PDA

View Full Version : Pump up pot?

05-14-2002, 03:19 AM
Hi, Have a question about a game earlyer today at $5/$10 ,paradise!

I holding Ad 10d ,limp in first pos. there are 8 players who wants to see flop (No raising)

Flop comes 8d Jd Qs, ill check and the player next to me bet(maniac) ,he got 5 callers including me , turn Ac.. i check ,the maniac bet ,get 3 callers and i check raise (correct?) the maniac reraise and 2 players call,i go ahead an cap it(thinking outs on ace, K and diamonds) river:Q ,i check and show my hand ,the maniac shows up Q9 diamonds, another players show K5 diamonds and the last player much his cards ..

Is it correct to cap the pot with a decent straight draw and nutflush draw on turn? I was thinking there where atleast one other player on flush draw too so i thought great pot if diamonds drop on last ?

05-14-2002, 03:28 AM
I would rather do the check raise on the flop than on the turn, because on the flop you have two chances to hit your many outs. It gets more expensive on the turn as there are still many players in and it's not very clear you have the best hand at the time with a pair ace if unimprove.

05-14-2002, 03:32 AM
Yes, i thought on that ,but didnt want the maniac to reraise on flop and chase all the other players out... when i maximize i usualy do it on flop but with a crazy man left to me i thinking it was best to do it on turn..

05-14-2002, 05:02 AM
Cap the flop and the turn if you cap. You can do this with as little as two opponents.

-MJ

05-14-2002, 01:39 PM
Because someone else could have been easily holding k ten which would have given them the straight. all you had were aces no kicker and on a striaght board no less. I beleive you won that pot by your post but be careful, you could have easily lost as well.

05-14-2002, 03:48 PM
nah, i lost the pot, Q on last gave him trip queens ...i was pretty sure that i had good oppurtunity to take down the pot with my winner hand on turn/ thought wasnt sure how many was on same fluke draw as me, but figured 1 and maybe 2..And the crazy man left to me raised wild all night so i figured i could beat him

05-14-2002, 03:53 PM
definitely cap that. big draw to the nuts and the possibility that you already have the best hand(seems slim but hey, you did didn't you?). With 4 people calling you might be able to reason that your diamonds where a bit slim but still I think you should get as much money as you can into the pot. tough beat.