PDA

View Full Version : Blinds Stats 5/10 6-MAX, Revisited

lastcoyote
01-26-2005, 11:05 AM
I know there was a thread a month or so ago discussing how much people were losing in the blinds. I couldn't find it so I'm looking for some help. I think my BB loss rate is killing me.

Am I not raising enough when I have hand that warrants it? Any other suggestions?

http://www.freedish.net/images/blinds.jpg

lastcoyote
01-26-2005, 11:45 AM
I found the thread I was thinking of. It's here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=headsup&Number=1504550&For um=,f8,&Words=blinds&Searchpage=1&Limit=25&Main=15 03153&Search=true&where=sub&Name=&daterange=1&newe rval=1&newertype=m&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=# Post1504550) for anyone that missed it.

It looks like my -.19 BB/hand from the BB is a bit below average.

Victor
01-26-2005, 03:30 PM
dude....your blind play is the least of your worries. you gotta loosen up on the button and co.

Lmn55d
01-26-2005, 04:08 PM
Hey man, my stats look pretty close to yours in terms of BB/100 for each position...my BB/100 from position 2 is about half of what it is from the other positions (after 35k hands). Does anyone know why this is?

lastcoyote
01-26-2005, 04:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you gotta loosen up on the button and co.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I really want to be a 23 - 25 VPIP overall and 15 PFR. Looking at my stats, it seems like I have tightened up a bit in the last couple of weeks. I'm not sure if the cards are running colder for me or I'm getting a little gun shy from some bad days.

I feel like I would need to be cold calling a lot more from the later positions to bring VPIP up. It's something I am going to work on. I've been throwing a lot of small pocket pairs when facing a raise late. Is that a leak?

lastcoyote
01-26-2005, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
BB/100 from position 2 is about half of what it is from the other positions (after 35k hands). Does anyone know why this is?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that position 2 phenomenon is pretty interesting. I don't have an explanation outside of small sample size variance. However, your 35K hands are a much larger sample than I have.

wahooriver
01-26-2005, 09:51 PM
Interesting - my CO stats are about half the other non-blind data.

35k hands - 10k 1/2 the remainder 5/10

I apologize for not being able to make html work for this table.

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
&lt;TABLE BORDER=2&gt;
&lt;TR&gt;
&lt;TH&gt;Position&lt;/TH&gt;
&lt;TH&gt; VP$IP&lt;/TH&gt;
&lt;TH&gt; BB/hand&lt;/TH&gt;
&lt;/TR&gt;
&lt;TR&gt;
&lt;TD&gt;BB&lt;/TD&gt;
&lt;TD&gt;31.7%&lt;/TD&gt;
&lt;TD&gt;0.15&lt;/TD&gt;
&lt;/TR&gt;
&lt;TR&gt;
&lt;TD&gt;CO&lt;/TD&gt;
&lt;TD&gt;25.9%&lt;/TD&gt;
&lt;TD&gt;0.06&lt;/TD&gt;
&lt;/TR&gt;
&lt;TR&gt;
&lt;TD&gt;MP2&lt;/TD&gt;
&lt;TD&gt;24.4%&lt;/TD&gt;
&lt;TD&gt;0.11&lt;/TD&gt;
&lt;/TR&gt;
&lt;TR&gt;
&lt;TD&gt;MP3&lt;/TD&gt;
&lt;TD&gt;23.8%&lt;/TD&gt;
&lt;TD&gt;0.11&lt;/TD&gt;
&lt;/TR&gt;
&lt;TR&gt;
&lt;TD&gt;BB&lt;/TD&gt;
&lt;TD&gt;19.1%&lt;/TD&gt;
&lt;TD&gt;(0.14)&lt;/TD&gt;
&lt;/TR&gt;
&lt;TR&gt;
&lt;TD&gt;SB&lt;/TD&gt;
&lt;TD&gt;35%&lt;/TD&gt;
&lt;TD&gt;(0.01)&lt;/TD&gt;
&lt;/TR&gt;
</pre><hr />
I think my small blind data are better than many because I am very aggressive here. I do not understand the CO data - but suspect that the variance is great enough to not be that meaningful.