PDA

View Full Version : Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Sophia
01-26-2005, 04:19 AM

AncientPC
01-26-2005, 04:21 AM
I thought it was usually 3/6 full -> 5/10 short -> 15/30.

You have the bankroll, as long as you're willing to drop back down if it doesn't work out I say go for it.

Sophia
01-26-2005, 04:24 AM

bisonbison
01-26-2005, 05:15 AM
Given that you're really crushing the Party 3/6 game, I don't doubt that you could beat the higher games. I don't know how many tables you're playing, but if you've been datamining the 15 game, I don't see why couldn't mix in a 15 table or two and see how you do.

Sophia
01-26-2005, 05:18 AM

Schneids
01-26-2005, 05:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I thought it was usually 3/6 full -> 5/10 short -> 15/30.

You have the bankroll, as long as you're willing to drop back down if it doesn't work out I say go for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just not a huge fan of shorthanded poker. I think I am pretty good at it, but I really don't know. My BB/100 at 1-2 6max while working off bonuses is 11/100 over 2200 hands, but I have absolutely no idea if I could play 5-10 6max with any kind of real proficiency. I suppose I could try ...

[/ QUOTE ]

You should try it first because you will be faced with more HU and steal-resteal type situations in 15/30, so, it would be prudent to get comfortable with these for a cheaper price.

bicyclekick
01-26-2005, 12:01 PM
The only thing I'd say is your leak thread scared me. I don't think you're ready.

dogmeat
01-26-2005, 01:16 PM
Your numbers are great. From what I read, you made almost the same amount at $5/$10 as at $3/$6 overall, so the games may be "rotten" as you put it, but $25 at $5/$10 per 100 is more than $24 at $3/$6.

Beyond that, you have a decent bankroll, you might as well take the $15/$30 for a test drive. IMHO you should take a few thousand and give it a shot. Why not? Certainly your almost 6BB/100 at $3/$6 qualifies you for that.

FWIW, I would not expect those $3/$6 numbers to stay that high.

Dogmeat /images/graemlins/spade.gif

MEbenhoe
01-26-2005, 01:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The only thing I'd say is your leak thread scared me. I don't think you're ready.

[/ QUOTE ]

Listen to this man, he knows what he's talking about.

arkady
01-26-2005, 01:59 PM
Most of these samples are meaningless, although overall it does sound like there is some competent play...a lot of these win rates are trivial.

aflaba
01-26-2005, 02:07 PM
I think you can try it out if you want to. I myself tried to make the move from 3/6 to 15/30 a few monts ago. I posted a thread here on 2+2 (with user name anstisa) and got warned by bicyclekick just as you have been. Only the warning I got was a little harsher. Unlike you, if I remember it correctly, I had been winning for like 3BB/100hands over 8000 hands...

I understood it was going to be tougher. It was too. I lost 100BB before I realized I was getting outplayed. Just as it had been forseen by the 2+2ers. Life's tough. I still don't regret it though. I lost some money, but I saw how much more I had to learn and it got me more motivated to learn how to play better.

From your stats I'm sure you are a better player than I was, and I don't think it is impossible to make the jump. I have heard others have made the move successfully.

It can be a good leap in profits if you make it from 3/6. But you could try 10/20 instead. To get more experience with aggressive short handed games.

I feel like I've been rambling here, but what I want to say is I think it is ok for you to try, just as long as you are ready to step down if things don't go good. Also if you are not in too much of a hurry it might be good to keep playing some 5/10 and 10/20 to get more short handed experince.

I really don't know. I'm not 15/30 material yet :-)

stinkypete
01-26-2005, 02:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it probably would have scared me too, but some genius posted a 5000 foot wide link in it so i couldn't read it :P

SunOfBeach
01-26-2005, 03:03 PM
if youre going to datamine for a month first anyway, why not mix in some (alot?) of 5-10 6max during that time? i found it to be all the difference in the world...

BottlesOf
01-26-2005, 03:18 PM
I think making this leap is bad. Not b/c of a lack of ability but emotionally dealing with swings that are well beyond what you're used to.

