PDA

View Full Version : "Minimum" system requirements

gorgeous
01-26-2005, 08:16 AM
Party lists their minimum system requirements as:
Windows 95/98/NT4/XP/ME or 2000
Pentium system with at least 32MB of RAM (64 MB required if you want to see the animations also)
Sound card if you're into hearing our audio
Screen resolution of at least 800 X 600 pixels with minimum of 256 colors

But I'm curious to see what system specs are needed to play comfortably. Anyone here on a 500MHz 128mb RAM system or less?

Dangergirl
01-26-2005, 02:00 PM
This can depend if you are running pokertracker and gametime or playerview. If you are running gametime and this system, the lag might be intolerable. But if you are just going to play at a table with nothing extra then there shouldn't be a problem.

CORed
01-26-2005, 02:23 PM
Late in 2003, one of Party's "upgrades" made their client unplayable on my old system. This system was pretty close to their stated minimum requirements. It was a Pentium 166 with 128 megabytes of ram, Windows 95, and a 28.8 dialup connection. Until that particular upgrade, I had had few problems playing on Party with that system, but after that upgrade, I started getting riduculously long lag time, and often the tables would become completetly unresponsive, and I would time out. I cashed out of Party and bought a new Dell system. 2.6Ghz processor, 512 mb ram, 56K modem. The Party client worked fine again. I soon got a DSL instead of a dialup, but Party worked pretty well even with the dialup.

As a general rule, if you run software on a system that just meets the "minimum" requirements, you'll get crappy performance. It is usually better to conform to the "reccomended" system. I don't recall if Party lists a "reccomended" system requirement, but the faster processo and the more memory, the better, especially if you want to run other applications like Poker Tracker and Game Time or Player View at the same tiem.