day for terroristic threats( which is bullshit!)

She booted him from his own house.

Allowed him to enter the house with police officers for 15 mins to get some personal iteams and clothes.

Ma dukes didnt continue to pay the mortage on the house (out of spite, pops was sending her cash) so the bank took it. With only 2 or 3 years left to pay on it.

Pops lost his job (company went under) mom demanded half his pension. Immedatily.(taxes are a bitch)

pops allowed mom to keep the new mini van. As a woman, never put oil in it, the engine seized. Mom left it on the side of the turn pike (In NJ a Federal Crime) Pops did another 3 day in lock up. I asked mom why did you do that, She said "its isnt my van."

The list goes on and on .

So years later I ask my mom "what the hell was your problem"

She say "I just didnt want to be married any more."

So am I scared ummmmm yeah, men always get the [censored] end of the stick if the relationship goes sour.