AviD
01-26-2005, 03:42 PM
15/30 downswings are funnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!
When will it change mommy, when will it change?!?!?! /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Umm yeah I'm suckin on a nasty downswing right now...its g00t!

sthief09
01-26-2005, 04:12 PM
I'd definitely give 6-max a try. 15/30 just feels like playing a completely different game from 3/6. 5/10 and 10/20 6-max are a nice way to learn to deal with completely overaggressive retardation without having to face $30 big bets in the process. I'm sure you have a nice base, but there are going to be a lot of situations you've never played before. you're going to get semibluffed, BS'ed, and stop n go'ed like crazy at 15/30, and it's helpful to know how to deal with it. while 15k is enough to play, it's not really enough to take a nasty hit while learning. you're also going to have to learn to deal with the swings. $1000 is no longer 167 BB's. it's 33, and you'll regularly lose that much over 50-75 hand spands. at 4 tables, that's 15 minutes.

the game is also not nearly as easy as everyone makes it out to be. that's not to say the players there play well, but their loose-aggressiveness makes things really though. raising UTG and getting cold called by 3 LAG's may be profitable, but it's not easy when you flop a gut shot, bet, and it comes back for 2 more bets. their aggressive nature makes them very good at value betting, which makes it a lot tougher to pick off bluffs. often you'll fire 2 barrels with AK, and have your opponent bet 22 unimproved on the river.

bicyclekick
01-26-2005, 04:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it probably would have scared me too, but some genius posted a 5000 foot wide link in it so i couldn't read it :P

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I know, I felt real bad for that. So annoying but I can't go back and edit it. I went back shortly after yet it was still too late. My bad guys.

pokerjo22
01-26-2005, 04:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Most of these samples are meaningless, although overall it does sound like there is some competent play...a lot of these win rates are trivial.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get what you're saying - she has 110k hands at 3/6. you don't think thats enough to determine a win rate?

bicyclekick
01-26-2005, 04:34 PM
after further review of your stats, there is a better chance than I gave you before that you are close to ready for 15/30. I would definately play some 10/20 6max while you datamine the 15/30 for a month. Don't go balls to the wall in 15/30 though. Play 1 or 2 tables for awhile to get used to the texture, it's much different.

Having that data is super important I think.

greg nice
01-26-2005, 04:36 PM
winrates are overrated.

BottlesOf
01-26-2005, 04:41 PM
I got beat up too much, I'm playin 5/10 6max and chargin back to 15K. At this point I should reach it sometime in 2007.

sthief09
01-26-2005, 04:47 PM
not so much when it's backed by 110,000 hands

sthief09
01-26-2005, 04:48 PM
just curious... female, claims to have a ridiculous winrate, writes well, registered after the demise of CinnamonWind. interesting... not jumping to any conclusions though

adamstewart
01-26-2005, 05:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
just curious... female, claims to have a ridiculous winrate, writes well, registered after the demise of CinnamonWind. interesting... not jumping to any conclusions though

[/ QUOTE ]

Well played sthief!!

This thread is surprisingly similar to one of CinnamonWind's opening posts:

Link Here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1327178&page=&view=&sb=5& o=&vc=1)

And further... something doesn't add up when I compare Sophia's outstanding, long-lived winrates with her recent "Common Leaks" post. Weird.

...I'm not jumping to conclusions either though....

Adam

sthief09
01-26-2005, 05:10 PM
ok, Sophia is officially CinnamonWind. look at the creative title names: "my leaks, your leaks, his leaks, her leaks" and Reading Players, or "How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the LAG" (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1376273&page=&view=&s b=5&o=). their writing styles are also IDENTICAL, and Sophia showed up 2 weeks after CinnamonWind was exiled from 2+2. Sophia is also as cocky and argumentative as CinnamonWind

adamstewart
01-26-2005, 05:18 PM
I loved that thread ...very entertaining.

Note: there were also references to CinnamonWind being "Lansaing" and "PuppyKicker."

Adam

BottlesOf
01-26-2005, 05:20 PM
Jump to conclusions I say. If a poster pisses me off, and it falls into a specific pattern of pissing me off, I put them on a range of trolls and do some Bayesian ish. Lansing, amulet, CinnamonWind, etc.

