PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice

snowmen
01-26-2005, 01:54 AM
I have been playing online poker for one year , limit , no limit , pot limit , mtt's and sng's. I made my best winning rate playing sng's at Party. I am just a student so i cashed out the money. I have a new 115$ bankroll and i am playing low limit and no limit games. I need some advice to make this bankroll bigger , i would like to play 1/2 limit games at Party but need about 800$ to play that limit games. I know all the basics about the game , i have read Winning Low Limit , Hold'em for advanced players and Internet Hold'em poker, so i know more or less the game. I write this post because i lost about 100$ today by playing limit , nl , and 2 mtt's. I think i have discipline enough to not lose my bankroll and start to play loose but suddenly i started to lose and it does not stop.All of your advice will be welcome. I am playing now at Fulltilt (because of the bonus) and the objective is 1/2 limit games at party. Thanks all

Pepsquad
01-26-2005, 02:18 AM
Assuming you are a winning player, you just did not start with a sufficient bankroll and the loss of your entire roll today could simply be due to a bad run of cards. With $100 bankroll, you cannot play above .25/.50 (and even this is really pushing it) until you generate the 300BB roll for the $1/$2 game.

snowmen
01-26-2005, 02:23 AM
I will die playing those limits /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Slim Pickens
01-26-2005, 02:31 AM
Reading the books doesn't mean you understand them, or the game. I am in the process of learning that the easy way; that is, having expert forum members call out my stupid posts rather than having to continually pay money at the tables. Sometimes books contradict each other, and some are no good at all. Post hand histories, and comment on those others post. Most of the time you will be wrong, and if you're lucky, someone will set you straight.

It wouldn't surprise me if a 90th-percentile online holdem player had less than 10% of the skill of a 99th-percentile online player. Most of those 1%-ers are probably here so listen to them.

Slim

PS: I am NOT one of them, so maybe you shouldn't listen to me.

snowmen
01-26-2005, 02:53 AM
Thanks but i am a winning player but with a very low bakroll to deal with.I just want to know how to get a bigger bankroll with the less possible risk.

AncientPC
01-26-2005, 03:22 AM
Keep winning and don't cash out.

Play Omaha or Omaha Hi/Lo.

Slim Pickens
01-26-2005, 04:57 AM
You are probably a much better player than I am. I'm just saying your risk of ruin is lower the better you play.

Slim

pzhon
01-26-2005, 08:21 AM
It is a bad idea to play at Full Tilt because of its bonus. That bonus is only a partial return of the rake you pay. Other bonuses are much more generous. The Cryptologic bonuses give you back the blinds you pay. Try William Hill, find a slow full table, and get $45 for 5 table-hours each month.

If you are a winning SNG player, then with $100 you have the bankroll to play $5 and perhaps $10 SNGs. You also have the bankroll to play penny-ante NL. If making less than minimum wage doesn't suit you, get a job and make a real deposit.

Once you have about $300, you can comfortably play the 6 Cryptologic sites for $315/month in bonuses for 35 table-hours.

AncientPC
01-26-2005, 10:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Try William Hill, find a slow full table, and get $45 for 5 table-hours each month.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a redundant statement. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

snowmen
01-28-2005, 03:44 PM
Well , i managed to recover all my lost money playing my best game at sng's. I am 200$ again plus 3 :P. I think i am going to keep playing sng's , but the points are gained very slowly.