PDA

View Full Version : Is this a bad Push?

NORM77
01-26-2005, 01:52 AM
Party Poker $25 buy in (6 Max)

Im on the Button with KK.... I have $60, Every One Limps to me I raise it $3, CO has $40, and reraises it to $10.

I Push All in...

Would any one do differently in this spot?

PoBoy321
01-26-2005, 01:54 AM
So he limp re-raises from the CO? In that case, I call and expect to see QQ or worse. If he has AA, it's a helluva weird way to play it.

PoBoy321
01-26-2005, 02:09 AM
Whoops, sorry, I meant to say push and expect to see QQ or worse.

PokerCat69
01-26-2005, 02:16 AM
Push is Fine, sometimes I'll reraise the guy $10 and then once he is pot comitted push on the flop.

NORM77
01-26-2005, 02:31 AM
Thanks for the feedback,

He called my push rather quickly, and showed the dreaded Aces...

If I min raise his reraise, and he pushes, does any one consider folding?

Party Poker Gods were against me on this one, Im just wondering If i could have played or should have played this hand a bit more carefully considering this guy was the only guy at the table that could take a good size chunk out of my stack?

PoBoy321
01-26-2005, 02:37 AM
Actually, I just realized something. This was 6 max right? So the CO is really like UTG + 1, right? What was the texture of the table? Would he expect a raise behind him where he could pop you back afterwards? I'm not saying that I'd lay down kings in your situation, I'm just curious.

NORM77
01-26-2005, 02:41 AM
He was loose aggressive as well as another player, the table was lively but for the most part there had been a lot of limping... I my self was playing pretty tight and had not been raising many pots, in other words, there was no way he was counting on me doing the raising for him.

aiel
01-26-2005, 03:24 AM
I used to care but at the party $25, anytime someone reraises me and i have KK and 50xbb stack, its an instant push. No regrets. Yes i have been whacked by AA but I've seen all types of hands flipped over from 1010-AA, AK, AQ etc.

If we both had big stacks like $100, I slow down and try to play for a smaller pot if possible.

TheWorstPlayer
01-26-2005, 04:02 AM
He limps, you raise, he re-raises. What hands do you put him on? I say most likely AA/KK/QQ/garbage/maybe lower pairs. But it depends on the opponent. And the likelihood of each category depends on the opponent.

You push. What hands can he put you on? AA/KK/maybe QQ. That is WAY too narrow a range. There is no way that he can make a mistake against you. He is folding a small pair, he is folding garbage, he is folding QQ probably, he is calling AA/KK. If you just call, then your range of hands stays much wider. Probably AA/KK/QQ/JJ/AK/AQ maybe even lower pocket pairs or AJs or whatever. So, you will probably lose the same amount to AA, but you will get a lot more out of hands like QQ or JJ if you just call and don't push.

AncientPC
01-26-2005, 04:46 AM
Party NL 25 vs limp reraise from CO? Push. They probably have a small or PP and are trying to win the dead money in the pot, if not they hope you have overs and it's a race.

NORM77
01-26-2005, 03:05 PM
Thats a good point.

Thanks.

NORM77
01-26-2005, 07:18 PM
I guess that is my question... Strategically speaking when I have a Premium Hand like KK and am playing against a deep stack, should I be playing aggressively and trying to win his stack or should I be playing carefully and protecting my stack... Im sure this depends on reads as well.

amoeba
01-26-2005, 07:22 PM
I've seen dumb limp reraises from the button with AA.

But most of the time (and really thats what most of us are playing for) you have the better hand preflop.

TrailofTears
01-26-2005, 07:48 PM
I call this and see a flop. If there isn't an ace out there, I push him. If there is, I can let it go. If it is K-high or lower, I don't fear anything since my other option would have put me in without this option. For me, Call, look for an ace, and push him if none.

- ToT