AviD
01-26-2005, 05:22 PM
Heh, I was running OK for awhile and then ran into a wall...been an ugly couple of weeks, figure I should begin my upswing sometime before the leaves drop next fall.

sfer
01-26-2005, 05:24 PM
Don't be a jerk. I used to post as Abdul. Oops. That should be a secret.

James282
01-26-2005, 05:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought she sounded familiar.
-James

ChicagoTroy
01-26-2005, 05:54 PM
Not only is it the same poster, I think it's the same person from another S&C related forum. Very creepy guy.

Sophia
01-26-2005, 06:00 PM

bugstud
01-26-2005, 06:45 PM
check the archives...there have been a couple of posters that come on here, claim they're awesome because they're XBB/100 and then get defenseive when asked to substantiate it, or play a hand badly.

emonrad87
01-26-2005, 06:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The light just went on. I KNEW there was SOMETHING about sophia. After the arguments and thoughts presented in that leaks thread, there is no way I can believe this win rate. Or, in fact, this number of hands, espeically since she constantly claims to be a poker n00b.

adamstewart
01-26-2005, 07:07 PM
It is too obvious that Sophia is CinnamonWind (Stop trying to play dumb, Sophia... the gig is up).

Here are some points as proof to get you started:

1. Sophia registered here shortly after CinnamonWind's last post (a rather argumentative one at that).

2. Both are female.

3. Both tend to "Quote" a poster's entire post when responding to them (look at the archives, you'll see a pattern).

4. Both use similarly creative, long titles for their posts and have similar styles or writing.

5. Compare both poster VERY FIRST post/threads: (Pay particular attention the the Introduction... as well as having TWO SEPERATE PARTY AND EMPIRE ACCOUNTS THAT HAVE NOT BEEN COLLABORATED ON THE POSTER'S POKERTRACKER:

Sophia's First Post (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1435419&page=&view=&sb=5& o=&vc=1)
CinnamonWild's first post (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1327178&page=&view=&sb=5& o=&vc=1)

6. Both are Canadian and like to comment on there being no tax on poker in Canada:
See here for CinnamonWild (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=holdem&Number=1338190& Forum=f2&Words=Canadian&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main =1338190&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=22388&date range=1&newerval=1&newertype=y&olderval=&oldertype =&bodyprev=#Post1338190)
See here for Sophia (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=genpok&Number=1603683& Forum=,All_Forums,&Words=&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Ma in=1551643&Search=true&where=&Name=23984&daterange =&newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodypr ev=#Post1603683)

7. Both think Omaha 8 is a very "lucky" game (this is an especially odd considence, don't you think?):
Sophia on O8 (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=genpok&Number=1571743& Forum=,,,,All_Forums,,,,&Words=&Searchpage=3&Limit =25&Main=1571743&Search=true&where=&Name=23984&dat erange=&newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=& bodyprev=#Post1571743)
CinnamonWild on O8 (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=genpok&Number=1373207& Forum=,,All_Forums,,&Words=&Searchpage=1&Limit=25& Main=1373207&Search=true&where=&Name=22388&dateran ge=&newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&body prev=#Post1373207)

8. Neither post very many of their own hands, but when they do post one...IT'S ALWAYS A HAND THEY'VE WON!

I'm sure there are many more...but this is enough proof for me.

What's really weird is that I've found these coinciding and repeated threads by both aliases... who would want to have the same converations twice!?!?! Wierd.

Anyway Sophia...step it up to 15/30... YOU'RE READY!! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Adam

BottlesOf
01-26-2005, 07:08 PM
CW:

http://www.geocities.com/anothersonganddance/owned.jpg

adamstewart
01-26-2005, 07:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The light just went on. I KNEW there was SOMETHING about sophia. After the arguments and thoughts presented in that leaks thread, there is no way I can believe this win rate. Or, in fact, this number of hands, espeically since she constantly claims to be a poker n00b.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly....see my "proof post" below...

