PDA

View Full Version : AJo in the Big blind.

afk
01-26-2005, 10:04 AM
Blegh. I need a kick in the ass here. As I said in my other thread my game has become weak-tight blah blah blah.

1st limper I don't know anything about. 2nd limper is a "Taz" but he's not thaaaaaaat crazy. SB is the best of the bunch, a bit loose but not all that aggressive.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Oooof. At least one bad limper, a tightish in the SB most likely trying to get in for cheap. Missed an easy raise?

Flop: (4 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 folds, SB calls.

Pretty straight forward flop.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero... (bets until he's shown a reason not to? What's your line for the river when you get called, keep betting? - I think this is where my game has sort of fallen apart)

Harv72b
01-26-2005, 11:26 AM
...bets until he's shown a reason not to. There are a ton of draws present on this board that would have merited a flop call, several of which are also worth a call on the turn.

For the same reason, I think a check/call works on the river, assuming you aren't raised here &amp; a scare card doesn't show. No-one is likely to call with a worse hand on this board, but you could get someone to bet with A high, small pockets, or even a J with a weaker kicker. Of course you have to rethink that if MP1 bets and SB calls.

MarkD
01-26-2005, 11:36 AM
Pre-flop is fine. It's an easy raise with AK, it's a good raise with AQ, but checking with AJ is fine.

Flop bet is ok - although not mandatory. The board is very draw heavy so chances are good that you are going to get called and you won't really know where you are at. If you bet the flop here you are basically going to showdown if it doesn't come down bad.

From the above statement the turn is now an easy bet. You aren't going to check/fold so you should bet. You really don't know where you are at in the hand at this point though but it's not certain you are beat. The river play depends on the card that comes down and who is left in the hand.

afk
01-26-2005, 03:54 PM
Thanks for the replies.

I checked the turn, it got checked around. Caught a jack on the river. SB bet, I raised, other guy folded sb called and showed A8/images/graemlins/spade.gif and MHIG.

spydog
01-26-2005, 04:13 PM
Bet the flop, bet the turn. Bet-fold the river if a spade hits. Check-call if a brick hits (bluff induction).