PDA

View Full Version : Do you go for coinflips?

AncientPC
01-26-2005, 04:44 AM

mason55
01-26-2005, 04:48 AM
If we are assuming perfectly 50/50 and no dead money, are we assuming no rake as well? Sure why not lets gamble, if I have the BR for it.

If it's a real world scenario, I'll gamble with the underpair for the dead money if it's a fair amount but try not to run overcards vs an underpair all in. It all depends on how sure I am and how much dead money is up for grabs.

mythrilfox
01-26-2005, 04:51 AM
This question is so dependent on so many factors. How do you know it's a coinflip? I'd be much less likely to "call" a coinflip than I would be to push a coinflip. For one, calling has no folding equity, and for two, you really can't be assured you're in a coinflip situation. In a good game you're generally behind if you call all your chips in the middle with AK.

However, this question is one of variance. If you can stand variance, then you should look for situations that are most "likely" coinflips, but occasionally you will have them dominated. That's where the profit will emerge.

mythrilfox
01-26-2005, 04:52 AM
Oh, and you're very rarely going to find yourself in a situation where there is no dead money in the center. Usually it will come from a series of raises and re-raises, in which case a call is a no brainer since you've invested money in the pot.

It's not like some dude is open-pushing without aces. I'm folding AK or QQ to an open-push.

lapoker17
01-26-2005, 04:55 AM
If you're playing a capped buy in game and can afford it, getting into some coinflips early in your session is smart.

Sephus
01-26-2005, 05:08 AM
it depends on stack sizes, whichever helps me cover more fish. i'm not "too" worried about variance.

DBowling
01-26-2005, 05:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you're playing a capped buy in game and can afford it, getting into some coinflips early in your session is smart.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this.

I dont think you can really tell you are a coinflip preflop with much certainty. However there are times you may flop an OESFD and there isnt much dead money but youve got somebody who likes his hand (probable overpair). Youre about a coinflip, and yea, ill take it to build up my stack and hopefully bust someone with a large stack later in the game