Adam

Sophia
01-26-2005, 07:24 PM

ChicagoTroy
01-26-2005, 07:33 PM
They even use the word "frankly" in the same way in the o8 threads.

adamstewart
01-26-2005, 07:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know *anything* about websites or even how to post a picture, but when I figure it out perhaps I'll post my last bunch of hands for you and you can all see the winrates.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice avatar... did "your friend" help you with it??

Oh, and don't try to miscontrue this into a debate on sexism. No one is codemning you for being a female. We were merely pointing out yet another relatively uncommon simlarity between you and Cinnamo...er... you.

BTW, I went to a lot of trouble with that post below and all the links.... no comment from you? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Adam

Sophia
01-26-2005, 07:54 PM

BottlesOf
01-26-2005, 07:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I do not believe that this would be happening to a man.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooops. There's another mistake. Being overly sensitive about your gender. CW said the EXACT same thing.

emonrad87
01-26-2005, 08:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think I have ever done anything on here to offend anyone (other than being a woman who plays poker well, it seems).

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, you have. After i posted an innocuous "the best place for this would be the correct forum" you responded: [ QUOTE ]
Emonrad is just one of the many dicks you see on every message board who feels the need to be hyper pedantic and board-cop everyone. Then when you call him on it, he explains things to you line by line so that you know he's mature and serious, all the while claiming he was only saying what he said for the good of the board and for your own education. Don't pay any attention to him--he's comic book guy (Simpsons) on a poker forum, as are at least 50% of the posters here. Now he's likely going to respond to me (and others like him) and try to educate me as well, I suppose, but since I've actually been here a while, I find it easy to ignore him and his ilk.

[/ QUOTE ] ( Link (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=holdem&Number=1566517&Foru m=,,,,All_Forums,,,,&Words=&Searchpage=3&Limit=25& Main=1560095&Search=true&where=&Name=23984&dateran ge=&newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&body prev=#Post1566517) )

And the notion that this is all sexist is complete crap. Yes, in your case, we would not be saying it if you weren't a woman - but that is because the person we know you are was also a woman. You see? We truly don't get that many women on here, and it DOES make it obvious when two Canadian women type AND act the same way.

Oh, and if you want verification, PM me your party SN's. Im sure in all the hands you've played at 3/6 I will have played against you. In fact, I'm sure MANY of the posters have. That would end the debate.

Koller
01-26-2005, 08:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
We posted about 2 similar things, one of which is uniquely Canadian and the other being a comment many people make (how lucky O8 is).

[/ QUOTE ]

3 (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1572180&page=&view=&sb=5& o=&vc=1)

J.R.
01-26-2005, 08:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It really is pretty pathetic to see someone spend that much time on internet sleuthing.

[/ QUOTE ]

So true!! That's almost as bad as someone bragging about the large size of both their winrate and bankroll under the guise of an "I'm so confused, should I take my superhuman poker skills to a higher limit or keep on crushing these pesky smaller stakes" post.

Sophia
01-26-2005, 08:06 PM

Sophia
01-26-2005, 08:10 PM

adamstewart
01-26-2005, 08:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We posted about 2 similar things, one of which is uniquely Canadian and the other being a comment many people make (how lucky O8 is).

[/ QUOTE ]

3 (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1572180&page=&view=&sb=5& o=&vc=1)

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO.

Great find!

Very similar to CW's "Saturday night Drunken LAG" hand where she exemplified some truly exceptional "reads."

Oh ya, and notice how Sophia WON YET ANOTHER HAND THAT SHE POSTED.... just like good ol' CW.

Adam

bicyclekick
01-26-2005, 08:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I get the feeling quite a few of you are jealous of the winrates and lashing out mindlessly.

[/ QUOTE ]

nobody is jealous of your 3/6 winrate.

Shillx
01-26-2005, 08:43 PM
CW posted that the 5/10 players were loose-tight (loose PF and tight postflop). I have never heard the term "loose-tight" before. This is only the 2nd player who has mentioned it. Hmmmm....

