PDA

View Full Version : Q Q ON THE BUTTON

rjduo1
01-26-2005, 08:55 AM
was in a small tournament yesterday....60 freeze out...live...blinds just went to 25 50..i was on the button with Q Q..UTG raises 150...folded around to me..i raised him 200 more he reraised me..i had a strong feeling he didn't have me beat ..i figured him for A K.....i decided to push him. i went all in...he called me...i was almost right...he had A Q of diamonds...lol...he hit an ace on the flop plus that he made his flush..oh well..i was left with 350...just want some input...should i of folded after his reraise? or did i make a good call with queens..thanks rob

zaxx19
01-26-2005, 09:51 AM
Stack sizes...Structure...alot more info needed.

sfwusc
01-26-2005, 10:24 AM
other info is needed, but look at it this way.

You are a 65% favorite preflop getting 1:1 payoff. If he would have told you i have AQ all in would you have called? Yes. I think you played fine(assuming you are playing to win). If you were playing for a place, then other info is needed.

I will go all in on the 1st hand if I have the best hand. If they suckout so be it.

SWUSC

rjduo1
01-26-2005, 10:37 AM
sorry i didn't give more info on the situation..it was relativly early in the tournament..the blinds just went up..we started with 2000 in chips..at the time of my call i had 2075..when he called my all in i still had 350 left over..and yes i play to win..thanks rob

zaxx19
01-26-2005, 10:51 AM
KK auto push with a smile. With QQ Im taking my time...and taking a long look at my opponent...and then probably call because it think its like 50-50 really and there is money already in there. Plus a doubleup in a smallish tourney like this would be fairly huge for you and your EV for the tourney.

DonButtons
01-26-2005, 11:41 AM
Good push...

AQs is want you want him to turn over, results wise that sucks but you can't look at poker that way. Just think about it in the long term sense. You will win that hand 65-70% of the time, and will lose 30% of the time.

rjduo1
01-26-2005, 01:15 PM
thanks for your comments...i wish i came here to two plus two much sooner..i use to go to rec.gambling.com but there it seems all people wrote were bs politic posts..or someone was crying about this bad beat or that bad beat..if anyone asked play questions i rarely if ever seen responses..i'm going to enjoy it here..thanks alot..rob d

joeboe2001
01-26-2005, 01:47 PM
Bless, you Zaxx. A man who isn't afraid to call!

I would have done the same, gotten out once the A came up.