PDA

View Full Version : 22 UTG - Shortstacked on the Bubble

El Maximo
01-26-2005, 11:20 AM
Big stack was playing very loose. BB was fairly tight.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB (t1190)
Hero (t935)
Button (t2315)
SB (t3560)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif.
Hero ??

etgryphon
01-26-2005, 11:26 AM
Push - You need something to happen with 3xBB and the BB coming through. If you don't get a hand in the next two you will be at 1.5xBB and if you double up you haven't made much ground. I'm going out in a blaze of glory...

Didn't you fold this and spike the 2 on the flop in the other post?

-Gryph

TakeMeToTheRiver
01-26-2005, 11:27 AM
I would push. My thoughts:

(1) You are likely ahead of all three players pre-flop. The only hand you don't want a call from is a bigger pair.

(2) Your stack can still do significant damage to two of the three other stacks.

(3) You will have no power at all after going through the blinds in the next two hands.

El Maximo
01-26-2005, 11:31 AM
Yeah, this was a hand from the longer post. Wanted to break a few of those out for more discussion.

TakeMeToTheRiver
01-26-2005, 11:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
(3) You will have no power at all after going through the blinds in the next two hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Although I see you got lucky and it was folded to you in the BB the very next hand... gave you life.

El Maximo
01-26-2005, 11:44 AM
This may very well be a leak of mine. Kinda why I posted complete bubble play. Since it worked out I probably wouldnt have posted this particular hand. Now that several players pointed it out I need to take a look at it. It seems I have trouble pulling the trigger with small pockets 22-44. I think I got burned with these early in my SNG career and now I may fold them too much.

rachelwxm
01-26-2005, 12:57 PM
Fairly easy push for me.

jeffraider
01-26-2005, 01:25 PM
I'd push it mostly because the BB is the best guy to steal from. He'll need big cards to call, and then you're still a favourite, unless he's got a better pair.

spentrent
01-26-2005, 01:39 PM
Push. I want that loose big stack to call me. Yeah, it will be a race, but that's what I need right now to have a shot at winning the tournament.

TakeMeToTheRiver
01-26-2005, 01:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd push it mostly because the BB is the best guy to steal from. He'll need big cards to call, and then you're still a favourite, unless he's got a better pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interestingly with 22, middle suited connectors (89s, 9Ts, JTs) is a slight favorite over 22... still a coin flip (and he has to know you have the little pair to make his call correct).