Brad

BottlesOf
01-26-2005, 08:54 PM
Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!

kurosh
01-26-2005, 09:02 PM
I moved up from 2/4 to 15/30 with no problem. Start with only one table and concentrate on it.

bigmac366
01-26-2005, 09:11 PM
i think 110,000 is fairly accurate too. love the avatar by the way! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

roundhouse
01-26-2005, 09:17 PM
Great thread guys. Not.

Sophia, I haven't read your other posts and I can't be ar*ed trawling through a zillion other posts to see if your writing style matches some previous poster I never came across. Frankly I don't care. But seeing someone baited nags some small do-gooder part of my brain and draws my lazy hands to the keyboard... If I were you I'd stop reading this thread as of now. I believe you got some sensible answers out of it earlier. Get on with your life.

RH

Tosh
01-26-2005, 09:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i think 110,000 is fairly accurate too. love the avatar by the way! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'd definitely say that its going to be within 1BB/100 more often than not.

sthief09
01-26-2005, 09:27 PM
CinnamonWind also played the sex card on us, saying that we're jealous that a woman poker player plays well...

IndieMatty
01-26-2005, 11:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Emonrad is just one of the many dicks you see on every message board who feels the need to be hyper pedantic and board-cop everyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

PEDANTIC!!!!!!! ITS TRUE ITS TRUE!! Whats up kitten!? We've missed you!

adamstewart
01-26-2005, 11:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Emonrad is just one of the many dicks you see on every message board who feels the need to be hyper pedantic and board-cop everyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

PEDANTIC!!!!!!! ITS TRUE ITS TRUE!! Whats up kitten!? We've missed you!

[/ QUOTE ]

Good one!!

Link Here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=smallholdem&Number=137 6641&Forum=All_Forums&Words=pedantic&Searchpage=0& Limit=25&Main=1376273&Search=true&where=bodysub&Na me=&daterange=1&newerval=1&newertype=y&olderval=&o ldertype=&bodyprev=#Post1376641)

I think I'm becoming a "link-master" .... I love that search function. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Adam

Voltron87
01-27-2005, 12:04 AM
ahahahahahahahha... I just read this boring ass thread for 30 replies then all of a sudden it gets awesome.

As for your SNG confidence statement...

[ QUOTE ]
I play limit SnGs for 10-50 and I finish in the money 65% of the time (over 58 tourneys so far), winning 25%. I feel like I might have the game for a higher limit.

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif
And it isn't even close.

kendal14
01-27-2005, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh, and if you want verification, PM me your party SN's. Im sure in all the hands you've played at 3/6 I will have played against you. In fact, I'm sure MANY of the posters have. That would end the debate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just found this drama thread and against all better judgement am curious to the end result. Was any verification done?

kendal14
01-27-2005, 03:50 PM
For what it's worth. I'm not sure I understand all the hostility and suspicion either. However, I do think based on your original post topic that you ar better equipped the most to make the jump, but would definitely take the advice of the first reply'ers (before this thread became "Cinnamon Wind of our Lives").

I read some of the Cinnamon posts and saw some of the drama related to one of the posts referenced above, but I would hope that if the Internet Sherlock's are wrong that you do not make you hate everyone here at 2+2.

As you have said, if you must lurk... lurk. Great information and learning here... but as with any other community... or online community in particular there are difference of opinions, heated arguments, scandals, and just plain 'ol awful people.

Good luck with your poker and channel you anger into some extra BB winnings at whatever level you play.

sthief09
01-27-2005, 03:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just found this drama thread and against all better judgement am curious to the end result. Was any verification done?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, but we did chase it out of 2+2

AviD
01-27-2005, 04:09 PM
Did I miss something extremely important relative to why everyone cares so much?

This seems to be getting alot of attention and people going into ridiculous analysis, for what reason? Is is really that important?

Someone fill me in?!? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

edtost
01-27-2005, 04:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't be a jerk. I used to post as Abdul. Oops. That should be a secret.

[/ QUOTE ]

i always thought you were the second coming of sredni vashtar......

surfdoc
01-27-2005, 06:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I get the feeling quite a few of you are jealous of the winrates and lashing out mindlessly.

[/ QUOTE ]

nobody is jealous of your 3/6 winrate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Especially when it is totally BS